| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3621 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:44 am 
Tofu Pup

Been pretty okay for me this winter . Lost 2 kilograms and i'm 56 kg's now . Hopefully things turn out to pretty much the same the entire year and I've turned vegan too :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:41 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I lost 15 lbs over the summer, kept it off and lost a bit more but not quite 20. I finally kicked those last few a week before Valentine's Day but they came back shortly after. I slipped up on my eating and missed some weekend hiking due to weather and didn't make up for it with indoor exercise. I'm just getting back on track, working to get rid of those and just keep going toward my goal (50 lb). I walk my dog twice a day for 45 minutes or more each day, Wii Sports Active at least 5 days a week, and hiking on Saturdays. I got new running shoes today so I'm ready to wear them out.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:32 am 
Baking In The Flavor

Does anyone have any advice on getting out of that "I'll start tomorrow" rut (or worse, and my usual- "I'll start again next week!")? Everytime I slip up I think this and then I end up not just eating a bit too much but completely gorging myself because I'm thinking that it'll be my last chance to do it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:48 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

eryn wrote:
Does anyone have any advice on getting out of that "I'll start tomorrow" rut (or worse, and my usual- "I'll start again next week!")? Everytime I slip up I think this and then I end up not just eating a bit too much but completely gorging myself because I'm thinking that it'll be my last chance to do it.

planning usually helps me bust out of a rut. if I write up a meal plan for the week full of awesome food, then I'll be excited to wake up and follow it all day. same with exercise; I usually write myself up a month of workouts, and when I plan to have two rest days in a week, then I'll go do what I have planned even if I don't really want to knowing that I'll have a day off just around the corner. it always seems a lot less daunting when I can see what I have ahead of me for the next few days, weeks, etc.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:53 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Alright, I joined SparkPeople a while back and tracked my calories for a week (did really well!), but I stopped pretty quickly. I'm starting back again this week. It was easy to do and it doesn't honestly take that long. I just entered a few AFR recipes I know I'll be doing. I'm ready!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:33 pm 
Nailed to the V

I keep losing and gaining the same 2 pounds. I need a swift kick to the asparagus!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:59 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I'm doing really well. I'm doing Weight Watchers, gave up sugar (for the most part; I still have the occasional energy drink), and as of about two weeks ago, and pharma-free. Yikes? I tapered off one of my anti-d's, and just never refilled the other one, or my birth control pills. So far, so good. That alone should give me a boost in the loss.

Since I started five weeks ago, I'm down 24 pounds. I have a lot to lose, so the first month is usually that drastic. Trust me, I'm eating.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:07 pm 
Nailed to the V

sugarcookie wrote:
I'm doing really well. I'm doing Weight Watchers, gave up sugar (for the most part; I still have the occasional energy drink), and as of about two weeks ago, and pharma-free. Yikes? I tapered off one of my anti-d's, and just never refilled the other one, or my birth control pills. So far, so good. That alone should give me a boost in the loss.

Since I started five weeks ago, I'm down 24 pounds. I have a lot to lose, so the first month is usually that drastic. Trust me, I'm eating.

Oh wow! Good for you!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:40 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I'm back to eating a lot of sweets, and not just the 2 WW points snacks like a pudding cup or So Delicious fudge bar. It isn't always detrimental, but I really need to cut back. The problem is that I'm doing pie testing now, and while that alone isn't a big deal I have issues saying no to other things now; because obviously if I let myself have one thing I have to let myself have everything. Ideally, I would like to just say no dessert but some pie for the next few months.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:57 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

Steffers! wrote:
I keep losing and gaining the same 2 pounds. I need a swift kick to the asparagus!

ME too! After a week of careful eating and plentiful working out, I gained the 2 pounds I lost. Hope it's muscle...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:44 pm 
Nailed to the V

thisheregiraffe wrote:
Steffers! wrote:

ME too! After a week of careful eating and plentiful working out, I gained the 2 pounds I lost. Hope it's muscle...

<3 It totally is!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:23 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I was doing well, until I got the Flu. It knocked me down and I haven't gotten back up yet. And now I'm in the middle of a kitchen remodel. Which means my house is a mess and my exercise area is full of boxes. And I've been eating frozen meals, tofurky sandwiches, lots of soup, and bad for you snacks!

BUT, I have prepared myself to start anew once the kitchen is done. Back to morning workouts and green smoothies for breakfast. I am also joining my local CSA and have vowed to eat everything that gets delivered to me!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:32 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

Maintained 3 weeks in a row. Blahh. I am helpless against donuts.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:39 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Nebraskalaska, feel free to send me some of the pie you're testing.

