| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 690 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Toronto
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:48 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

mishka wrote:
paprikapapaya wrote:
And we brought some of their muffins home to London, I recommend the sweet potato-date one. So good.

I refer to those as the Head-sized Muffins. Man, I really miss Urban Herbivore's sandwiches.

i refer to them as 'monsters', and i have consumed way too many of them in the past few months, but i never got sick of them, ever.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:52 pm 

biorobotics wrote:
mishka wrote:
paprikapapaya wrote:
And we brought some of their muffins home to London, I recommend the sweet potato-date one. So good.

I refer to those as the Head-sized Muffins. Man, I really miss Urban Herbivore's sandwiches.

i refer to them as 'monsters', and i have consumed way too many of them in the past few months, but i never got sick of them, ever.

I'm not really into muffins, but yeah, these are forking fantastic!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:58 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

mamatafari wrote:
Sorry to do this here, but it is a toronto based company.. A friend and I started a vegan baking (and catering) business this past summer in Toronto. We are a vegan/Ital business. On FB you can find us under "Omega Creations."
We began by holding a lot of outdoor bake sales from April-October. Now we've expanded into the mail order side of things, and are setting up a menu + pictures this week.
Check us out on FB.. We're still working on things, but you can at least get a bit of an idea of what we're doing. Thank you!!

Yay! I've had your stuff at the Pedestrian Sundays down in Kensington, soooo good! It's always good to get the word out to those who are new to the city.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:02 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

mamatafari wrote:
Sorry to do this here, but it is a toronto based company.. A friend and I started a vegan baking (and catering) business this past summer in Toronto. We are a vegan/Ital business. On FB you can find us under "Omega Creations."

Have you approached the Toronto Vegetarian Association to be put on the directory list? I can send you a contact if you need one.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:22 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Courtney wrote:
mamatafari wrote:
We began by holding a lot of outdoor bake sales from April-October. Now we've expanded into the mail order side of things, and are setting up a menu + pictures this week.
Check us out on FB.. We're still working on things, but you can at least get a bit of an idea of what we're doing. Thank you!!

Yay! I've had your stuff at the Pedestrian Sundays down in Kensington, soooo good! It's always good to get the word out to those who are new to the city.

Oohh! Thanks :) Now we have of course run into EXTREMELY high shipping costs if mailing outside of ON.. Bah..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:23 pm 

mishka wrote:
mamatafari wrote:

Have you approached the Toronto Vegetarian Association to be put on the directory list? I can send you a contact if you need one.

That's a good idea! I do have a neighbour who is quite involved with them. Maybe I should ask her first? They have announced bake sales for us before :) Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:16 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hello Toronto Vegans!

I am looking for a female veg/vegan roomie for February 1st, please message me if interested.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:19 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I wrote up a short blog entry recently about our trip to Toronto, pretty well outlining what I already said in here:
http://nakedveglunch.blogspot.com/2011/ ... -2010.html

Can't wait to go back.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:35 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Oh man, I finally got the chance to try Bunner's bakery up in the Junction. Soooooooo good!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:25 pm 
Saggy Butt

yeah, it's pretty tasty eh?
i may or may not have tried every single cupcake and cookie and savory patty available... in 2 days. maybe.

i did find some things to be a bit dry, but the first time i tried the red velvet cupcake it wasn't dry at all soo could have been a fluke i guess.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:29 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I'm coming home for the first time in just over a year (yay!) and one of my first places to stop will be Fresh. But, someone told me that the Thai Burger didn't survive the last menu change. Please tell me this isn't true.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:20 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi again everyone. I am now looking for a roomie for March 1st. Please email me if interested kgredner@gmail.com

Thanks!

