| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: glitter sniffer cosmetic recall
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:47 am 
Saggy Butt

if this bisque owed me money or her products had caused me harm, i'd be contacting a lawyer! i cannot believe she is still in business!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:09 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

And here's another tale of her being a MAJOR scam artist (while her scamming people is nothing new, this one involves her scamming a fellow business owner) http://glittersniffercomplaints.blogspot.com/2011/01/others-experiences_24.html

lindsayh wrote:
if this bisque owed me money or her products had caused me harm, i'd be contacting a lawyer! i cannot believe she is still in business!

I also don't get how she is still in business. She keeps lying about changes she's making, but none of those changes have happened (like her saying that since she didn't know what was in her products, she was going to throw them in the garbage and make fresh product. NEVER HAPPENED. Now she's selling stuff with a "May contain" label and she forgot that she said she'd throw it all away and has admitted selling it still--sorry, I know too much from reading practically everything on that complaints blog).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:56 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL BUYING FROM HER???? Let us forgot about safety for a minute and just look at how shady she is...Why would people support that???

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:29 pm 
Nailed to the V

Okay, this is just stupid. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 5929629769 Why take that kind of risk with your child?!

"So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:42 am 
Ninja Master

ergh, I am so glad I didn't buy anything else from her, she is vile!

Those stories about reactions to the products are terrifying, I'm binning the only thing I have left from her that I haven't already binned!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:52 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I am so surprised anyone is still supporting her business. The Facebook page is just crawling with fangirls who seems to love this bisque. What is wrong with people?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:15 am 
Ninja Master

paprikapapaya wrote:
I am so surprised anyone is still supporting her business. The Facebook page is just crawling with fangirls who seems to love this bisque. What is wrong with people?

I know, I read it and nearly puked! One woman was like 'you're a great business woman and we love you blah blah'. I can't believe she's still in business.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:58 am 
Chip Strong

paprikapapaya wrote:

This is why I kind of hate internet makeup culture, and I say that as someone who used to do makeup for a living and has an interest in it still (for my own face, anyway). Weird slavish loyalty to a company that just sells makeup (in this case, very poorly!) never made any sense to me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:02 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Lixa wrote:
paprikapapaya wrote:

This is why I kind of hate internet makeup culture, and I say that as someone who used to do makeup for a living and has an interest in it still (for my own face, anyway). Weird slavish loyalty to a company that just sells makeup (in this case, very poorly!) never made any sense to me.

Some people are just really good at marketing themselves and appealing to people as "personalities" on the internet. I guess it's kind of like the popular kids in middle school - they're very rarely popular because they're actually awesome. It's maddening, but unfortunately, there's not much you can do beyond trying not to let it make you crazy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:34 am 
Chip Strong

jordanpattern wrote:
Some people are just really good at marketing themselves and appealing to people as "personalities" on the internet. I guess it's kind of like the popular kids in middle school - they're very rarely popular because they're actually awesome. It's maddening, but unfortunately, there's not much you can do beyond trying not to let it make you crazy.

There's that, and then also I think her whole DIY aesthetic and listing things as being "natural" and "vegan" creates this halo of credibility more so than, say, NARS or some huge company.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:38 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

She was always really nice to me. I know that's not the popular thing to say right now, but every time I contacted her she was endlessly polite and if she had a sale that expired and I asked if I could still get the deal, she let me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:46 am 
Chip Strong

something that i think is interesting about the facebook page is that when she talks about how she can't use paypal anymore her facebook friends are bashing the people who reported her through paypal for problems they had. like all of those people who reported her were just being petty jerks instead of having REAL problems with not getting refunds, etc.

amazing.

Dear Nora: My cat's advice column (really)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:04 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Fee wrote:
She was always really nice to me. I know that's not the popular thing to say right now, but every time I contacted her she was endlessly polite and if she had a sale that expired and I asked if I could still get the deal, she let me.

Yeah, she was nice to me too, but to be fair I only contacted her once to get a sample pack for a christmas present. This was also when her business was still really young. She clearly can't handle running a business, since she keeps doing the same shiitake she got caught doing. I don't understand why she can't just stop for a few weeks and regroup. And maybe get a friend to be her publicist so she will quit bitchfacing her way further into a hole.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:11 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

Well, the first package I was supposed to get from her 'went' missing - it was samples for review. Then I told her I would by something & she sent the samples with that. Then I reviewed a company for a magazine I was working for, she saw the article and said I never contacted her since she wanted to be featured, I did contact her a few times. I even contacted her after seeing that with no emails back.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:01 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

she's switched to google checkout now, ugh. I'm real glad I didn't send my stuff back and pay for the postage cause there is no way in hell she'll refund. If there's any local artists in So. OR I got a drawer of glitter!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:23 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

All I want to know is how this thread hasn't been kfishered yet.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:03 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I've been wondering the same! I don't know what she would or could really say though. "Yep, I suck. You have all the evidence." or I guess just deny everything, but that would just be dumb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:52 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Or she could start off calm and then wind up screaming obscenities at us.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:10 pm 
Saggy Butt

I don't think it would count as a real kfisher since she was previously a PPK member, albeit with the sole purpose of spamming about her business.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:11 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

missmuffcake wrote:
WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL BUYING FROM HER???? Let us forgot about safety for a minute and just look at how shady she is...Why would people support that???

She paid them off. with our money.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:15 pm 
Ate all the pumpkin seeds

It's like Lime Crime all over again. I want to support independent, small businesses, but eesh.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:59 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

So uh, for some reason I spent an unhealthy amount of time reading makeup dramz, and I went to catch up on the complaints blog...

http://glittersniffercomplaints.blogspo ... stion.html

So basically, hardly any of her pinks/reds were vegan. And overall, she is still being a shady croissant.

Also, Lime Crime was one of the things I was reading about! Her ED page made me laugh so hard, and then I got to this part:

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Doe_De ... ctivism.22

So uh, don't buy her shiitake either, because I don't trust that any of it is vegan.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:21 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

DD was on a cover of a magazine recently - I wanted to rip it up!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:24 pm 
Ate all the pumpkin seeds

That girl is just to forking precious. She annoys the shiitake out of me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:02 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I asked her why she spammed here-she said "exposure" I asked if it was misleading to advertise as vegan when in fact her stuff is not, she didn't answer then whined that people were harassing here blablablabla, the usual.
oops I better shut up cause she is getting a lawyer for libel haha.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next