| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SoCal - homes needed for rescue cats (urgent)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:19 pm 
Nailed to the V

I received the following through the LA Animal Rights Meetup email list. Click through to the link for pictures. These kitties need permanent or foster homes by tomorrow or they will be put down.

Text of email

I have a friend who is a veterinarian working at a military base, and things have taken a turn for the worse for the animals there. Here is a partial report from her:

The new captain and/or major have decided to start euthanizing the animals that have been there for more than 14 days. They are all young, healthy, spayed/neutered animals, two are kittens and 5 are young adult cats. There is one dog left that still needs to "get out", and there are two cats and 3 8-week old kittens in the next group (in 2 weeks). I am working on other approaches, but barring action from higher up the "chain of command", I need to get them out of here Thursday night. Can you think of any options, or do you know anybody that can help us out? You can see them here: http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?shelter_id=CA739

Please, if you can manage to foster one or more, or even better, adopt, contact Lori Gutzman at (805)896-7500.