| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:09 am 
WRETCHED

Hi all,

I thought we had a thread but I had been doing bad for a while so hadn't checked in. How is everyone doing? What are you following?

I've just been trying to eat well in controlled portions. I've been using Cinch! as a general guideline which I like because it seems balanced to me. Yesterday I wore a pair of pants I haven't dared try on for weeks.

My recent struggle was my husband brought home a couple bagels friday from work. I kept staring at them and sighed with relief when he ate the second one last night. Instead of a bagel, I had a piece of ezekiel bread with hummus as a snack and because I was actually hungry.

Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:16 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Ohhh, I wanna play! Last week, I rejoined Weight Watchers (I lost 40 pounds before having my daughter using the program). I lost just over 4 1/2 lbs this week. I don't expect to see results like that every week, but it was nice to see the scale numbers start to go down!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:16 am 

PS, congrats on both the pants victory and not eating the bagel!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:31 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

not eating bagels is hard! i know this. great job to both of you!

i'm 138/139 which i haven't been since i was like 3 months pregnant (my daughter is 4 1/4). this is amazing. it's mostly due to the flu, but whatever, i'll take it! so that's down 40 pounds from highest pregnancy weight and down 12-15 from where i was stuck for a long time.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:54 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

I've put on 6lbs! It's winter, my ME is always worse in winter and I'm eating out of boredom/being stuck in the house gives me more time to eat. It has to stop!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:51 am 
Keepin' It Seal

I'm still on Weight Watchers. I had a really great week and went down 4 lbs! Crazy! I made a fabulous playlist of songs that make me want to move, so I've been listening to that while I go for walks. Down 18 lbs total so far since I started officially at WW. I lost more before that, but I wasn't weighing myself.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:36 pm 

Woot woot!!! Good job joyful!!!! You should feel really proud!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:51 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Hey, Joyfulgirl, what's on your playlist?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:26 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I've been fairly gung-ho (for me), as I went from zero movement to walking for 30-35 minutes outdoors for 3 consecutive weeks, no days not walking. I've now realized I need one "recovery" day, because even with just walking, some of the terrain is challenging and my smuscles need a break once in a while. I also joined a "TOPS" club and I LOVE it! It's not all old people, yay! *lol* I thought it would be beofre I joined, but now I wish I had joined ages ago, it's so fun and motivating and the members are so supportive. Plus, the handbook mentions vegetarianism within like the first ten pages of a hundred + page book, fabulous!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:53 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I'm officially down 10 pounds as of last week! I've been doing WWs. This week was kind of weird with being really busy and having a lot of friends around/in town, so I sort of took a break and just focused on maintaining. I thought of it as a reward for hitting a milestone, and took some time to focus on what I need to do during my week to make time for the gym, a proper dinner, etc. I'm ready to get back into it fully now though.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:49 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I'm down 9 pounds in the last few weeks which feels awesome after struggling to lose even a pound for months! (medication issues) The hardest part is trying to keep off the carbs and eat healthy on my days at home. I'm doing a bit of a pantry cleanout and trying not to buy groceries while I pay off some bills which means that there is very limited fresh produce.
Congratulations everyone!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:16 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I've been doing EA Sports on Wii for a while and I haven't lost any weight yet. I would be discouraged, but I can tell a difference in tone and some clothes fit again. My struggle is eating too much and too fast. I've been following the Weight Watchers thread and I'm kind of interested, yet I'm cheap, so I don't want to spend the money.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:43 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Wow! Good job, everyone!

I've been focusing on making smart choices...trying to avoid pre-packaged foods and going with whole foods instead as much as I can, and drinking lots of water! I'm also working on not beating myself up if I go off track...sometimes I do need pancakes for breakfast, and that is okay. I have also been working on getting 1 hour of working out into each day, even if it is something fun, like going dancing, or doing the elliptical with my girlfriends for a gossip session. I feel so much better already!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:47 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

i wanna play, but i have no scales, so i can't tell if all this healthy eating and exercise is paying off or not :( my jeans still don't fit though...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:48 pm 
Semen Strong

I am seeing an acupuncturist for my PCOS issues, and I've lost 7 lbs in 2 weeks, without trying much at all - I try and eat a macrobiotic diet high on small beans, greens, brown rice, no fried foods etc, but have still baked banana bread and other treats. I'm definitely feeling better, and also trying to get re-excited about working out.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:50 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I'm trying to lose weight too! I was quite discouraged last week when the scale went up by 4 pounds after I had done perfectly with my diet and worked out every day. I think it has to do with water weight. Since I got off the pill 3 months ago, my body weight fluctuates likes crazy, I'm talking 5 or 6 pounds from one day to the next. So, I've decided to only weigh myself once a month, right after my period since this seems to be the time when I go back down to my "normal" weight. It's hard to not be tempted by the scale though, eeerrrg. As of right now I *think* I've lost about 3 pounds since getting serious.

So what I'm basically doing is counting calories and working out. I eat about 16-1700 calories a day, and I have a "cheat" day once a week. I have about 15 pounds to lose hopefully by the summer.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:36 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

We were out of control for a while and finally got our act together (eating too much crepe & drinking every night). We've been eating the Mcdougall way, whole foods, no fat for the past few weeks. I've already lost 4 pounds which is a lot for me as I don't have that much to lose. Mr Von has lost over 18 pounds. We also started working out again. We are feeling a whole lot better.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:43 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

blizzful wrote:
Hey, Joyfulgirl, what's on your playlist?

It's mostly pop stuff--new and old. I've got the Black Eyed Peas, madonna, Salt N Pepa, Beck, etc. I also downloaded some of the songs they have on just dance 1 and 2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:55 pm 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

I'm back to work, which means I spend hours standing, dashing, and talking, instead of sitting on the couch, eating chips and watching Netflix. I feel like I'm struggling to get enough to eat, actually. My legs hurt really bad from all the standing but once I rebuild those retail muscles I plan to get back into daily jogs. I also want to work on packing healthy snacks and lunches for my breaks.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:07 pm 
Impressive boner

I've lost about 6lbs in weight but feel like it's more - I've been going to the gym more regularly as I'm training for my first ever 5k. Next week I'll be rejoining Slimming World and continuing with the exercise. I wish I could afford to go to a personal trainer, I love a good beasting!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:00 pm 
Inflexitarian

Well before last weekend I was down almost 10, but I've gained that back and then some in bloat from some ovarian cysts. That plus stress and hormonal issues is making me want to eat constantly. And I bought girl scout cookies. Oy.
I plan on getting back on the wagon this week, as it's a super busy week this one and next so it will keep me away from home and the temptation to eat the entire pantry in one sitting.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:14 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I put on a whooole lot of weight over the Christmas break, but now uni is back and I've joined a dragon boating team and planned out lots of healthy meals/snacks to take to uni with me. (I bought Appetite for Reduction too!) No idea how much I weigh - I don't own a pair of scales - but I feel much better. I think in a few days' time I'm going to get my favourite pair of jeans out and see if they fit again...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:00 pm 
Tofu Pup

Please count me in. What is "Cinch!"? ...in the meantime I'll google it.

I am starting a plant-based way of eating tomorrow and would like some kind of plan to follow. I'm looking into several.

Glad I found you.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:01 pm 
Tofu Pup

Morgyn I bought Appetite for Reduction too. It is just wonderful.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:03 pm 
Tofu Pup

I found the Cinch book on amazon and saw a recipe for shrimp. Is there any talk of a plant-based diet in the book? I'm done with seafood. Thanks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 145  Next