| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 144  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:53 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

okay, I've just started counting calories and paying attention to exercise again after a long hiatus. I know I want to loose some weight because I am not feeling great, and I can tell that I've been emotionally eating for a while now.
The problem is, I have to be very careful not to fall in to disordered behaviors. While I am excited to get healthier, I am also really worried that part of me is wanting to do this because I am so stressed at school, and I understand that the need for control is a huge aspect of my life.
anyway, I'm glad you guys are here because I can't really deal with other weight loss support sites.
So, my plan is to maintain about 15-1700 calories a day, do weight training daily, and continue walking 40 minutes to/from school 5 days a week. I've got to start slow.

I also have a lot of limits when it comes to exercise because of some injuries, so if anyone has any good exercise routine suggestions that won't put any pressure on my wrists, or further screw up my back, holler at me.

oh, and I can't have a scale, how do you guys suggest I track progress?
<3 boober.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:25 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I found clothes a good way to track my progress. i chose a pair of jeans I had that didn't quite fit, and just tried them on every couple of weeks. I could see and feel the difference, and didn't have to think about pounds and ounces.

good luck!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:10 am 
Impressive boner

Down 10lbs in total now.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:46 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Well, this weekend I decided that tomorrow will be the start of me getting my weight and mindset in control; my goal is to lose 11 pounds by June! I've had a horrible weekend in terms of food and eating but I really believe in myself and know I will get better.

And also, congratulations to you, 8ball! (And everyone else who's been doing so well!)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:55 am 
Nailed to the V

eee!

Sunday is my weigh in day on WW, and I was a little doubtful of seeing a loss this week.

I lost 1.3 this past week (which is surprising as there was a lot more beer than usual), and I've lost an inch everywhere except my arms in the past two months. I'm excited!

booberthefraggle wrote:

I also have a lot of limits when it comes to exercise because of some injuries, so if anyone has any good exercise routine suggestions that won't put any pressure on my wrists, or further screw up my back, holler at me.

oh, and I can't have a scale, how do you guys suggest I track progress?
<3 boober.

Walking is always, always good. So keep doing that! There's also swimming, if you feel comfortable.

As for tracking progress, I would suggest measuring your waist, hips, bust. And you can also gauge your progress by how your clothes are fitting.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:56 am 
Nailed to the V

Also, good job everybody!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:52 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Steffers! wrote:
ndpittman wrote:
Now that I have been tracking my food for a week, I'm back on the weight loss wagon. I don't think I realized how many calories I was eating! I was working out enough to maintain, but I was really over-indulging. I'm still indulging a bit, but it different ways, making smarter choices. I haven't cut out all junk/sugar, but there's definitely a big difference between Liz Lovely's (AMAZING) cookies and Enjoy Life choco chip or a tablespoon of chocolate chips and peanut butter.

I don't even want to THINK about the amount of peanut butter I used to consume on a regular day! It's crazy how easily these things add up.

I think I mentioned it before, but I put the oatmeal I'd been eating every morning with all the things that I add in to LiveStrong, and it had about 800 calories. I still eat oatmeal almost every day, but I make swaps and leave some stuff out. Either nuts, seeds, or nut butter, sometimes only half of a banana, no more granola on top or chocolate chips. Well, at least not every day.

It made my day the other day to find out that the Boloco (Boston burrito/smoothie chain) soy berry smoothie that I like really isn't too bad--especially because I get it without honey! Weight loss win! Vegan win! Plus while I'm trying not to eat my feelings or reward myself with food, some days you just need a smoothie.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:59 pm 

OH! And terrific job everyone!!

Boober, I have to echo the measurements and seeing how your clothes fit. I had some too small clothes that I'd bagged to give to charity, but now am wearing again! I take that as a better indicator than the scale. Do be wary of the size number though, as we've all seen, that can fluctuate greatly between cuts/brands/you name it. I like using some of my old clothes best. Also, do you think you can take control and give up control at the same time? I was worried about tracking calories because when I first started my weight loss efforts, I became obsessive and had general bad thoughts, but a few months down the line, I see it as more of a guiding tool, but not a video game. I will not be winning any prizes for most calories burned, fewest net calories, or fewest calories per day, but I can see that I should stop putting everything in the world in my daily oatmeal.

Best of luck to you and all of us!! Hopefully as the weather turns better, it'll be even more inspiring to get out there and get fit/feel good!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:24 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I know one thing it's super easy for me to do is drink my calories - tea with agave, cranberry juice, smoothies, soy lattes, martinis (with a billion olives) etc. I definitely need to cut some of that out and drink more water. I was doing well with the water drinking thing but then we were away from home for a couple of days and that just screws everything up for me. This week was actually quite horrible and I need to get back on track. Too much beer, too much eating out, too much cake (yeah, I said it; there can be too much cake as hard as that is to believe).

This week I'm also adding a couple of activities: I used to horse back ride and quit a couple years ago, so I'll be joining a lesson / week, and I'm going to get out to a hot yoga class as well. I also walk 6k several times per week with the dog as weather allows.

