| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sushi
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:37 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Anyone got recommendations for good sushi in Center City with plenty of veggie options? South Philly recommendations are also welcome.

Post subject: Re: Sushi
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:44 am 
Baking In The Flavor

Try Shiroi Hana at 15th and Locust.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:17 am 
Nailed to the V

I'm a huge fan of Vic Sushi on 21st and Sansom, 3 rolls for$10.99, can't beat it. They have a brown rice option, too. I love getting the veggie roll (avacado, cucumber, carrot, asparagus and something pickled), a sweet potatoe tempura roll and a seaweed salad roll. Eff yeah, I love Vic. Just note, these things aren't explicitly on the menu, but they don't fuss when you order specifically what you want.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:21 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

We ended up at Aki on Walnut and 12th. It wasn't bad. Good size rolls for the cost.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:54 pm 
Hip Goiter

xstartxtodayx wrote:
I'm a huge fan of Vic Sushi on 21st and Sansom, 3 rolls for$10.99, can't beat it. They have a brown rice option, too. I love getting the veggie roll (avacado, cucumber, carrot, asparagus and something pickled), a sweet potatoe tempura roll and a seaweed salad roll. Eff yeah, I love Vic. Just note, these things aren't explicitly on the menu, but they don't fuss when you order specifically what you want.

Is Vic Sushi like a hidden door where you have to knock the secret knock? I pretty live THERE and have never seen this place. And I know this block like...like my block!

Laughfrodisiac

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:01 am 
Nailed to the V

RandiJM wrote:
xstartxtodayx wrote:

Is Vic Sushi like a hidden door where you have to knock the secret knock? I pretty live THERE and have never seen this place. And I know this block like...like my block!

We used to be neighbors then! I lived right on 22nd between Sansom and Walnut, what a great area, I half regret moving out of there. Anyway, Vic is right on Sansom between 21st and 20th but closer to 21st, its right next door to a parking garage and a few doors down (same side of the street) as Long in the Tooth record store. Seriously, best. Sushi. Ever.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:46 am 
Hip Goiter

Crazy!!I will definitely try it. What do you recommend?

Laughfrodisiac

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:54 pm 
Nailed to the V

Like I said, they don't have all of their veggie sushi rolls explicitly on the menu. But I often do the 3 roll special and get a mixed veggie roll (nice, plump and full of avocado), sweet potato tempura roll and the seaweed salad roll. Free tea! They also have a vegan specialty roll or two, which I have never gotten but have been meaning to try. It's just an all around nice neighborhood spot, it's very tiny and they only have seating for about 6 people, but very clean and friendly service.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:27 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

RandiJM wrote:

We're practically neighbors!

I live Vic, but it's small and often busy. Around the corner is another decent place... Miro? Wait, that's an artist... Mido? Anywho, my favorite for "upscale" (though not so fancy) is Haru Sushi in Old City, but it's a tad pricey. They have what I like, though. A handful of appetizers, and various rolls. The veg entree is: Shiitake mushroom, kaiware, tofu, avocado, eggplant, asparagus, inari and avocado cucumber roll.

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]