| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 144  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:23 pm 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

appifanie wrote:
MY FAVORITE PANTS FIT! They're American Eagle slim fitting cargos, size 10. I have 2 other size 10s that fit and 1 size 10 that requires me to lie down to button and zip them.

bisqueing.

Also, this would seem to indicate that my 12s and 14s are fall off huge. They aren't. What's with that?

Are the ones that aren't fall off huge the same as the size 10's? I remember reading something a few years back on how vast the difference was on clothing that was supposed to be the same size, yet since they were all different brands, there was no commonality. Like a size 10 in one brand was equivalent to a size 6 or 8 in another. Just another way the fashion world likes to fork with us.

Congrats on your loss, though. That's fantastic.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:23 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

That's a good point gaia13. I've been a size 16 for ages but I've never been able to get into what H&M claim is a size 16.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:35 pm 
Ninja Master

jojo wrote:
That's a good point gaia13. I've been a size 16 for ages but I've never been able to get into what H&M claim is a size 16.

yeah same here, h&m run really small.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:08 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

baps wrote:
jojo wrote:

Yeah I've measured their clothes with a tape measure before & they are nowhere near the correct sizes especially their skirts & trousers.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:06 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I really hate that. My pants are all kinds of sizes, 10, 8, and 6. Different brands. So annoying! When I am in a new store and grab some pants to try on I never know what size to start with!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:10 am 
Ninja Master

jojo wrote:
baps wrote:
jojo wrote:

Yeah I've measured their clothes with a tape measure before & they are nowhere near the correct sizes especially their skirts & trousers.

I do have a pair of shorts that I bought in their sale that fit me fine, but yeah, everything else fitted, like skirts and trousers, in there have never fitted.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:41 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I track my calories on http://www.sparkpeople.com and I exercise about 5 days a week, 4 days 30 mins of cardio and one day 15-20 of strength training. (I have fibro, this is a huge deal for me! yay!) I also do physical therapy twice a week which will hopefully help me increase my exercise without dying. :D

I've lost 56 lbs. Most of it since October 19th 2010. I've gone from 299 lbs to 243 lbs.

I post about my weight loss journey on my blog. (Link in sig) and I have some gluten free/vegan recipes there as well.

Any of you on spark? If you are, add me as a friend! Alicia0099

http://www.beyondwillpower.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyond-Willpower-Vegan-Weight-Loss-Journey-Blog/145691962154879 <<< Feel free to "like"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:03 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

gaia13 wrote:
appifanie wrote:
MY FAVORITE PANTS FIT! They're American Eagle slim fitting cargos, size 10. I have 2 other size 10s that fit and 1 size 10 that requires me to lie down to button and zip them.

bisqueing.

Also, this would seem to indicate that my 12s and 14s are fall off huge. They aren't. What's with that?

Are the ones that aren't fall off huge the same as the size 10's? I remember reading something a few years back on how vast the difference was on clothing that was supposed to be the same size, yet since they were all different brands, there was no commonality. Like a size 10 in one brand was equivalent to a size 6 or 8 in another. Just another way the fashion world likes to fork with us.

the same in what way?

but yeah, they're all different. i remember thinking that the more expensive the brand, the bigger they fit. i mean, if you can wear a gap 6, why would you buy cheaper size 8s?

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:22 am 
Tofu Pup

I try really hard not to get caught up on sizes, but it's tough. The same thing with the scale. I have made a decision to give up weighing myself and just ignore WW's request to enter my updated weight because it just sets me back. I get frustrated when I lose half a pound eventhough I've been working my asparagus off.

But then the people at the gym tell me I'm "slimming down a lot" so I don't know what to believe. I lift super heavy, but I can't imagine that I'm putting on that much muscle.

Nebraskalaska - I feel you on the donuts. I eat them and it feels like lead in my stomach, but dammit I like the way the lead taste before it enters my stomach!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:48 am 
Baking In The Flavor

I fear this may be TMI even by PPK standards- I've been horribly constipated for the last week and, shall we just say, I'm not anymore. Fastest 2 lbs I've ever lost!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:04 am 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

appifanie wrote:
gaia13 wrote:
appifanie wrote:

bisqueing.

the same in what way?

but yeah, they're all different. i remember thinking that the more expensive the brand, the bigger they fit. i mean, if you can wear a gap 6, why would you buy cheaper size 8s?