PS The Thai Burger remains!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:56 pm 

my birthday is on march 10th, and i'm hoping to spend a day in toronto for it (probably not the actual day, but the following weekend or something).
does anyone maybe want to meet up and hang out? i'd like to go to loving hut for a meal, stock up on monster muffins from urban herbivore, browse around kensington market, and have a look in panacea or the big carrot.
are there any special events happening around the beginning/middle of march?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:44 pm 
Dildo Queen

paprikapapaya wrote:
I wrote up a short blog entry recently about our trip to Toronto, pretty well outlining what I already said in here:
http://nakedveglunch.blogspot.com/2011/ ... -2010.html

Can't wait to go back.

i just read your blog entry.
i love the photos and review of kensington - i'm going there this sunday, and your write-up got me so excited! next time you're in TO, you should hit up Vegetarian Haven - you have to go from chintatown across spadina all the way to the other end of baldwin, but it's totally worth it. and they have an extensive vegan dessert menu *_*
i used to love fressen but they changed their menu in the past 2 years and i don't like it as much anymore, though i do love the atmosphere and waitresses are always so friendly.
so i'm going to hit up panacea, which i'm excited for, because i haven't been there yet!!
scheese is the best cheese, and it looks like you got some other good stuff. i can't wait.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:45 pm 
Dildo Queen

biorobotics i'd love to celebrate your bday with you but on the 10th i've got class and a test that i can't miss. maybe we can plan a meet-up for the summertime!! that would be awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:47 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Wow, great month in Toronto Veganism. First, I got to try Bunner's twice (loved everything I had, but feel like the creamies are the tops) and Hot Beans opened in the market.

http://www.bunners.ca/shop/

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/hot-beans-toronto

Hot beans is awesome and I can't wait to try everything. We picked the the chorizo burrito and the jackfruit tacos with beans and rice. Also... doughnuts! Sooooo good.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:30 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

mishka wrote:
I'm coming home for the first time in just over a year (yay!) and one of my first places to stop will be Fresh. But, someone told me that the Thai Burger didn't survive the last menu change. Please tell me this isn't true.

It's not true! Yay!

And, seriously. When did the service at Urban Herbivore get so terrible?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:51 pm 
Saggy Butt

mishka wrote:
mishka wrote:

It's not true! Yay!

And, seriously. When did the service at Urban Herbivore get so terrible?

oh my god, isn't it awful?? i haven't had a good experience there in months. it's shocking how bad it is.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:16 am 
Dildo Queen

yeah i went to urban herbivore last week...just to get a muffin...the girl working there was pretty rude, she barely even spoke to me, didn't smile or anything. they were really busy, so i was understanding of that, but it made me feel unwelcome in the restaurant.

you guys should all head over to vegetarian haven. the food is amazing, and they have a full dessert menu, and the forking waitresses are so forking friendly and accommodating.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:17 am 
Dildo Queen

AND I FINALLY WENT TO PANACEA
I WAS IN HEAVEN
THEY HAVE JOKERZ BARS
AND SHEESE
and everything else you could possibly imagine. i want to live there. it is glorious.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:22 am 

Blah. have never enjoyed urban herbivore. got turned off by some pretty flavourless soups and an overly flavoured sandwich. no more thanks :)

Panacea is awesome! Love the friendly staff the most. Luckily Essence of Life is starting to get their act into gear for a lot of vegan goodies as well = less expensive for moi..

TORONTO: At the end of March Omega Creations will be holding our first bake sale of the year. We are once again fundraising this year as a means of getting this business into a permanent location by 2012.. But we like holding the bake sales so it's all good :)
Location/Date/Time to be announced by next week..
And have really enjoyed meeting all the ppkers who have come out to support us so nicely!

Look for us on FB: Omega Creations. Not many 'professional' looking pictures yet but soon..
Nadia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:45 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Aww! That sucks about Urb Herb. We always enjoy our sammiches when we visit the city and the service is always good.

I LOVE Panacea. I so wish I could go back like, right now. Everything in one place - amazing!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:55 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Woohoo! I'm coming to Toronto soon! I'm so geekishly excited.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:54 pm 

Ok updated bake sale info:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/even ... 5123928254

When: Saturday, March 26 · 10:30am - 1:30pm (weather permitting).
Where: next to Aspetta Cafe at 207 August Ave in Kensington Market. I'm going to try to get the owner to ok selling goodies from the cafe itself if it's cold out. At least that way she may get business as well-people eating our goodies and drinking coffee/espresso etc..
There will be a smaller booth set up at Genesis One-14 St. Andrew St. (also Kensington Market-north of Dundas on the west side of Spadina)..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:19 pm 

i've always gotten great service at urban herbivore.

i'm spending this weekend in toronto for my birthday; yay! going to check out panacea, for sure.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 690 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28  Next