| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2674 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 107  Next
 Post subject: Re: Baby & Kid Updates Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:03 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Yesterday Dash learned to roll both ways, had the biggest belly laugh I have ever heard come out of him and put himself down for a nap. A huge day of firsts!!! All on his 4 month birthday, too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:23 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Wow, sneakers, that IS a lot of firsts.

I wish Zora would put herself down for a nap. She is is, however, on the precipice of crawling. She scoots backward, goes into plank position, rock on her knees... which inspired me to clean baseboards and walls, get down on my own knees and do some inventory of the floor. I'm not looking forward to cleaning it all or relocating so many things, but hey- it's only temporary. That's what I tell myself when I feel the effects of being a milk machine, or waking up to change five diapers a night.

I love how all she has to do is flash me a gummy smile or crinkle up her twinkly eyes and it all worth it.

:)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:45 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I have mixed feelings about crawling - yay! milestone and also - boo! our house is a disaster of cables and cat hair and who knows what else on the floor. I keep telling the hubby we're just going to have to buy a new house and take the baby there to play every day in a safe environment ;) Have fun cleaning / preparing, I'm sure the crawling will be totally worth it!

Dash hasn't put himself down for a nap since. I guess it was just a one-off.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:57 pm 

Yeah, I ended up not being able to clean it all- I still have like five more baseboards to go- and lots of dog hair. Sometimes I wish I could put my dog in a plastic bag coat... or something. She is amazingly wonderful with Zora though! This is what I tell myself.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:41 pm 
And you never will.

poopiebaby just climbed out of his Bumbo seat. He's not 'crawling' yet, but he can get from one end of the room to the other in seconds.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:34 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

oooooooh, mobile babies! i was no good at keeping my floors clean. i like to think it was an immune system boosting experience...

milo is 12 days old.
we're just doing the eat/sleep/poop thing. i have to say, newborns are WAY less scary the second time around. a baby crying about a poopy diaper or bad gas is just so much less stressful than my toddler throwing a screaming fit because i gave him milk instead of juice.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:38 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Milo! <3 He's gorgeous.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:11 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Milo is such a beautiful baby! He looks like he smells delicious.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:26 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Aw, what a beautiful guy! He looks so snuggly. How's Felix doing?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:53 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Awww Milo is beautiful!

I can't even believe it, but with all my yammering about how I hated being pregnant and would never, ever, ever want a second baby....I want another one! Already! It is all I can think about lately. I doubt I'll really do it, but man, babies are tooo cute and addictive.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:29 pm 
And you never will.

poopiebaby's newest favourite thing is to hang out in the plank position - for, like, ridiculous stretches of time. I wish I had the core strength this kid has.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:58 am 
Married to the wolfman

poopiebitch wrote:
poopiebaby's newest favourite thing is to hang out in the plank position - for, like, ridiculous stretches of time. I wish I had the core strength this kid has.

Oh, no kidding. The Emperor does this bizarre thing when he wants to climb on the couch where he puts one arm on the couch, one leg on a table in front of the couch, and then just sort of uses his core to lift himself up. It's like dark baby abdominal magic. I want that.

The Emperor's vocab continues to expand at an alarming rate. And, well... he's said shiitake and fork now. Both times he heard me mutter the cuss words under my breath, and he just took 'em and ran with 'em. He's working on a lot of words that have shhhhh and fffffff in them right now so he was just pleased as punch to have some new words to use those sounds in.

I feel kind of like the worst parent ever, and also irritated that he mimicked ME cursing and not my husband.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:16 pm 
And you never will.

Oh dear! Still not as bad as my friend's toddler, who was pretending to talk on her phone, and came out with "whatever, fork that bisque!"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:09 pm 

poopiebitch wrote:
Oh dear! Still not as bad as my friend's toddler, who was pretending to talk on her phone, and came out with "whatever, fork that bisque!"

Ha!

This is funny of course because it's not me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:12 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

poopiebitch wrote:

haha!! This is great! And reminds me of Shae's first curseword. "Get me a drink, bisque!"

We thought he had been sound asleep the night before when my friend and I were joking with each other, but maybe not. He only said it once when he was just barely 3.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:15 am 
Married to the wolfman

Kelly wrote:
poopiebitch wrote:

haha!! This is great! And reminds me of Shae's first curseword. "Get me a drink, bisque!"

Ha ha. Awesome.

One of my younger brothers had his first curseword around 5 maybe? He was sitting quietly in a corner of the living room playing. A bunch of adults were sitting on the couch and I was with them. He whacked his thumb or something and shouted shiitake! Everyone on the couch was like, "MIKEY!" He turns around and looks at us all with wide eyes, then goes "oh fork!"

It was really hilarious and is still one of my all time favorite memories of my brother, even now that he's like almost a grown up.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:21 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Walter is 12 weeks old and weighs probably 17 pounds (he was 15.5 at his 8 week check-up, so I'm just estimating). Carrying him, picking him up, and wearing him is killing my back. He is so forking heavy. I try to lift with my legs and all that, but still, every evening I have to sit with my back on a heating pad. When I do wear him, it's in this Boba carrier. I love the big thick straps, and it's easy to put on, but maybe it's putting too much strain on my back? I've given up on the moby because he is so heavy it kills my shoulders. My husband has tried wearing Walter in a baby bjorn, but he does not like his legs separated, he still likes being curled up like a fetus. I'm just whining, I guess. Ow, my poor back.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:23 pm 
Married to the wolfman

That's about where I stopped carrying the Emperor in the Moby too. It just sags too much once they get that big.

I moved from there to a woven wrap. Basically a Moby, but not stretchy. A friend made mine... basically she serged the edge of a big piece of non-stretchy cloth. That was great for me when he was too big for the Moby but too small to really go in the Ergo on my back. The distribution of the weight and the ability to make it as loose or as tight as I wanted helped me get a fit that didn't cause my back trouble.

Wearing him on my front in the Ergo always killed my back... but I love that sorta structured thing for a back carry.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:31 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

yeah, you really need to give up on the moby. you may have good luck with a woven wrap. you can do a DIY woven, but there is something great about a specially woven fabric. we have the boba too and love it. it might be just that your back is still getting used to all the muscles it now needs? as long as you don't seriously injure yourself, it's probably better to keep wearing him as much as you can, because he's not going to get any lighter, and you're going to be needing to carry him a significant amount of time for another year at least. a carrier shouldn't be causing huge amounts of pain, but i do think a little discomfort and exhaustion are to be expected until you have time to build up more strength.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:43 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Tziporah is ONE today!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:36 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Happy Birthday Tziporah!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:39 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Happy birthday Tziporah!! Her shirt is so pretty, and the cupcakes look fantastic! (Did you have her party at a clothing store?)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:42 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

littlebird wrote:
it might be just that your back is still getting used to all the muscles it now needs?

That's what I think. I don't think I'm seriously injured, just using new muscles. I'm amazed at how sore my legs and butt get, too. I'm going to get really strong from wearing this kid.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:59 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Aww. That is such a cute picture of you and Tziporah! Happy Birthday Tziporah!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:02 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Happy 1st birthday Tzipporah!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2674 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 107  Next