| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: B-more, where you at?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:05 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

I think we need to have a Baltimore meetup with all DC suburbs people in the spring when it's nice out. There's a pizza place with vegan stuff down by the inner harbor that would probably be nice!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:11 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

I am down for a meetup whenever!

Smells like carrots.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:12 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

I'd totally be down for a mini meetup before spring too though. Only caveat is I don't drive so anything outside of the city is trickier.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:31 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

In which part of the city do you reside?

Smells like carrots.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:44 pm 
WRETCHED

Although not Baltimore, Great Sage added some winter items including Chicken pot pie and mac n cheese!
:Be sure to stop in to try these fabulous new editions: 'Chicken' Pot Pie, General Tso's Tofu, Porcini and Black Truffle Rigatoni, Wild Rice and Mixed Grain Pilaf, Adult Mac & 'Cheese' and Baby Spinach Salad."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:18 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

How have I never been to Great Sage? Would anyone mind writing my boss to request an early dismissal for me today? I live in Annapolis and work in DC, I've been neglecting Bmore for too long. And apparently Clarksville.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:22 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Great Sage... Sooo good... I have a gift card burning a hole in my pocket.

Smells like carrots.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:43 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

Oh! I want to try this place that just opened http://www.thelandofkush.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:45 pm 
WRETCHED

Have any of you guys been to Emily's? I've been wanting to try to go there.

Also Land of Kush looks good although Soul Veg in DC has my heart.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:49 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

linanil wrote:
Have any of you guys been to Emily's? I've been wanting to try to go there.

Also Land of Kush looks good although Soul Veg in DC has my heart.

I haven't unfortunately. It's way out there if you don't drive.

I only made it to Soul Veg once cause they were always closed when I tried to go there! So my heart is still to be won, although Yabba Pot may be a contender.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:22 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

I would like to try Land of Kush too!

I went to Emily's on their grand opening thing, which was more like some kind of weird party. There were a lot of people there and it is a little space. They ran out of GF food, which was why we went, so all I really got to try was a plain salad and some pasta that wasn't amazing. I guess they mainly do baked goods, but I didn't get to try any.

I would go back to Emily's to try stuff out. I think they were just not expecting so many people to be there that night, and I had a bad first impression.

Smells like carrots.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:06 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

Liquid Earth is the forking bomb, and Great Sage is ah-mazing (even though it's not in Bmore). I've been contemplating whether or not they'd notice if I just moved in and started living there. (LaMoy, I can't believe you haven't used that gift card yet.)
Unfortunately, I don't think Emily's Cafe exists anymore; however, she does still have a kiosk in Towson Town Center for her bangin' baked goods and chocolates.

You can check out vegbaltimore.com for other ideas...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:27 am 
Baking In The Flavor

linanil wrote:
Although not Baltimore, Great Sage added some winter items including Chicken pot pie and mac n cheese!
:Be sure to stop in to try these fabulous new editions: 'Chicken' Pot Pie, General Tso's Tofu, Porcini and Black Truffle Rigatoni, Wild Rice and Mixed Grain Pilaf, Adult Mac & 'Cheese' and Baby Spinach Salad."

Thanks for the heads up on the new menu! To be completely honest, I'm not really a huge fan of a lot of their food, but since everything is vegan, it's really nice to be able to go and get whatever. I'm definitely going to try some of their new stuff soon.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:34 am 
WRETCHED

PSYCwon wrote:
linanil wrote:

Thanks for the heads up on the new menu! To be completely honest, I'm not really a huge fan of a lot of their food, but since everything is vegan, it's really nice to be able to go and get whatever. I'm definitely going to try some of their new stuff soon.

Yeah I'm not totally in love with Great Sage and was actually disappointed by a few things in the past especially soups which I don't try to order any more. Also I had tried ordering a vegan option of a vegetarian item before they went vegan and it was not good. So I basically have hit and miss there and I try to order 'safe' things so as not to be disappointed.

Last time I went I had enchiladas that I enjoyed. My husband had a tempeh reuben and it was pretty good although a bit greasy.

