| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: The I'm Sick Thread
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:09 pm 
Nailed to the V

I think I willed my body not to get sick until after finals because the day after my statistics final (which I passed! Yay!) I woke up with a sore throat. Since then I've spent the last two weeks with the worst cold I've had in years. So bad. Everyday I feel 10% better than I did before, but when I'm finally better my vacation will be over.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:10 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I lost my voice last night around 8. I almost choked to death on a cough drop around 5 am. My throat felt fine until about an hour ago. I can't stand the just a little sick crepe.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:42 am 

^and Now I have Bronchitis.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:15 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Holy crepe am I ever sick!

It started when I went home for Christmas--as it always does. I can't remember a Christmas I wasn't balls-out sick on Xmas day (thanks dysfunctional family!). And it's been hanging around, and then got significantly worse yesterday. Today I feel like I'm dying. Rough, rough, rough cough. Very sore throat. Sore sinuses. Exhausted. So much to do! (And didn't drink last night.)

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:58 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

My boyfriend has been sick with a sore throat...and now I've been feeling exhausted and rundown, even though I've had plenty of sleep and healthy foods. I don't want to sleep too much though because I want to sleep tonight. Must...not...zzzzzzzzz...

- just mumbles

Twitter: TheSpinachGirl
Blog:Spinach Girl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:09 pm 

I considered going to Urgent Care and they were closed. I'm just drinking my self into a 3 year expired NyQuil coma for now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:49 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I got sick on the flight home from Europe yesterday (first time puking in an airplane bathroom and first time using an airsick bag when they wouldn't let me out of my seat, lucky me!). Was super feverish last night, and still feel like crepe today. I did manage to drink a bit and eat a very small amount today, but there is def something wrong with my innards.

I'm just so glad I didn't get sick until I was on my way home! I thought it was a hangover at first, but now I'm thinking it might be more.... I've never been hungover for 36 hours like this!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:32 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

I can't get to sleep because I can't stop coughing. Woe.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:34 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I'm all snotty and sneezy and my head hurts, but I took my temperature like a hot minute ago and it was 95.4 F....which is a record low for me. I'm not sure what's going on.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:50 pm 

Fee wrote:
I'm all snotty and sneezy and my head hurts, but I took my temperature like a hot minute ago and it was 95.4 F....which is a record low for me. I'm not sure what's going on.

I am always low but that is very low. Did you take any medications?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:04 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I took some robitussin or something like that to go to sleep last night, but that was almost 24 hours ago. I'm just taking it as a sign that I've surpassed health and am coming round full circle.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:29 pm 

Fee wrote:
I took some robitussin or something like that to go to sleep last night, but that was almost 24 hours ago. I'm just taking it as a sign that I've surpassed health and am coming round full circle.

I would take it as a sign to put on a hoodie or some socks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:40 am 

Bleh. Getting over a cold with Jamba Juice is nice, but now I'm SO TIRED at work and just want to go home and crawl under the sheets with a nice, snoring, warm Manfriend. And I have meeting after work with school so I'll probably fall asleep during that. Great.

Now go eat some vegan food and don't complain about the world.
-Claire Galant, T.O.F.U Magazine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:45 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I had to sleep half sitting up last night because If I laid down, I'd just start coughing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:56 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Fee wrote:

I took my temperature yesterday and it was 97.3 when I was burning up. So I think it's shitty thermometers.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:13 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

My ribs are killing me from all the coughing..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:20 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Oh my god the vomiting. I don't remember when I've been this sick. At least the baby is pretty much over it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:56 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I've been sick-sick for 5 days now and it sucks. I have 2 friends in town for a short period of time that I'm missing, a hot yoga deal thats only good for a month and now I've missed a week of it, and had a whole bunch of other plans I've had to cancel. The worst part is I have one of those disgusting, hacking coughs that I'm sure wont go away for a while. Also my dog keeps barfing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:24 pm 
Inflexitarian

