| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need help finding wide-width boots/shoes
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:57 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Hi all,

I need some help finding wide-width vegan boots and shoes. I'm having a really hard time... My feet are "D" width, which makes is nearly impossible to fit into any shoes that aren't marked "wide" and even some that are marked wide aren't wide enough.

Endless.com has a great feature where you can select "vegetarian" shoes, along with size and width, but they don't carry any boots that fit those criteria. (I'm also looking for some nice black and brown flats for work, but those are less urgent at the moment...)

I've thought of ordering men's boots, because those generally run a little wide, but I'm hesitant to waste a lot of money on shipping charges when I have no idea if they'll fit.

I can't possibly be the only vegan with this problem!? :)

Any help would be much appreciated...

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Need help finding wide-width boots/shoes
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:43 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Sorry this reply may be too late but i'm in the same boat. You won't find much when searching vegan, instead look for these brands at zappos, shoes.com, and shoebuy.com - lifestride, grasshoppers, easy street - almost all man-made and wide. Also the brand Annie but they can be ugly. A few naturalizer & aerosoles boots are man-made. Lately I've found that payless "wide" are too narrow. Good luck.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:38 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I have pretty wide feet (I also have crazy high arches and i'm a woman's size 11.)
I've had luck with Wanted Prague boots (I have them in grey) http://www.wantedshoes.com/, but I don't know if they come in a specifically wide size, I just broke them in and they seemed to work well.
I've occasionally found good shoes for wider feet at payless, they have a lot of vegan shoes (cheap materials) and they are all over the place so you can actually go in and try them on.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:15 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I have wide feet too, along with really wide calves so I have pretty much given up on finding boots ever. However, If you are not wide of calf, you might find that Blowfish boots are wide enough. I find that their shoes are nice and wide. Be careful though, as not all of their boots are animal free. Even some that have man made outers have leather insoles/lining (I know!).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:47 pm 
Double double, toil and trouble

I have wide feet (and am a size 10 in women's, if it matters), and I have two pairs of Earth Boots that fit really well!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:45 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Thanks for the replies! It's an ongoing problem, so no reply is too late. Thanks for the tips on those brands. I will check them out. (Yay for Zappos free shipping both ways!)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:49 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I'm so glad this post is here, I have the same issue!

I've been searching for a harness/motorcycle style boot without much luck:

The closest I've found is the Engineer boot from Vegetarian Shoes
http://www.mooshoes.com/products2.cfm/I ... -Shoes/a/3
They are dude shoes, but who knows if they would be wide enough. I wish I could try a pair on!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:08 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
lane bryant.com has about 30 pair of wide shoes and every one I clicked on is made of PVC so I ordered four pairs. I'll let you know if they work out. Many of the reviews commented on the bottom of the shoe having a slippery covering that eventually wears off but when I have a fall-down event it usually keeps me giggling for days.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:36 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Evans UK has a good selection of wide boots. A lot of them are all manmade materials, you just need to check the product description. Unfortunately, the selection is a little limited this time of year, since we're heading into sandal season.
http://www.evans.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogNavigationSearchResultCmd?catalogId=33054&storeId=12553&langId=-1&viewAllFlag=false&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=209459&parent_categoryId=209435&beginIndex=1&pageSize=20&intcmpid=intershoes10

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:13 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Avenue is having a boot sale right now.
http://www.avenue.com/Plus-Size-Boot-Sale.aspx?DeptId=19963

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:42 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Have exactly same problem - bad enough when I wore leather, virtually impossible now!

As mentioned above, Evans in UK is often only option but don't know if they ship overseas. Evans is a plus size store which sells fairly cheap clothes - it didn't occur to me that shoes aimed at larger women would be wider until someone pointed it out - so if you've got a similar type of store in US hopefully they'll also stock cheap, wide, non-leather shoes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:30 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I love birkenstock shoes/sandals. I have wide feet & these are perfect for me & so comfy. They come in two width fittings so check you don't pick the narrow fit. Unfortunately they have stopped making a few of the vegan pairs that I already own (I wish I'd known I'd have stocked up!) I have included the UK link because it shows the vegan range they have at the moment but I'm sure you'll be able to get them in the US just their site wouldn't let me search for vegan specifically.

http://www.birkenstock.co.uk/index.php? ... ords=vegan

Good luck

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:03 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I'm searching for a particular kind of shoe that has been very elusive. I swear if I find this I will never have to buy dress shoes again:

A wide-width nude heel with a strap.

The closest I've come are these Gabriella Rocha shoes from Zappos.

I ordered them and tried them on but the heel was WAY too tall, they weren't that wide and they were very cheaply made for how expensive they were.

Have you seen anything like this anywhere else?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:38 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

A bit late coming in I know but I have the same problem, the "wide" fitting shoes in stores are far too narrow for me.

My dilemma is that I have lots of vintage dresses and skirts but I don't have the shoes to go with them. I've been vegan for about four months or so and even when buying leather shoes I could only ever fit comfortably in to one label (Planet Shoes).

I discovered a fab vegan business where I live (Australia) that makes vegan shoes. I've just had two pairs made in a vintage-y style that match what's in my wardrobe. They weren't cheap, but it is quite literally impossible to find any vegan shoes for me otherwise. Plus from all the reviews I've heard, the shoes will last a very long time.

So for me, the only thing I could do was have a business measure my feet and make the shoes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:15 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I am also so late to this thread but my feet are 6EEE in size and I struggle too! I tend to make do with cheaper, synthetic shoes that don't last as long as I can never seem to afford £60+ for one pair of shoes at a time! There are a few places that do various width fittings and I just look out for the non leather options..... There is Evans, Viva La Diva, Yours Clothing and New Look.

Sorry for the folks across the pond - I only know about the UK options!

Cake! / Foody Blog

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:03 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Jellypop brand shoes seem to run very wide (for not even being labeled as wide width). These don't seem like super high quality shoes, but it looks like all their styles are synthetic material, they're inexpensive and pretty comfortable. You can search their site for a list of all the stores/websites that carry this brand.
I found a pair of their Dana pumps at a thrift store (hush) and I love them so much I want to buy another pair as a back up.

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]