I was at a party on the weekend and was by far the heaviest gal there. It made me feel crappy while I let it but then I just strengthened my resolve to get healthier and lose at least the rest of this baby weight, and soon! Lost a pound in the last week, so there's that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:27 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

sneakers wrote:
Nebraskalaska, feel free to send me some of the pie you're testing.

I was at a party on the weekend and was by far the heaviest gal there. It made me feel crappy while I let it but then I just strengthened my resolve to get healthier and lose at least the rest of this baby weight, and soon! Lost a pound in the last week, so there's that.

I need more pie eaters damnit! I'm fine with having one or two pieces, and the boyfriend will have a few pieces, and we'll give one piece to the vegan kid who works at the market near our place. After that we're still left with half a pie, and Alex feels weird about eating anything more than 3 days old, and I hate wasting food so I just wind up eating it. So I am now accepting resumes for pie eaters.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:17 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

I'm really discouraged right now, it's lame to not see any results after working really hard. booooo.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:31 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

So my weight is finally back down to normal thank goodness! I hate always thinking that water weight is actual weight. It seriously messes with my head every single month!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:36 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Mic check, one two, one two. It's time for my third annual GF, low-sugar Lent experiment. Last year it wasn't much about weight loss, but this year i've gained seven pounds of dead dog sadness, and that shiitake needs to go. I'm not buying bigger pants. Also, I bought two super cute dresses at the thrift store and they *almost* fit but don't look good on me. One buttons up the front and my tits make it look stupid if I button the last button, and the other is this super cute dress with bunnies all over it that zips up. Most of the way.

And if you're wondering why I bought two ill-fitting dresses in the first place, I didn't try them on because the place was packed, there was a line for the dressing rooms, and they were $6 each!

So anyway, i'm actually looking forwards to lots of beans/tofu/tempeh and rice meals.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:29 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

thisheregiraffe wrote:
I'm really discouraged right now, it's lame to not see any results after working really hard. booooo.

If you are working out, is it possible that you are gaining muscle instead of losing weight? This is why I hate just trying to go by a number on the scale - if you change your diet but you also change your lifestyle / exercise routine, you are likely to not see as much change - at least not right away! - as you would like. Keep fighting the good fight!

mrsbadmouth, I also have two dresses that kind of but not really fit. My excuse is that I ordered them online so obviously couldn't try them on first. Whatever, we'll make it happen.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:28 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I can fit into my favourite skate shorts again! It's been almost two years since I could last do them up. The gym membership is totally worth it just because of the money I'll be saving not buying new clothes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:07 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

i'm down to 136.6! i haven't been that low since I was like...2-3 months pregnant. woo! about 13 lbs to go. i was a 14 (okay, i prolly should have been a 16, but i refused to buy them) and now 12s are loose and i can get some 10s on. actually, i'm going to try on all my pants again later today to see how that's going.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:16 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

appifanie wrote:
i'm down to 136.6! i haven't been that low since I was like...2-3 months pregnant. woo! about 13 lbs to go. i was a 14 (okay, i prolly should have been a 16, but i refused to buy them) and now 12s are loose and i can get some 10s on. actually, i'm going to try on all my pants again later today to see how that's going.

Wow, that is awesome! Good for you! Happy size 10 day :o)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:48 am 

Thanks! 8s are the goal. 6s would be nice, but it's been 14 years since the land of 6s, so I won't be too disappointed :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:15 am 

MY FAVORITE PANTS FIT! They're American Eagle slim fitting cargos, size 10. I have 2 other size 10s that fit and 1 size 10 that requires me to lie down to button and zip them.

bisqueing.

Also, this would seem to indicate that my 12s and 14s are fall off huge. They aren't. What's with that?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:26 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

appifanie wrote:
MY FAVORITE PANTS FIT! They're American Eagle slim fitting cargos, size 10. I have 2 other size 10s that fit and 1 size 10 that requires me to lie down to button and zip them.

bisqueing.

Also, this would seem to indicate that my 12s and 14s are fall off huge. They aren't. What's with that?

Do they have elastane in them? It could be allowing them to shrink back in. Some of my jeans still fit (although a little lose) even though I've lost 20lbs.

I'm 2lbs down this week, wasn't really trying, ate a little less junk and was a little more active. I think some of it might have been fluid retention from that really bad period I had. I'm determined to get down to 9st for my birthday in July, 8 1/2 if these migraines sod off.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3621 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 145  Next