Oh and I did order their Christmas dinner because I was feeling lazy. Their seitan wellington was sooo soo good but the sides were 'meh'. I was a bit disappointed. If I had a choice, I'd just order the wellington. They also gave a pitiful amount of broccoli. I had to cook other veggies to go with it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:20 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

linanil wrote:
Yeah I'm not totally in love with Great Sage and was actually disappointed by a few things in the past especially soups which I don't try to order any more. Also I had tried ordering a vegan option of a vegetarian item before they went vegan and it was not good. So I basically have hit and miss there and I try to order 'safe' things so as not to be disappointed.

Last time I went I had enchiladas that I enjoyed. My husband had a tempeh reuben and it was pretty good although a bit greasy.

Oh and I did order their Christmas dinner because I was feeling lazy. Their seitan wellington was sooo soo good but the sides were 'meh'. I was a bit disappointed. If I had a choice, I'd just order the wellington. They also gave a pitiful amount of broccoli. I had to cook other veggies to go with it.

I had their Thanksgiving dinner, and I felt the same. The seitan wellington was really good, but the sides were pretty boring.. I find a lot if it is just really bland, and they try to copy too many meaty dishes. I took someone there for dinner who was veg, but I doubt I'd take an omni, honestly.

The Santa Fe Salad is actually my favorite meal from there and I never order salads when I eat out.. OH and the Artichoke Spinach Dip is really good.

Speaking of soups, the last two times I was there they had Maryland "Crab" Soup, but I'm too afraid to try it because I LOVVVVED Maryland crab soup before I stopped eating my little crabby friends, and I'm pretty sure I'll end up disappointed. I did order a special Chesapeake "Crab" cake thing they had as a special and that is exactly what happened. The day someone makes a vegan crab cake that tastes like a real one, I may never eat anything else ever again.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:01 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

This is interesting. Maybe I haven't tried enough stuff on Great Sage's menu; last time I was there I had the Artichoke Spinach Dip AND the Seitan Wellington, which were both completely amazing. Maybe we should all just keep ordering those dishes? : P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:22 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

That is a fantastic combo. The spinach artichoke dip is soo good..

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:57 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

MaryaDD wrote:
This is interesting. Maybe I haven't tried enough stuff on Great Sage's menu; last time I was there I had the Artichoke Spinach Dip AND the Seitan Wellington, which were both completely amazing. Maybe we should all just keep ordering those dishes? : P

Haaay, girlfriend. I haven't been to Sage in a while, and I know they change their head chefs a lot. Maybe you and I should order everything on the menu and give a full report on which dishes are orgasmic.

Smells like carrots.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:25 pm 
Wears Pleather Undies

LaMoy wrote:
MaryaDD wrote:

Haaay, girlfriend. I haven't been to Sage in a while, and I know they change their head chefs a lot. Maybe you and I should order everything on the menu and give a full report on which dishes are orgasmic.

Haha, that sounds like an awesome idea to me. Although we'll have to start a "Sage Fund" to pay for it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:51 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I live an hour away from Bmore (in York, Pa.) I would love to meet up with vegans anytime, as long as it's Sunday or Monday! (that's my weekend.)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:17 am 
So Totally Yiffy

Hi, yes! I would like to plan a meetup. For those who are interested, how does Sunday, March 6th sound?

Smells like carrots.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:14 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

If I'm not visiting my parents, sure! I haven't seen them since Christmas and they live a whopping 2.5 hours away. lol.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:28 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

I could maybe do it (depends on where in the city and how busy I am with school). But, yes!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:31 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Haha, cool. Sounds good so far! I am thinking about checking out Land of Kush to see if it is good and suitable for a group. Definitely open to ideas! We can always change the time/place since we have lots of time to decide:)

Smells like carrots.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:33 pm 
Chip Strong

I just came up to Baltimore from DC to go to umbc. PPK, we should hang out. I'm awesome, I promise (okay, I can't promise that, but I'll try).

I feel like Great Sage has the potential to be awesome but a lot of their stuff is lacking. Their quesadilla is awesome, though. Roots is fun to visit, especially for their discounted items, but most of their stuff is way overpriced. MOM's is better. (;

Also, I'm sad to hear that Emily's Desserts is gone. Roots used to sell some of her stuff, and now that you mention it, I haven't seen it in a while. Sad- I never got to try it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next