| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: The Migraine Thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:02 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

Allergy tests reveal I don't have allergies, I just happen to have sinus Migraines in addition to Migraines. Whee? Actually, it's kind of a relief to narrow my major issues down.

Helpful links here later!

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

Post subject: Re: The Migraine Thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:18 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Migraine twinie! <3

Although I don't test positive for allergies I do have strong reactions to dust and mould, so keep it in mind before you ditch the allergy meds.

I have the worst sinus migraine atm, I feel like someone has poured petrol into my sinuses and set it on fire, bleugh!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:26 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I spent the first week of October with daily migraines.
I hope that never, ever happens again.

Hugs to the rest of you, and lavender pillows in quiet dark places, or whatever helps.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:38 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Yay!

The Migraine Thread has made it over to the new boards.

I need you guys- I can't seem to get anyone else to listen to me complain about my headaches.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:43 am 

fezza - I have undetectable levels of reaction to anything.

lutin - I sometimes get daily migraines - fezza gets them a lot/all the time :( Thanks for your well wishes!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:32 pm 

This page about topamax side effects is scary: http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.a ... me=TOPAMAX

I'm still at 25mg. Mild tingling and I'm TIRED still.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:56 am 

I think I'm going to stop at 25mg for now - I'll call the doc and ask her. no migraines in a few days (Knock on wood!!!) and i don't want to chance getting more tired, heaven forbid. i'm drag assing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:48 pm 
Saggy Butt

I hope you're still doing well on the 25 mg, appifanie. One of the things I liked about it was that I could increase the dose slowly and go by how I was feeling. I hope the tiredness goes away soon.

I've been having such intense head pain lately, I've pretty much just gone into hiding. I'm sending healing thoughts to all of you though.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:53 pm 

Hi paperweight! I upped to 50mg on ... Friday? I got a migraine today (I did last Sunday too - odd) but I'm getting my period, I didn't drink enough water today, it was hotter today than it had been and I had the windows open, I didn't take my allergy pill (given that my allergist said I don't HAVE allergies), etc. My zomig didn't help but I didn't do anything to help it - I was trying to finish painting a dresser outside in the blazing hot sun for the kid, so . . .

I'm sorry you're not feeling well :( Sometimes I feel like when I ahve the extra pain and I hide more that that in fact perpetuates the cycle somehow, but it's not like it's easy to get out of it. Feel better soon!!! <3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:00 pm 

Hope the tiredness eases soon appifanie xxx

I realised that my sinus migraine was because I had been cleaning mould and a dusty lampshade last week. I think I'll get a hazmat suit for future housework!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:16 am 

The exhaustion is gone, but it's migraine time! Ugh. I took a zomig, but it didn't help and I have to wait 24 hours before I take a maxalt because I can't mix them, blah blah blah.

Hazmat suit - good! I think I have a sinus migraine too. My doc told me not to take my sinus migraine meds, but she only gave me 2 of each medicine, so I may say fork her and go for it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:37 am 

fezza wrote:
Hope the tiredness eases soon appifanie xxx

I realised that my sinus migraine was because I had been cleaning mould and a dusty lampshade last week. I think I'll get a hazmat suit for future housework!

Seriously- I can not tell you how many times I have had cleaning products with strong fumes trigger a mirgaine.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:58 pm 

still ow. i took the sinus headache stuff earlier and had a hot shower, and then i took the 2nd maxalt and 2 excedrin. fork.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:49 pm 

It's gone! It's gone! *knock on wood* Thank heavens. I have to exercise, make Livi a birthday cake, clean the house and assemble a dollhouse tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:54 pm 

Yaayy! Hope it stays away.

You need to print all our photos off from the PPK user thread and stick them around the party room. It wouldn't be at all creepy.

