| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:07 am 
Grandfathered In
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:41 pm
Posts: 9163
Location: Seattle
So far I am coping surprisingly well.

But how will we search (and quote from) the old boards?

_________________
Did somebody say Keep on rockin?


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:10 am 
Grandfathered In
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:41 pm
Posts: 9163
Location: Seattle
Has this been covered?

I post a reply. When my screen refreshes, I want to be looking at the post I replied to. I don't want to have to tell it where I want to go. Just go to the post I replied to, you!

(Is this something I can adjust via my User Control Panel™®©?)

_________________
Did somebody say Keep on rockin?


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:14 am 
A Bad Person
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:24 pm
Posts: 2898
Location: Soy City
FootFace wrote:
Has this been covered?

I post a reply. When my screen refreshes, I want to be looking at the post I replied to. I don't want to have to tell it where I want to go. Just go to the post I replied to, you!

(Is this something I can adjust via my User Control Panel™®©?)

If you allow it to automagically redirect you (takes 5 seconds), then it will take you back to the topic you posted in.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:35 am 
Grandfathered In
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:41 pm
Posts: 9163
Location: Seattle
brian wrote:
FootFace wrote:
Has this been covered?

I post a reply. When my screen refreshes, I want to be looking at the post I replied to. I don't want to have to tell it where I want to go. Just go to the post I replied to, you!

(Is this something I can adjust via my User Control Panel™®©?)

If you allow it to automagically redirect you (takes 5 seconds), then it will take you back to the topic you posted in.


So that's what everyone's been talking about!

_________________
Did somebody say Keep on rockin?


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:38 am 
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 1434
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Will we get a small tab icon thingy, like on the old boards? Preferably one that's not a skillet that looks like a chicken leg.

Image

I know that's probably the least urgent thing to do, but I like to recognize my tabs and bookmarks quickly.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:39 am 
A Bad Person
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:24 pm
Posts: 2898
Location: Soy City
aelle wrote:
Will we get a small tab icon thingy, like on the old boards? Preferably one that's not a skillet that looks like a chicken leg.

Image

I know that's probably the least urgent thing to do, but I like to recognize my tabs and bookmarks quickly.

Yes! There's a new favicon. It is not a skillet/chicken leg.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:45 am 
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 1434
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Oh good! No chicken legs!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:19 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 3268
I'm on my home laptop now and can no longer see the cool new logo or any of the graphics at the top of the forum, just the white bar with new messages, FAQ etc I've checked this in both Chrome & I.E. Is it just me?

And my tab is now showing a drumstick!

_________________
CupcakeKitteh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:22 am 
A Bad Person
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:24 pm
Posts: 2898
Location: Soy City
Kitteh wrote:
I'm on my home laptop now and can no longer see the cool new logo or any of the graphics at the top of the forum, just the white bar with new messages, FAQ etc I've checked this in both Chrome & I.E. Is it just me?

And my tab is now showing a drumstick!

Uhhhh I don't know what the fork. Flush your cache?


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:25 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 3506
Location: Toronto
Is there no way to go from a thread to a different room? Used to be you could go to any room from any thread and I very much dug that.

_________________
"I'd rather have dried catshit! I'd rather have astroturf! I'd rather have an igloo!"~Isa

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:27 am 
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 1434
Location: Hamburg, Germany
j-dub wrote:
Is there no way to go from a thread to a different room? Used to be you could go to any room from any thread and I very much dug that.

Yeah you can, all the way at the bottom right there's a "Jump to" scroll menu.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:30 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 3506
Location: Toronto
aelle wrote:
j-dub wrote:
Is there no way to go from a thread to a different room? Used to be you could go to any room from any thread and I very much dug that.

Yeah you can, all the way at the bottom right there's a "Jump to" scroll menu.

Oh! Thank you! I was looking in the wrong corner.

_________________
"I'd rather have dried catshit! I'd rather have astroturf! I'd rather have an igloo!"~Isa

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:44 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 3268
brian wrote:
Kitteh wrote:
I'm on my home laptop now and can no longer see the cool new logo or any of the graphics at the top of the forum, just the white bar with new messages, FAQ etc I've checked this in both Chrome & I.E. Is it just me?