Sinus infection since the dawn of time. I'm on anti-biotics now. Work this weekend got me super sick...had a 96.8 temperature when I got home...yesterday could barely move at all...today was stupid and went in to work on my classroom and now I feel like my body and all it's joints are about to explode while my head implodes. I'm running a slight fever. I can't call out tomorrow thanks to me being physically unable to finish the project I started and my classroom is in shambles. what the fizzle.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:45 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I have no idea what's wrong but it sucks. I've been painfully nauseated since like Friday, wherein I feel starving, eat something, then feel like barfing. Sunday it hurt so bad I couldn't walk around much and breathing was painful. Monday I actually tried eating then Monday night I was in so much pain and so nauseated my heart rate was really elevated and I was shaking and breathing like I was running a marathon. Repeat Tuesday morning (left work early). Now it seems that as long as I don't eat, I'm sort of tolerably functional. The downside of this being I ate two pieces of toast and a handful of saltines yesterday and I'm starving... but I have to go to work for some Important Meetings today and I'm afraid to set off the sick chain reaction again. I hope this is just a virus and it will GO AWAY SOON!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:41 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Of ALL the days to get sick, I get sick the two days before a deadline. So there is no taking of sick days even though I have them saved up. I think I'm taking a sick day AFTER the deadline, even if I'm better, just because I deserve one!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:42 am 
Writes Vegan Haiku

rabidchild wrote:
I have no idea what's wrong but it sucks. I've been painfully nauseated since like Friday, wherein I feel starving, eat something, then feel like barfing. Sunday it hurt so bad I couldn't walk around much and breathing was painful. Monday I actually tried eating then Monday night I was in so much pain and so nauseated my heart rate was really elevated and I was shaking and breathing like I was running a marathon. Repeat Tuesday morning (left work early).

I was sick Friday at work, felt like it was severe acid reflux and bloating.. but just starting my shift made it to the can and hurled. Headed home right after and puked for the next 3 hours and SEVERE abdominal pain. The puking was pretty intense, not the effortless open your mouth and it flows.. it was like something had my gut and was just reaming it out. Body aches, dehydration soon followed. 6 other people have been sick in the same 24-48 hour time frame at work. I'm fairly certain it was one person who came in last week and worked while he was actively sick. Still feel crappy, appetite is so-so, sinus infection now from being horizontal about 16 hours and not drinking anything. Missed 2 shifts at work.. new job... great.

Feel better soon rabidchild - sounds like a virus, stay hydrated best you can.. just in case the puking does start.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:03 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

tendervittles wrote:
rabidchild wrote:
I have no idea what's wrong but it sucks. I've been painfully nauseated since like Friday, wherein I feel starving, eat something, then feel like barfing. Sunday it hurt so bad I couldn't walk around much and breathing was painful. Monday I actually tried eating then Monday night I was in so much pain and so nauseated my heart rate was really elevated and I was shaking and breathing like I was running a marathon. Repeat Tuesday morning (left work early).

I was sick Friday at work, felt like it was severe acid reflux and bloating.. but just starting my shift made it to the can and hurled. Headed home right after and puked for the next 3 hours and SEVERE abdominal pain. The puking was pretty intense, not the effortless open your mouth and it flows.. it was like something had my gut and was just reaming it out. Body aches, dehydration soon followed. 6 other people have been sick in the same 24-48 hour time frame at work. I'm fairly certain it was one person who came in last week and worked while he was actively sick. Still feel crappy, appetite is so-so, sinus infection now from being horizontal about 16 hours and not drinking anything. Missed 2 shifts at work.. new job... great.

Feel better soon rabidchild - sounds like a virus, stay hydrated best you can.. just in case the puking does start.

Yea, back at work today. Actually doing ok. I definitely was refluxing yesterday. Nothing like belching up acid! It seems like as long as I don't eat, I'm cool. Either that or I'm just coincidentally getting better. My heartrate is back to normal though and I'm not shakey anymore. I do have a splitting headache but I think that's from not eating. I'm going to go with some light foods after work tonight and see how that goes! Hopefully I'll be better by Friday -- they're having a going away party for me at work and they actually take the effort to make all the food vegan for me!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:03 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I'm up with a fever of 101.4. I want to watch tv but I am afraid I will wake up the baby. So instead I am freezing and typing on the computer in the dark.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:23 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Ugh! I have had a mild sore throat for days, and it got worse at 4:00am! It was my day off and I should have stayed in bed, but didn't have the heart yo break plans with a) an old friend and next, dinner with the parents. I'm having beer and an energy drink, and thinking I may skip out of tomorrow's bike ride. Boo.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next