Can't wait till Spring proper (no more slush / mud) so I can get a jogging stroller and start running again! Going to set my sights on a 1/2 marathon in the fall.

Congrats to everyone who is fitting in old clothes! Good job! Boober, I 2nd (3rd? 4th?) the suggestion to just try on old clothes that don't / didn't fit. Even the feel of your current clothes will change and tends to be a good indicator! Good luck!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:59 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

I've lost about 2 lbs this week. Which I know is in the range of "healthy weight loss" but it doesn't half feel like a lot of work for very little pay off. I miss being younger, I swear I used to be able to lose about 5 lbs by just passing on seconds of dessert for a few days. I'm off to go try on an old dress, I won't be able to get it zipped all the way but if I can actually get it on that's a start!

Well done to everyone who is fitting into old clothes- it's a great feeling!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:16 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Today is the first real day I've been eating properly again rather than a strange cycle of eating too much and too little. Eating proper meals and stopping after I'm done has been hard.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:16 am 
Has gasoline in her veins

No more weight loss, but I DID lose an inch from around my thighs. THIS IS AWESOME. :D

eta- and another half inch from my waist, that's 2 inches from my waist total!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:28 am 
Ninja Master

So I weighed myself on my mum's scales and I am down! I weigh less than I did before I gained the 6lbs before christmas. So I've lost about 7lbs since christmas without dieting!! I just have to keep at it now, still got a way to go!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:04 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

third day of being aware. I am sore, but feeling good.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:10 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I got totally off track over spring break at my parents'...too many carbs and fried foods. so this week I'm pretending that didn't happen (even though the scale and my clothes say it did) and going back to how I was eating before spring break...lots of produce, whole foods, and AFR, as well as getting back to the gym! I worked out at 8am today with my best friend so we gossiped and caught up for an hour and a half which made it so easy to be back in the swing of it! I feel better already...less sluggish and less in that cycle of carb/sugar loading and craving...yay for more healthful choices! and well done to everyone making progress!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:58 am 
Bathes in Braggs

hey boober, i'm not weighing myself, coz i don't own scales...i am finding that i can tell i'm getting into shape because old skinny clothes are starting to fit. that's my only way of knowing :)

i've stopped having sugar in my coffee and toast for breakfast because of all the margarine, i now have lots of fruit. and i'm jogging 2 kkm every day. that is it, no other diet or exercise stuff and it's working.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:19 pm 
Dead by dawn

The scale says I'm down 8 pounds from when I first weighed myself (I don't remember exactly when that was, probably the weekend before last.) First, I don't think that's even possible in 10 or 11 days; this isn't the Biggest Loser ranch over here! Second, although one pair of jeans (the ones I wear all the time) are starting to get looser around the waist, the ones I'm wearing today (which I probably haven't worn in a month) fit exactly the same as last time... a tetch too tight. So, either I gained then lost about the same amount since the last time I wore them, my scale is a piece of garbage, or I just happened to be holding a lot of water weight the first time I weighed myself. And that last doesn't seem to jive given where I am in my cycle. I might have to just ditch the scale, keep an eye on my calories (I'm averaging about 1550/day, which isn't crazy low or anything) and keep active and see where that gets me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:15 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

My bmi is down 10 points.

I'm kind of going crazy right now.

WOoooooo!

Also my recumbent bike came today!

Excitement!

For before and during pics, check out my blog.

http://www.beyondwillpower.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyond-Willpower-Vegan-Weight-Loss-Journey-Blog/145691962154879 <<< Feel free to "like"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:36 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Awesome news!! Congrats!!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:45 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

kris - are you taking measurements? i lose inches without pounds or sizes sometimes.

that being said - i went to old navy today and bought 2 dresses - size small!!! and a pair of shorts - size 8!!! the shorts button easy but then it's a bit of a muffin top. i'll disguise as needed for now :)

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:00 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

Yay, I just had my follow up appointment at the gym & I've lost another 12 pounds (in 6 weeks).

I've been going to the gym about twice a week, doing spin class once a week & counting calories with Spark People. I swear this is mainly down to Appetite for Reduction though, I could't have managed without it!

Tonight I celebrate with cake & booze!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:09 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I lost another 2 lbs this week woooohooo!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:30 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

jojo wrote:
Yay, I just had my follow up appointment at the gym & I've lost another 12 pounds (in 6 weeks).

I've been going to the gym about twice a week, doing spin class once a week & counting calories with Spark People. I swear this is mainly down to Appetite for Reduction though, I could't have managed without it!

Tonight I celebrate with cake & booze!

Go you! AFR really does make everything so much easier.

I'm officially down 15 pounds today! Yeah!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:38 pm 

Congrats, everyone!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:51 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Everyone is doing so well! Congratulations guys <3

I'm down another pound so that brings my winter gain from 7lbs to 4lbs, which helps spur me back onto track. I'm not eating anywhere enough fruit and veg atm though, I'm just too tired to cook. I scored some black salt and bought some scramble veg so hopefully tomorrow will see a better result.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3598 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 144  Next