| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rupaul's Drag Race!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:58 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

The VH1 blog .gif wall is amazing, as always.

http://blog.vh1.com/2011-01-26/rupauls- ... -gif-wall/

I am sad that the Madonna girl went home first, because I liked her style. I'm not sad that she went home over Shangela though because, damn, that would've hurt!

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:44 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm not really loving most of the girls this season. But a lot of the girls in season 2 had to grow on me, so maybe this one will be the same.

I actually really loved Mimi's Mary outfit. And I can't believe that Shangela was given a second chance and still couldn't pull it off. She's lucky Venus was a total bisque, and she better get her head out of her asparagus. I like her personality, but she still doesn't seem to realise that that's not all that matters.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:38 pm 

Hahahaha:

http://www.newnownext.com/2011/02/02/ru ... ke-indeed/

I like that the croissants are going home first, instead of the fat girls. But can we all agree that Mimi is totally forking doomed?

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:54 pm 
Huffs Nooch

Mimi's doomed, yes. But her inevitable meltdown is going to be glorious viewing. Meanwhile, I'm over Shangela after all that shade throwing on untucked. I can understand that Mimi is getting on all their nerves, but that was totally unnecessary.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:59 pm 

I think that Shangela is just trying to get more screen time, she doesn't seem that bisque-y. Also, did you watch last years untucked? All they did was throw shade! I can't remember if they threw drinks, but "bisque, I am from Chicago!" became my favorite new saying.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:16 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Ow, the "acting" was painful to watch from some of them.

I really wanted Carmen to be in the LSFYL, just so I could watch her attempt to perform while holding on to that hairpiece so she didn't rip half her scalp off.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:39 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

kfad wrote:
I am so loving this season. Raja is my favorite.
And I am ashamed to admit that I just noticed that the Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, and Talent makes an acronym.

I didn't get it until sometime during the second season so don't feel bad. Raja and Delta are my faves for now, we'll see what comes out as the season continues. I know it's drag and all but does it seem like this cycle is especially campy or is it just me?

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:50 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

boychucker wrote:
kfad wrote:
I am so loving this season. Raja is my favorite.
And I am ashamed to admit that I just noticed that the Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, and Talent makes an acronym.

I didn't get it until sometime during the second season so don't feel bad. Raja and Delta are my faves for now, we'll see what comes out as the season continues. I know it's drag and all but does it seem like this cycle is especially campy or is it just me?

It does seem extra campy. I wonder if it isn't just the nature of that group of contestants. MIMI has said she can to glamor, but at no point has she shown a glimmer of glamor (sorry). However, as a sucker for campy drag in any format, I say carry on.

I do hate the throwing shade though. I always have.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:57 am 

Can we take a moment to wonder if any of the 'Heathers' have actually seen the movie? Because i'm starting to hope that Shangela is Veronica.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:32 am 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

I'm totally over Raja. I know she's amazing, but her attitude stinks!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:26 pm 

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Can we take a moment to wonder if any of the 'Heathers' have actually seen the movie? Because i'm starting to hope that Shangela is Veronica.

I think Raja definitely has, if not Delta and Manila too. Carmen is probabably too young. If Shangela is Veronica then Raja has to be Heather Chandler. It totally makes sense with their relationship. "I styled you for the reunion." = "I got you into a Remington party." Sorry for the Heathers Hijack, but you are right on mbm.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:55 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm watching the most recent episode now, and they're clearly confusing Mean Girls for Heathers, so I don't think they've actually seen it.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:56 pm 

I knew it was going to happen, but still, I will miss Shangela and her halla-luing.

So! Let's speculate on who is coming back next week!

I don't really have anyone who i'm like, "It better be _____!", but here's who I don't want to see:

Phoenix: too bisque-y, insulted way too many people even though I didn't think she was that pretty or talented.
India: I hated her overuse of the fake boobs and her makeup.
Carmen: Not enough personality to make up for that body.
Shangela: I love her, but it wouldn't even be close to fair.

I assume it's going to be Delta. If they brought back Mimi's crazy asparagus I would be really surprised.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:42 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I'm glad Shangela finally went home. She had great energy, but having had to be basically dressed by the other girls every week, and consistently terrible make-up I'm just not sure what she was doing there. Also, her "strategy" seemed a lot to me like "being a bisque."

I love Raja and Manila. With the exception of calling the other girls "booger", I haven't seen Raja be mean. I think she's blunt, but not mean. I get Manila's style a little more, and I love her wit and extensive use of snap fans. I'm apparently just not high fashion enough for Raja, and I'm okay with that.

As for who's coming back...no clue, I just need it to not be Shangela.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:48 pm 

I'm rooting for Delta to come back, but who knows. I had expected more from Mariah, so maybe she might get another chance? It would be kind of funny to see everyone get peased off if they brought Stacy back.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:02 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I just hope they don't bring back Carmen. She's one of those girls who got by on body / face rather than talent or personality, and she was a bisque who thought her shiitake didn't stink. I'm glad she went home last week because I didn't want it to come down to her in the top 3, and I see that happening if they give her another chance (since I feel like the two previous seasons both had someone like that who somehow managed to squeak past earlier elimination).

I really can't think of anyone that I want to come back - maybe one of the big girls, not because I think any of them necessarily deserve to come back, but because it would be nice to see one of them get a second chance. Then again, Mimi was crazy, Delta was kinda bisque-y, and Stacy wouldn't take constructive criticism. I dunno, I just hope it's not the first two or India.

What are your hopes / predictions for the top 3? I'm predicting Raja and Manila and hoping for Alexis.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:58 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

"carmen would have glued two wigs to her boobs and called it a day."

HAHAHAHA totally.

i'm going to miss shangela. i think that she was right that the girls hated on her so much because she was competition for them. she has been a drag queen for a millisecond and made it to the final 5 with girls who've been doing it 5, 10, 20 years! if she figures out how to do her makeup (it's called YOUTUBE TUTORIALS, SHANGELA!) then she will go far.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:48 pm 

Yeah, and I get that her wigs and makeup and clothes were not always good, but she can learn that shiitake. You can't learn a personality, bisques.

I would be really surprised if Raja didn't win, although I do love Alexis for taking 'Bam!' back from Emeril.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:22 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I don't like any of this crowd as much as I loved Pandora, Jujubee, and Nina Flowers. Even Raven and Shanel were more entertaining than most of these ones.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:47 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

lavawitch wrote:
I don't like any of this crowd as much as I loved Pandora, Jujubee, and Nina Flowers.

yeah, that's a FACT.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:13 pm 

Yeah, me either. My favorite personality-wise out of the girls are left is Alexis. She's such a happy queen.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:22 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Yeah, me either. My favorite personality-wise out of the girls are left is Alexis. She's such a happy queen.

Last night as I was watching the episode with my daughter, we both said the same thing. Alexis has some things she could work on. But, she is a ray of sunshine.

And she does give good face.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:57 am 

http://www.seattlegayscene.com/2011/03/ ... nt=Twitter

That show will probably never seen the light of day, and it sounds kind of awful, but I want this to happen. So, so badly.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:08 am 

Uggggh I was really hoping it was going to be someone who had left earlier.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:14 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

"Squirrelfriend " + "Drag your baby!"

thats all i got.

Reply to topic  [ 669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next