Any strong smells trigger mine now Suzy, even some foodstuffs. It's probably this rancid old cat snoring & farting in my face all night that's doing it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:42 pm 

Ha! Cat fart triggered migraines. Guess I've got to get rid of the pug then ;)

Chemical smells kill me - pollution, perfume, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:04 am 
Tofu Pup

Hellooo!
Just stumbled across the thread... I have been suffering from migraines for almost 13 years and was diagnosed with an overgrowth of candida... Have been a year now on an anti candida diet (no yeast, refined flours, sugar and other fermented stuff) and have been on a nutritional programme with high quality vitamins. My progress has been slow but it is totally worth the effort as I only get migraines every 2 to 3 weeks compared to my daily quota!
Migraines have also been linked to acidity in the tummy and a lack of alkaline forming foods (although I doubt whether that is the case as I eat loads of veggies!!!)
Hope this helps!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:28 am 

fezza wrote:
Yaayy! Hope it stays away.

You need to print all our photos off from the PPK user thread and stick them around the party room. It wouldn't be at all creepy.

Any strong smells trigger mine now Suzy, even some foodstuffs. It's probably this rancid old cat snoring & farting in my face all night that's doing it.

Sigh. My rancid old cat snores and farts too (and we wont even talk about the litter box).

But what am I going to do?- he is also the only one who can comfort me when I am feeling my absolute worst (my two little girls are usually too busy destorying their catnip mousies and knocking over their water dishes.)

It's sort of a fair trade-off

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:15 pm 

pixie - that sounds really tough but i'm glad it seems to be helping!

suzy - no idea, sorry! ha.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:59 pm 
Naked Under Apron

I am so glad this thread is here! I went to bed with a headache, and then I woke up with one. My head has been throbbing all day. Everyone is saying it's a migraine, but I'm dubious. I've never had a migraine before.

Writing Praying Vegan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:08 pm 

SuzyHB wrote:
Sigh. My rancid old cat snores and farts too (and we wont even talk about the litter box).

But what am I going to do?- he is also the only one who can comfort me when I am feeling my absolute worst (my two little girls are usually too busy destorying their catnip mousies and knocking over their water dishes.)

It's sort of a fair trade-off

We're prisoners to our own hearts aren't we Suzy. Mr Angus decided that drooling all over my mac wasn't enough tonight he shook his head a couple more times and eventually managed to get me right on my temple. My migraine side, he swears it's a cure but I don't think I believe him.

I'm hoping to get out over the next couple of days and get ingredients for some high cruciferous soup as recommend by Dr Joel wassisface. I'll be on the flatulence thread by the weekend.

I need to try to go gluten/wheat/yeast free but I don't have the energy atm to prepare much food and there's very little in the way of prepared meals like that here. I think I need to make a couple of bit batches in the slowcooker for the freezer for dinners & figure out breakfasts & lunches.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:08 pm 

fezza wrote:
I need to try to go gluten/wheat/yeast free but I don't have the energy atm to prepare much food and there's very little in the way of prepared meals like that here. I think I need to make a couple of bit batches in the slowcooker for the freezer for dinners & figure out breakfasts & lunches.

I am trying too even though the very thought of it makes me sad.

Try as I might I don't think I will ever love kale as much as I loved bagels. I don't know that I can really do ETL the best I can hope for is some type of gluten-free McDougall variation.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:22 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

I used to have awful migraines and sleep problems. Now I don't anymore. I just posted this link on the Ambian thread, but you should all check it out too. Neurofeedback works wonders for migraines! Give it a try, you'll love how you feel!
http://sierraeeg.com/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:49 pm 
stop: can't. won't. don't.

maxalt and hot yoga are keeping me headache-free more often than not these days.
all hail.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:20 am 

calcuhater wrote:
maxalt and hot yoga are keeping me headache-free more often than not these days.
all hail.

heat gives me migraines. (so get the fork lost already summer!)

the topamax is doing a pretty good job most days - i'll realize that i haven't had enough water, i'm a little hungry, etc - and my head won't hurt. but adding in a few other things - like the period - killed me. the maxalt didn't do a thing for me, so to zomig I go.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next