| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Irritable Bowel Syndrome - IBS
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:52 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

it could have been the way it was prepared. i had it from a asian place so it was hella greasy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:40 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

newsie15 wrote:
laurlaur1013 wrote:
Does anyone else go through boxes and boxes of peppermint tea? Usually when I am feeling sick, I sip peppermint tea. It def calms my stomach down and sometimes even brings a little hunger around.

Also, something I said to my doctor absolutely baffled her....that when I'm having an IBS attack or just a bad morning, I feel worse (as in...bad nausea) after I've gone to the bathroom. Anyone else have that problem?

YES! I have that problem, too, even after I feel decent and thought using the bathroom would make me feel better. It's like I wake up healthy, use the restroom and get sick the rest of the day.

sometimes! it's usually much worse during though.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:51 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2011/01 ... l-syndrome

hmmmmn, this seems almost counterintuitive though since the other reasoning is that all the bacteria have died off. I dunno. If it does work that would be awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:56 am 

Okay. Carb overload = bad the next day.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:19 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

carbs, it's like tom sawyer and the fence. i think i'm going to like it, but then you know i forget that i don't like it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:56 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I love carbs. I switched my white bread to whole grain, but lately I have been eating white again. I think it's hurting my stomach.

It's been wonky lately, and I'm not sure why. I hate that because it's scary when I can't attribute it to a food/event/some neurotic nerve.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:56 am 

newsie15 wrote:
I love carbs. I switched my white bread to whole grain, but lately I have been eating white again. I think it's hurting my stomach.

It's been wonky lately, and I'm not sure why. I hate that because it's scary when I can't attribute it to a food/event/some neurotic nerve.

yeah, for ibs and migraines combined i know i can't do white but wheat and ezekiel makes me go back ad forth and i want to and i pretend i can. though i haven't had ezekiel in awhile. i love ezekiel. sigh.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:02 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

waah, I was the notetaker for a phone call today and as soon as the call started I felt a rumbling in my stomach (WHY oh WHY did I eat that hummus beforehand!), but I couldn't run out so I just tried to deal and finally it passed. But man, I was pretty sure I wasn't going to make it for a bit there!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:10 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Got mega sick last night at work. I don't know if it was a stomach flu brewing, the fact I had a cavity filled and the numbing agent went to my stomach, or my favorite Naked juice (Green Machine) is not good to me anymore.

It was horrible. I had only been at work for 2.5 hours. I asked my boss to let me take a half sick day and he said OK. I know they hate when I leave (it's a newspaper and I work nights. It's a hard biz.) I definitely have to work tonight and Saturday, with no one to cover for me.

What does everyone else do to get through work? Sometimes I pray that IBS could be on the disability list, but that's a far-fetched dream.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:32 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

newsie15 wrote:
Got mega sick last night at work. I don't know if it was a stomach flu brewing, the fact I had a cavity filled and the numbing agent went to my stomach, or my favorite Naked juice (Green Machine) is not good to me anymore.

It was horrible. I had only been at work for 2.5 hours. I asked my boss to let me take a half sick day and he said OK. I know they hate when I leave (it's a newspaper and I work nights. It's a hard biz.) I definitely have to work tonight and Saturday, with no one to cover for me.

What does everyone else do to get through work? Sometimes I pray that IBS could be on the disability list, but that's a far-fetched dream.

The only thing that really works for me is trying to get most of my business out of the way before I leave the house in the AM and then really, really watching what I eat during the day. If I eat too much, or the wrong thing, I'm totally screwed. Drinking a lot of water seems to help too.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:40 pm 
Tofu Pup

Anyone out there have Crohn's? If so, is there anything you eat that makes you feel better or help you stay in remission?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:07 pm 

The Vegan Tummy wrote:
Anyone out there have Crohn's? If so, is there anything you eat that makes you feel better or help you stay in remission?

Lauren has Crohn's and she has a great blog with tons of info - http://gingeristhenewpink.blogspot.com/ - she's high raw and mostly gluten free.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:23 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

barley is good for my glistening pink tube.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:20 pm 
Tofu Pup

appifanie wrote:
The Vegan Tummy wrote:

Lauren has Crohn's and she has a great blog with tons of info - http://gingeristhenewpink.blogspot.com/ - she's high raw and mostly gluten free.

Thank you so much. I'll take a look... I really appreciate your help with this... Sincerely... :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:54 pm 

The Vegan Tummy wrote:
appifanie wrote:
The Vegan Tummy wrote:

Thank you so much. I'll take a look... I really appreciate your help with this... Sincerely... :)

No problem! She's great and it's a great blog.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:35 am 

spelt yesterday and the day before, raw nut based brownies yesterday, BAD morning.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:03 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

As I mentioned last week, I got really sick at work. Well, I still traveled to the Midwest on Sunday. The past 4 days my stomach has been wonky but somewhat manageable. I didn't eat really well but I tried. But I definitely realize I get almost like motion sickness, after I travel in a car for quite some time. It reacts after the fact.
Well, we got back very late last night (2 a.m.) but my stomach survived yesterday very well.

Not today. It hates me today, despite how much I took care of it yesterday. It woke me up early and now won't stop freaking out. and I have to work tonight.

P.S. I love this forum group. It is great to have such support.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:50 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

IBS is so mysterious.
sometimes you are with me and other times i forget.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:13 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

fupa: I totally agree. Mine has creeped back.

So, I found this article. I agree, but sometimes I hit a wall, when exercising starts to make me a bit sick. It's getting past that that is the hardest. http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE7 ... geNumber=1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:42 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Another article: IBD vs. IBS.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/healt ... 22664.html

Does anyone else subscribe to the American College of Gastroenterology's Digestive Heath SmartBriefs (also known as an e-mail newsletter)?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:17 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

And another. http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/2 ... ref=health

Has anyone used peppermint oil to help with their IBS?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:21 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

How does everyone hold up with caffeine?

Me, I can't touch caffeinated coffee. Decaf gives me enough to jitter and send my colon into party mode. I drink regular soda sometimes, but the carbonation bothers me the most. I love tea, and that usually sits well. Though, now my body is rebelling and it is hating the black tea I drank the past 2 days.

Anyone else?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:47 am 

i might maybe should quit coffee, but not right now. i used to think it was coffee but when i cut out gluten it got better, so, fingers crossed!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:04 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

When will I ever learn that eating a whole bag of chips, even though they were yummy potato fliers with nutritional yeast, will ALWAYS make me sick?
I have to work for another 3.5 hours and I had a double dose of caffeine (a cup of hot tea & a Tazo iced tea lemonade), the chips & a bunch of grapes. Bad, bad gas-producing grapes.

I am hating my lowly life right now. Sorry for the whiny-ness.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:11 am 
Saggy Butt

Caffeine never gives me any trouble, weirdly enough. It's a good thing, too. Without tea and strong lattes, I would be a sad, lost soul. Carbonated beverages, on the other hand... No, sir. Weirdly, it's not as bad if it's alcoholic - cider or rum and diet coke don't cause as much upper gi discomfort as, say, a can of root beer. I think it's also partly the sugar. I know artificial sweeteners are probably not great, but sugar makes me feel like shiitake on toast.

*joinin' in right now because something other than gluten has me bloaty and grumpy and grarr*

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next