I meant the same brand, but obviously my brain wasn't working when I responded. Interesting about the bigger sizes being the more expensive ones. It seems like it would be just the opposite, with people who buy really expensive clothing wanting it to be sized smaller.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:24 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I am officially a size 18 as of today (pic on my blog) I put my capris on that I bought 3 weeks ago (they didn't fit but they were the next size down and on sale!) and now they fit! Wooooo!

http://www.beyondwillpower.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyond-Willpower-Vegan-Weight-Loss-Journey-Blog/145691962154879 <<< Feel free to "like"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:29 pm 
Nailed to the V

beyondwillpower wrote:
I am officially a size 18 as of today (pic on my blog) I put my capris on that I bought 3 weeks ago (they didn't fit but they were the next size down and on sale!) and now they fit! Wooooo!

Congratulations!!

I went through my bottom drawer of jeans that I haven't fit into for awhile, and I got a few to fit! They're still a little tight, but soon my pants supply will double! yaaaay pants.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:38 pm 
Ninja Master

beyondwillpower wrote:

yay congrats!! that's awesome.

edit: and yay steffers too!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:48 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

My jeans that wouldn't button/zip now button and zip. They're still dreadfully tight, but damn it, they button and zip!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:59 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I was down about two pounds the other day, though that may have changed after my epic indulgence at Sublime last night (and my takeaway of one meal and a chocolate cake). But with four days of intense 3 hour tennis training and yummy AFR recipes, I may have broken even.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:29 am 
Ninja Master

My digital scales have broken so I weighed myself on my old crappy ones and apparently i'm down to less than I was before I put half a stone back on before christmas. I think my old scales are playing with me, because I haven't been dieting before this week and if anything I feel I've gained, not lost more than half a stone! I need to buy new scales.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:56 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Woohoo I'm down 1.5 pounds! I've been good about eating roughly 1600 calories a day all week and getting a lot of whole grains. Thanks AFR :) I'm finally getting real close to my pre-wedding weight!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:02 pm 
Dead by dawn

I'm officially on the weight loss wagon. I knew I was heavier than I've ever been, but I finally busted out the scale a week or so ago and the number is higher than I was prepared for. So, instead of turning in my 12s for the 14s I'm justthisclose to, I'm losing it, dammit! Like Nebraska I'm pie testing, so that will have to be my major indulgence each week. But I also joined a triathlon team and have gone from couch potato to 4 workouts a week over the last month, with a 5th to be added as soon as I get my bike ready. So. Exercise and heavy reliance on AFR. That's my plan. And a food journal for awhile at least, to get a handle on what I'm actually consuming.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:29 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

monkeytoes wrote:
I'm officially on the weight loss wagon. I knew I was heavier than I've ever been, but I finally busted out the scale a week or so ago and the number is higher than I was prepared for. So, instead of turning in my 12s for the 14s I'm justthisclose to, I'm losing it, dammit! Like Nebraska I'm pie testing, so that will have to be my major indulgence each week. But I also joined a triathlon team and have gone from couch potato to 4 workouts a week over the last month, with a 5th to be added as soon as I get my bike ready. So. Exercise and heavy reliance on AFR. That's my plan. And a food journal for awhile at least, to get a handle on what I'm actually consuming.

Advice: make the fruit pies, not the chocolate-y ones.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:57 pm 
Dead by dawn

Nebraskalaska wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:

Good plan. I calculated the calories in the peanut butter cuplettes. Omgwhoa.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:47 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Now that I have been tracking my food for a week, I'm back on the weight loss wagon. I don't think I realized how many calories I was eating! I was working out enough to maintain, but I was really over-indulging. I'm still indulging a bit, but it different ways, making smarter choices. I haven't cut out all junk/sugar, but there's definitely a big difference between Liz Lovely's (AMAZING) cookies and Enjoy Life choco chip or a tablespoon of chocolate chips and peanut butter.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:50 pm 
Nailed to the V

ndpittman wrote:
Now that I have been tracking my food for a week, I'm back on the weight loss wagon. I don't think I realized how many calories I was eating! I was working out enough to maintain, but I was really over-indulging. I'm still indulging a bit, but it different ways, making smarter choices. I haven't cut out all junk/sugar, but there's definitely a big difference between Liz Lovely's (AMAZING) cookies and Enjoy Life choco chip or a tablespoon of chocolate chips and peanut butter.

I don't even want to THINK about the amount of peanut butter I used to consume on a regular day! It's crazy how easily these things add up.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:24 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

Pfft, what is this. I stopped working out for a week and stopped counting calories, then lost an inch and a half from my waist. OH WELL, I'll take what I can get! :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:40 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

monkeytoes wrote:
Nebraskalaska wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:

Good plan. I calculated the calories in the peanut butter cuplettes. Omgwhoa.

This is making me feel glad that I wasn't chosen for testing!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3599 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 144  Next