| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Colorado Springs Eats
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:59 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I've noticed a few Denver posts, but does anyone know of good vegan-friendly restaurants in the Springs? The only recommendation I can ever find when I google is for Adam's Mountain Cafe in Manitou, but surely there must be more options than just that one.

I'm fairly new to Colorado (about 1 year) and very new to being a vegan (about 2 months), so I'm pretty much at a loss here! (Although it has forced me to do considerably more cooking than I've ever done before, so not at all a bad thing!)

Post subject: Re: Colorado Springs Eats
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:57 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Hmm...C Springs is somewhat of a different animal to Denver/Boulder, and I don't think there are as many options down there. But one of my favorite places to go when we're down there is Trinity Brewing co. If you like beer it is a bonus, they have some yummy stuff! There are quite a few vegan options for food as well--here's the menu: http://www.trinitybrew.com/Web_menu_10.pdf

They are located near the Garden of the Gods.

ETA: Welcome to Colorado!!!!!!!!!!! If you venture up to Denver/Boulder there are lots of fun vegan spots.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:11 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

If you like Middle Eastern food, you should definitely hit up Heart of Jerusalem Cafe (there are two locations). It's the best Middle Eastern food I've had in Colorado and sometimes I fantasize about driving out to the Springs just to eat there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:10 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Yay - two more to try! Thanks! :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:57 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

My sister lived in CO Springs for a while, but it's been a few years. The only thing I can think of is Souper Salad, which is a chain buffet. Huge salad bar, usually a couple vegan soups and bread, baked potato bar.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:04 pm 
Huffs Nooch

I am going to have to respectfully disagree about Trinity. I thought it was terrible, bad service, really meh food, and pretty pricey. (It is, however, the only place to get seitan in the Springs). Adams is good for vegetarian food, but I would not say they are any more vegan friendly than any other restaurant. In my experience (and I've lived here for 25 years, been vegetarian for 18 years, and vegan for two years) you pretty much have to do ethnic. But, there are some really good ethnic places. For Thai, I really like a place called Aharn Thai on Powers. There is an Ethiopian place in Old Co. City, that is fantastic. Oh, and for Indian, Mirch Masala. One last, kind of fast food-ish is Garbanzo's (chain, but good). Good luck! Feel free to IM me. I love to talk about food, restaurants, menus, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:42 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

yoga girl wrote:
I am going to have to respectfully disagree about Trinity. I thought it was terrible, bad service, really meh food, and pretty pricey. (It is, however, the only place to get seitan in the Springs).

Oh man, this really sucks to hear! It was delicious last time I was there. I guess I should have warned that it had been a while since I went.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:43 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I'm planning to try Trinity sometime this week, so I will report back. :) I'm finding a lot of quick places that have vegan options (LOVE Garbanzo's!), which is making things a lot easier! I also just have to get over myself and ask more questions at restaurants. I think that part has me a bit intimidated.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:30 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

My parents live in that area, to echo yoga girl, things like Indian, falafel, etc. are the way to go. My mom said she saw a place downtown that called itself an "Arabic" restaurant that had "VEGAN FOOD!" written on the window. Also, I went to a Sri Lankan restaurant with some friends - it was around the corner from El Taco Rey. The food was spicy and super good.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:46 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

We went to Trinity last month and thought it was really good! And Adam's doesn't have a lot of vegan stuff on the menu, but they have made us some really great meals.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:52 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I'm planning to visit CS soon! I'm planning to go to a few of these places, but a lot of it is food I haven't had before, does anyone have any favourite dishes?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:40 pm 
Huffs Nooch

It's nice to see a thread about the Springs - I am strongly considering flying there sometime this year. While I haven't even visited in years, I lived in the Springs when I went vegan 20ish years ago. Honestly, I've never found anywhere in Colorado to be all that amazing in terms of vegan dining options. That said, lots of places are worse and I always found places (mostly "ethnic") that will make an effort to vegan-ize their offerings.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:43 pm 
Frees Bunny Slippers

I've been living in co spgs for the past year and I love most of the places mentioned above. I have to put in my review of trinity though! I live just down the street from there and I love it! I go there for happy hour or dinner more often than anywhere else in the spgs and they are always friendly and accommodating.