| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: What is least organized in your home?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:49 am 
So Totally Yiffy

Everything. I moved in with my boyfriend to the house he grew up in. Too bad his mother left all of her furniture, and dishes, and boxes of who knows what else.

Also I live with three 20 something guys who play xbox every chance they get and never clean. Granted, I play with them, but that's another issue entirely.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:52 am 
Chip Strong

Everything, but especially the kitchen and the hall closet. For the record, I have nothing in the hall closet except for two small, neatly-packed file boxes and a suitcase. My roommate has everything he has ever purchased and grown tired of in his entire lifetime in there. Also my roommate does not believe in:
1. Throwing anything away OR giving them to the goodwill even if the thing in question is a broken microwave
2. Putting anything in any particular place, ever.
I did recently label my spices and put them in a shoebox. That made me happy.

Post subject: from least to "most" organized
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:54 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I've always thought of myself as tidy, but moving in with someone whose level of self-care is roughly equivalent to that of a 12-year-old boy that drinks beer by the case caused things to go south rather quickly.

1. BASEMENT (where most everything I have ever owned lives, all my school papers and drawings and report cards from childhood, probably 25 or 30 boxes of shiitake that all need to be shredded)
2. boyfriend's bedroom, dear god
3. guest bedroom (the home of my record collection, my books, and everything that fits under the the "throw it in there and shut the door, quickly, quickly now!" category)
4. my closet
5. Tupperware section of the kitchen

I just moved into a house after living in apartments for nearly 20 years, so I'm giving myself a pass on organizing everything for at least another 6-9 months. Our pantry, however, is immaculate.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:01 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

my place is small, and I don't have enough storage for my clothes, basically everything I wear stays in a laundry basket in my living room. The clothes in my closet are mostly stuff I never wear. I never invite anyone over so no one sees what a slob I am!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:02 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

The garage! My husband is a packrat.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:15 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Imitation Of Chris wrote:
Everything, but especially the kitchen and the hall closet. For the record, I have nothing in the hall closet except for two small, neatly-packed file boxes and a suitcase. My roommate has everything he has ever purchased and grown tired of in his entire lifetime in there. Also my roommate does not believe in:
1. Throwing anything away OR giving them to the goodwill even if the thing in question is a broken microwave
2. Putting anything in any particular place, ever.
I did recently label my spices and put them in a shoebox. That made me happy.

Chris, are you sure you're not accidentally living with Mike?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:20 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

my closet and my bathroom. I share these things with my partner, so there is twice as much clutter. We have to clean out the closet every other week because we loose too many things/clothes/socks, and chances are they are in the closet. The cabinets in the bathroom (especially under the sink) have no structure. I usually end up throwing whatever is on the counter under the sink without even looking.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:14 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

-My closet is a jumbly mess. It's in another room, so I half forget about it.
-The area below the kitchen sink. We just toss stuff in.
-The rest of the kitchen is pretty well organized, except I have these bins that miscellaneous ingredients live. They're pretty insane.
-The worst is the living room. I have stacks of boxes. Some are filled with clothes and other stuff to donate. Some have old notebooks from college and high school that I need to toss. There's a bunch of pictures I need to scan (but I don't have a scanner). And I just cleaned out my room, so all the random crepe is sitting on the floor in the living room too. I'm sure my roommate hates it.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:05 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

My SO's closet. He literally just throws stuff in there and it looks like a big avalanche of crepe belching out of this open doorway and onto our bedroom floor with one or two formal outfits hanging forlornly on hangers. The closet door gets jammed open because of all the stuff and blocks the bedroom door. I've bent fingernails casually pushing into the bedroom door while walking through the doorway only to find the door is suddenly a brick wall. Also, I walk into the doorknob a lot. He cleans it out about twice a year and it's like Christmas for me because I find socks, bras, and other items of clothing that I had forgotten about. The rest of time when he 'cleans' it he just restacks the shiitake so he can close the closet door. Fixed!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:50 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
My SO's closet. He literally just throws stuff in there and it looks like a big avalanche of crepe belching out of this open doorway and onto our bedroom floor with one or two formal outfits hanging forlornly on hangers. The closet door gets jammed open because of all the stuff and blocks the bedroom door. I've bent fingernails casually pushing into the bedroom door while walking through the doorway only to find the door is suddenly a brick wall. Also, I walk into the doorknob a lot. He cleans it out about twice a year and it's like Christmas for me because I find socks, bras, and other items of clothing that I had forgotten about. The rest of time when he 'cleans' it he just restacks the shiitake so he can close the closet door. Fixed!

Yeeah, this (but with me, too)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:02 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Besides everything, probably the kitchen because it gets used the most. Sometimes I just want to throw everything out, get a smaller house, and never buy anything again. I hate clutter, but I get so overwhelmed by all the stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:24 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

Nope. I lied. It's the music folder on my computer. It's a toooooootal disaster. Organizing that sucker is on my '30 before 30' list. I only have a year and 3 months left. It might take me that long.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:09 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Under my desk I store clothes I've been meaning to get rid of since February, and behind the door when it's open I have shelves with baskets of stuff I need to sort out. My strategy is generally kind of like that, just putting the unorganised stuff all in one place to work out later.