And my tab is now showing a drumstick!

Uhhhh I don't know what the fork. Flush your cache?

Done and still nothing. And the link to the ppk home (top right hand corner) now goes back to the old ppk home page. I've tried on another pc and on Opera, still the same.

_________________
CupcakeKitteh


Last edited by Kitteh on Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:45 am 
A Bad Person
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:24 pm
Posts: 2898
Location: Soy City
Well yeah www.theppk.com goes to the old homepage. The new homepage currently resides at dev.theppk.com


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:47 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm
Posts: 3268
brian wrote:
Well yeah http://www.theppk.com goes to the old homepage. The new homepage currently resides at dev.theppk.com

Yep but the link that Isa got us to test earlier (top right hand corner) no longer shows me the awesome new page. Maybe the link's been changed? When I type in dev.theppk.com I get the new page. And still no logo/pretty graphics for me on the forum page.

_________________
CupcakeKitteh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:29 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:29 pm
Posts: 5878
nevermind! Figured it out.

_________________
Did you notice the slight feeling of panic at the words "Chicken Basin Street"? Like someone was walking over your grave? Try not to remember. We must never remember. - mumbles
Is this about devilberries and nazifruit again? - footface


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:51 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:53 am
Posts: 1034
Location: On the lam.
mel c wrote:
Drumstick!
For the record, new ppk is snappier than old ppk on my Android.

Truth.

Also, when I want to reply, I click Post Reply, type and then when I want to Tab + Enter to post it, it just previews it, due to the preview button location. Will I be forever doomed to double tabbing or clicking?

_________________
The Urban Housewife
+ The Urban Housewife on Facebook
The Vegan Girl's Guide to Life - out in November!
Cruelty Free Face
Morrissey Hates Murder

Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:23 am 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:31 pm
Posts: 1993
Location: detroit, mi
I'd like to add that I really like the way you addressed disordered eating and fatphobia issues in the weight loss forum. I think it was a very eloquent, respectful disclaimer and a great way to build a safe space.

_________________
I'm still buddhist & I still love cupcakes.
My crochet blog! http://threadbythreadzen.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:02 am 
Ignore this!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:43 am
Posts: 366
Whoa, I'm glad I read this thread because I learned where the Quick Reply is. That was my main new-ppk-freakout.

_________________
"oooohhh, Jesus is a lil weiner" -lubimiller
"I don't want to wake up pregnant by tempeh!" -amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:50 pm 
Saggy Butt
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 298
Location: the Netherlands
The new header looks so pretty! I love the colours and the little drawings. I really liked the warm orange and red colours of the old PPK and I'm glad they're still here. It gets kind of grey/plain when you scroll down, though, but I guess I'll get used to that.

But the smilies! they seem to have chins? Creepy. I'll try to switch smilies off, glad that's an option too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:00 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm
Posts: 7033
Location: NC for now
Tofulish wrote:
Yes, I found a few different gifs of this and these work.
Image


giftastic!

_________________
"T-shirts are not allowed in heaven, Karyn. They don't do casual Fridays." - Amandabear

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:21 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm
Posts: 7033
Location: NC for now
It seems like it's not always obvious what page I'm on and if there are more pages - can that be bigger/colored/moved/suggestions,anyone? Am I alone here?

_________________
"T-shirts are not allowed in heaven, Karyn. They don't do casual Fridays." - Amandabear

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:21 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm
Posts: 7033
Location: NC for now
Are all the errors the same?

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 's' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [1194]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

_________________
"T-shirts are not allowed in heaven, Karyn. They don't do casual Fridays." - Amandabear

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:29 pm 
A Bad Person
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:24 pm
Posts: 2898
Location: Soy City
The errors come in a variety of flavors, all of which mean 'The server is on fire'.


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: My opinions are important!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:06 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:37 pm
Posts: 7033
Location: NC for now
brian wrote:
The errors come in a variety of flavors, all of which mean 'The server is on fire'.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adgx9wt63NY

_________________
"T-shirts are not allowed in heaven, Karyn. They don't do casual Fridays." - Amandabear

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer