| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Body Positivity thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:52 am 
Can ride a bike, drink a Blue Sky, and eat some Stonewall's all the same time (bad ass)

I love this, thanks boober!

I like my shape. I have an A-line shape where I have a small-ish bust and my body gets wider down my hips. I get to pick out cute dresses that compliment my figure.

I like my petite hands and feet.

I like my smile. I have my mom's smile.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:01 pm 
Cranky

I like the difference between my skinny ankles and my strong, muscular calves.

I have cute feet! Not too small, with high arches and long toes. Yes.

I have an excellently crooked smile.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:13 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

This is a great idea. Where to start?

I love my hair, so thankful for natural curls. I don't have to style it at all- leave in conditioner and I'm done.

I love my smile and dimples, even the chipped tooth I don't remember chipping.

I love my super awesome calves and am starting to love my thighs, which is a huge deal for me.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:10 am 
Saggy Butt

Location: A little cabin in the woods of the Willamette Valley
i don't think i could have done this five years ago but it's something i've been working through (roller derby was a big help for me beginning to love my body)
soooo today i love

my boobs i was one of those girls who developed over a summer and spent all of high school hiding in baggy nirvana t-shirts. there was just so much... i don't know fear associated with being so va-va-voom curvy and i'm glad that i've been able to work through that

i love my skin. i had terrible acne growing up so whenever people ask what my "secret" is i beam a little (sunscreen, rose water and lots of whole foods)

i love my legs. they're hella long, and strong.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:35 am 
Nailed to the V

I thought of more...

I like my fingers. They are cute and slender.
I like my hair. Sometimes I'm disappointed with how it looks, but I really do love the straightness and smoothness of it. Also, I have a hidden birthmark on my scalp that I can feel which I think is awesome.
I like my stretch marks. I was always so embarrassed that I had them but I am beginning to think it's pretty cool how my body has had to adjust to my growing and changing over all my years.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:42 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I like my hands, for the same reasons as boober. I had a few years where there was nerve damage which prevented me from using them, and now I can use them again and it's amazing. I will never take them for granted again.

I like my eyes, which are blue and awesome. I have really low eyesight, which I used to be really upset and anxious about in life, but I've come to accept it as just one of the unique quirks of my body that really doesn't interfere with my life nearly as much as some of the other "unique quirks".

I like my genitalia. I'm not supposed to, because I'm trans and have not had genital surgery, so I'm supposed to hate that part of my body and desperately want to change it into something else. Nope. I love the parts I've got. They work just fine and provide me with plenty of orgasms. Sometimes I wish I could magically switch back and forth between a penis set and a vulva set, but since I only get one or the other, I'm pretty thrilled with what I've got and wouldn't trade it for the world.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:34 pm 
Like Anal, But Backwards

I like my teeth. I've never had to have any fillings and I've never broken any teeth.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:50 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

I've struggled with ED and body dysmorphia since I was...7 I think. I have been feeling so much better in the pasty year and I've started really liking the way I look, which I never thought would happen. It's improved my quality of life sooo much. Anyway:

I like my eyes. They're the same almond shape as my dad's were. They're blue green, and they change colors whenever I wear green or blue to match whatever I'm wearing. Fun!
I like being small. I thought I was enormous for so long, and suddenly I realized that I'm actually a bit petite, which makes me more comfortable.
I like that I have a long torso, like all the women on my mom's side of my family.
I like my breasts. They're pretty small, but they're round and have cute little nipples.
And I like my face. I like my cheek bones, my strong jawline, my lips, and, bit by bit, even my big nose.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:27 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Oh this is a great thread.

I too like my hands, 'cause they're long and slender. My parents joke sometimes that they bought the piano because when I was born I had these superlong, thin hands. I can't play piano to save my life, but I do still have those fingers.

I like my feet. I'm actually a bit feet-cocky, I've never seen better feet. They're long without being huge and the toes make a perfect diagonal line. Plus they're white and pale, which I love.

I like my boobs. I have insane stretch marks, but I don't mind them on my boobs. I like the size, I like the shape... this is sounding creepy, but what I mean is, I, as a lesbian, can very much appreciate a good pair of boobs, and I think mine are just that.

This was fun, even though I had to stop myself from adding "except for..." each time. Shut up negative head.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:11 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

choirqueer wrote:
I like my genitalia. I'm not supposed to, because I'm trans and have not had genital surgery, so I'm supposed to hate that part of my body and desperately want to change it into something else. Nope. I love the parts I've got. They work just fine and provide me with plenty of orgasms. Sometimes I wish I could magically switch back and forth between a penis set and a vulva set, but since I only get one or the other, I'm pretty thrilled with what I've got and wouldn't trade it for the world.

This was so inspiring to me to read. I've struggled for a long, long time with feeling at all good about my genitalia--worrying that they're ugly or abnormal or whatever--and I don't even have the added level of ever wanting to switch to a different set. I like reading this kind of pro-genital attitude. Thanks!

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:16 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

DarthCupcake wrote:
choirqueer wrote:

This was so inspiring to me to read. I've struggled for a long, long time with feeling at all good about my genitalia--worrying that they're ugly or abnormal or whatever--and I don't even have the added level of ever wanting to switch to a different set. I like reading this kind of pro-genital attitude. Thanks!

Exactly.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

1. I love my eyes. I love the shade of blue they are and I like that they're expressive.

2. I love the curve out from my waist to my hips. Even if I struggle with my tummy and my hips themselves, i really really like that curve. (Part of that comes from my ex constantly telling me how much he liked it)

3. I like my mouth. It's all sensual.

4. I like how my hair can be blonde with brown shades and hints of red if the sun hits it right.

5. I like how powerful my hands are.

...I will think of more later. (Thank you for this thread, I have a lot of body image issues and I appreciate the reminders to remember what I like about my body)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:22 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

i used to hate my body, so i think this is cute! :D

- i like my face. i have big expressive eyes and high cheekbones and full lips. i don't even bother putting makeup on it any more.
- i like my strong legs. they get me everywhere and they look nice in short skirts!
- and i especially like my butt.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:11 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Awesome thread!

My blue eyes. I think they are so pretty, like the ocean.
My nose because it is a perfect combination of my mom and dad's noses.
My freckles. I don't know many people who have them, so I think it's unique and sort of kid-like.
My hair. It's shiny, thick, and healthy.
The whole area where my shoulders and chest are. I have petite shoulders, and a nicely defined collar area. I also really like my breasts.
The way my waist is a whole size smaller than my hips and butt. And my butt looks awesome in jeans!
My feet. They are a good size, slender, and look nice when I paint my toenails.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:16 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

I don't even need a list. 98% of the time when I look in the mirror I think I look I smoking. The other 2% I just need more chocolate.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:59 am 
Chip Strong

I really like the mole on my waist/ hip. I don't believe it's a mole though- my mum always called it a beauty spot!

I like my hair. People always remark on how long it is and in summer it gets reddish glints.

I like my pinkie fingers. They're slender and slightly bent with one delicate knuckle and one funny sticky-out one.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:24 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

DTBK - I love what you said about your eyes that can get you into trouble. Mine tend to do that too. But I love them.
I also like my feet - my toes are exactly like the toes of a Greek statue, with the second toe longer than the big toe.
And I have the best belly button. I'd never have it pierced.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:51 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

I like my eyes- I have really good sight! I like my hands and how they move. I like my feet because they aren't as clunky as I once thought, and I like pointing them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:56 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I like my very large breast. I used to hide them and feel like I was abnormal because I got teased a lot about them when I was young. My mom kept trying to talk me into breast reduction surgery. Now, I would never dream about it! I discovered the best bra store ever, that while expensive, the women that work there do an amazing job of fitting you and listening to you and I feel happy and excited everytime I go there. Now, I feel excited when I pick out which cute bra to wear in the morning and I am proud of my breast.

I also love they way my legs look when I wear a skirt. I will steal glimpses of them when I walk past window and I no longer care I other people notice I'm doing it! In fact I did I watched them in a window on my way to work today! I had bright pink tights on and they looked awesome.

I like the way I look when I smile. My cheeks go all cute and round and I have good teeth I like to show off.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:55 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

crepe it took me 3 days to think of 3 things! This is obviously something I need to do some more work on!

I like my breasts.

I like my long hair.

I like my piercings.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:08 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Yesterday at work, one of my (super hot) coworkers was explaining how she does workout videos in her underwear for extra "motivation" (motivation apparently = self hate). I responded, "yeah, I can't do that because it's too distracting--I'm like 'dayum, I be lookin' GOOD!" and then I forget about working out so I have to work out fully clothed." I think women don't hear other women bragging on themselves enough, so I'm personally taking it upon myself to make positive comments about how I look out loud whenever I hear somebody body bashing :).

Anyway:

I like my muscle structure. I put on muscle pretty easily and I love that my muscles are visible when I move--I like looking strong.
I like my little estrogen chub-pillow on my low abs.
I like that I'm short and curvy. I used to hate being small (5'1"), but I'm exactly the same height as all the women on my dad's side and pants are never too short for me.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:03 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Pop! wrote:
Yesterday at work, one of my (super hot) coworkers was explaining how she does workout videos in her underwear for extra "motivation" (motivation apparently = self hate). I responded, "yeah, I can't do that because it's too distracting--I'm like 'dayum, I be lookin' GOOD!" and then I forget about working out so I have to work out fully clothed." I think women don't hear other women bragging on themselves enough, so I'm personally taking it upon myself to make positive comments about how I look out loud whenever I hear somebody body bashing :).

Anyway:

I like my muscle structure. I put on muscle pretty easily and I love that my muscles are visible when I move--I like looking strong.
I like my little estrogen chub-pillow on my low abs.
I like that I'm short and curvy. I used to hate being small (5'1"), but I'm exactly the same height as all the women on my dad's side and pants are never too short for me.

Hahah! Thank you for standing up for self-love. <3

I actually work out in my underwear and it is fun.
I like my face. That's a big thing for me.
I like my teeth. They'll never be "perfect" but I like that I've put so much work into them and it is paying off.
I like my belly. It used to be "perfect" but after I had my daughter it has been much more aligned with my interests.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:56 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Today I realized that even though I'm not at my most fit, my legs are looking strong and I like looking at them. My calves in particular are looking extra badass at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:22 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Aww! Thanks y'all! I had totally forgotten I posted in this thread. <3

You know what else I like? I like my ears. I particularly like that I can wiggle them! When I was a kid, someone told me that if you aren't born able to wiggle your ears, it's not something you can just learn to do later in life, and I decided that was crepe and that I was going to stand in front of the mirror all day if I had to but I was going to learn to wiggle my ears. Now I can wiggle my ears. I did the same thing with being able to raise my eyebrows independently of each other. How awesome is that? It's kind of hard to wiggle my ears and alternate eyebrows at the same time, but I bet I could do it if I practiced.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:32 pm 
Saggy Butt

I love this!

I love my big buff arms. They've gotten really toned from all the heavy lifting at the farm. I should take pictures and show them off. They're all tan now too -- bonus.

I love the silver in my hair. And the white eyelashes I get.

I'm quite fond of my boobies, even though they are small. They're perky and fun!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 2:29 pm 
Impressive boner

I love my biceps. They're pretty big and I enjoy being silly with them doing 'Why, could your ball be down there' or 'The beach is that way' poses.

I love my legs and bottom. They've always been muscular and curvy and I've learned to love them since re-learning to roller skate.

I love my face when I pull silly expressions. It makes me laugh.

Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next