| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gym excitement!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:03 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Just wanted to share my excitement: I'm joining a gym next week (this week end if i can get hold of my student id fast enough)!!!

It's gonna be sooooo awesome. I'm planning to do lots of classes, mainly pilates and yoga, but I'm definitly gonna schedule some time with someone who can teach me all the machines in the gym.

this is like a dream come true for me, i haven't been working out on a regular basis since august.

so, that's that, just wanted to share.

Post subject: Re: Gym excitement!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:02 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I share your excitement! I never could afford a gym and always worked out at home so now it feels like such a great luxury. I got an amazing deal through work.

I thought it would bug me to work out in front of people but it's actually awesome so far. The only thing I don't like are the showers. Not enough of them and they're not very hot.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:25 pm 
Chard Martyr

Woo! I love the gym! I pay way too much for it, so I take great advantage of it... actually, I could take more advantage of it, and since they raise the rates every forking year, I vow to take even greater advantage of it this year. Thanks for the idea!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:00 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

I joined today. Yay! I love working out and now I have lots of machines and a pool. Haven't been swimming in years. So excited!

baszilla.tumblr.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:50 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yay for you! I can't afford a gym. But I have an at home gym. Treadmill (craigslist), weights, Total Gym, Stability Ball, Yoga Mat, several dvd's, and a Resistance Band.

I think I would enjoy the swimming pool and steam rooms at the gym. Also, I like the gyms that have the indoor running/walking tracks. I would totally use that!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:13 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I joined my little neighborhood gym a few weeks ago and I really like it so far! Nothing fancy like a pool or anything, but they did give me a complimentary personal training session which was super helpful.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:36 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Woohoo, i'm in the same boat! I was super fit before I moved interstate, but haven't been exercising properly since july or so...ugh...I find it so hard because where I moved to it is really hilly, so it makes it hard for me to run around. But am joining the gym in the next few weeks too (also waiting on my student card). Yay fitness!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:48 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Quarantined wrote:
I share your excitement! I never could afford a gym and always worked out at home so now it feels like such a great luxury. I got an amazing deal through work.

I thought it would bug me to work out in front of people but it's actually awesome so far. The only thing I don't like are the showers. Not enough of them and they're not very hot.

Samesies!!

I hope you have a great time at the gym--get those endorphins pumpin'!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:25 am 
Huffs Nooch

Yay for you! I love the gym. I personally don't have the dedication to work out at home. I feel like when I'm home, I want to be home, you know? So the gym is perfect. I hit it on the way home from work, and it's all business. I don't even pay very much for it either (24 Hour Fitness). Have fun!