| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weight loss peeps - where you at?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:54 am 
Ninja Master

I lost 3 pounds this week. I am ill but I am still eating normally, I never lose my appetite!! I don't know how I've lost, I've been sat on my parents' couch watching Benidorm all week!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:18 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Down 2 pounds this week! Yay!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:38 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

Down a pant size!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:16 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

Awesome, everyone!! It must be the time to lose weight, I've also lost five pounds!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:45 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

thisheregiraffe wrote:
Awesome, everyone!! It must be the time to lose weight, I've also lost five pounds!

I like this idea... Anyone else hoping the arrival of spring will help shed the winter pounds? (For those of us living in harsher climates that is (; )

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:06 pm 
Has Isa on speed dial

i've definitely been seeing the arrival of spring helping to shed pounds. my boyfriend (who has been living in a different city for the past month) took one look at me and said, "damn, you've lost a lot of weight!" last week. it started out with walking all day, now i've been biking and running again as well. good stuff, spring!

that said, i don't own a scale and don't care to own one. i have no idea how much i weigh. i do know i want to eventually go down another pants size or two (which will bring me into the single digits! first time in... ever?!). the hardest thing has been quitting smoking - i seem to have replaced my cigarette cravings with potato chip cravings. not helpful! i try to tell myself apples are just as good. it doesn't really work.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:22 am 
Ninja Master

This sounds silly but I'm excited. A good thing about having lost weight is that I bought some long boots, they are not stretchy or wide leg and they zipped right up. I think that's a first!! :-)

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:20 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I lost eight pounds - so i've lost my seven pounds of winter sadness and one more, with three weeks to go. Woo!

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:07 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I haven't lost anything in the last week but I do feel better and my jeans feel a bit better. Don't know how or why but I'll take it!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:18 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I lost 2 lbs last week. woot. total of 61 lbs! Also now fitting into my totally cute new size 18 skirt with my size a-b flower flishnetty patterned stockings. :D I'm actually gonna go back to lane bryant and buy that skirt in a size 16, cuz I know this one will only fit me until around July and I LOVE IT. :D

I bought a juicer, can't wait to get it! :D

http://www.beyondwillpower.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyond-Willpower-Vegan-Weight-Loss-Journey-Blog/145691962154879 <<< Feel free to "like"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:41 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I've lost 15 pounds and have 20 more to go. Maybe 25, but we'll see when we get there.

I would really love to lose those 20 pounds by the next time I see my mom in a few months. She was there when I found out how much weight I had gained in such a short period of time and saw how devastated I was, so I think it would make her really happy to see that I did it. She's helped me so much so far in the process and has been really encouraging.

And! Someone who I see once every 2 or 3 weeks-ish noticed I lost weight! Awesome! I was starting to think it was all in my head.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:45 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I've lost a total of 11 lbs. since cutting way back on sugar and counting calories. So excited!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:14 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I've lost about 2 lbs. I'm so glad to see a drop in the scale number after so much of 'up'. I've still got over a month before I stilt in a parade and I feel confident in my body already! I can only look better.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:56 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I'm down 1 pound! Small, yes, but step one is important! I figure that even though this one pound was tricky, I am working on getting back on track and that even 1 pound a week would be wonderful because I'm not looking for any great loss, just some vanity going on now. Yesterday I wore a skirt that I was really worried wouldn't fit even though it did a month ago when I bought it...I was intimidated by the size tag, but it looked good and made me feel more confident that I am not as big as I am in my mind, which I think also helps with losing the bit I want to...positive mental attitude is key!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:12 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Aw! Yea for everyone!

A lady at work touched my butt today. It would have been creepy if I weren't comfortable with her--she reminds me of someone my mom would be friends with. She's like, look at your little butt!

I never thought I'd hear those words.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:39 pm 
Impressive boner

I got a compliment from a friend on Sunday but after having seen some videos of me performing with my band I'm not feeling it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:34 am 

8ball wrote:
I got a compliment from a friend on Sunday but after having seen some videos of me performing with my band I'm not feeling it.

I'm sorry you're not feeling it! I do have to say, I'm within 5.5 lbs of my goal weight, and sometimes I look in the mirror and I still look the same as before I began this mystical weightloss journey. I think sometimes our brains just don't see how things are. Not a complete body dysmorphic disorder by any means, but there are definitely times when I look in the mirror and see more of my old body than the new.

I guess I'm just saying, love yourself, keep eating healthy and exercising; sometimes we're are harder on the way we see ourselves. (Not worded quite right, but I hope you understand what I'm getting at.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:39 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

8ball wrote:

*Huggle* I know exactly how you feel. I made it through an entire photoshoot without thinking a negative thought about how I looked in my costume compared to my svelte and beautiful troupe companions and just had fun, but when I saw the pictures I nearly cried because I thought I looked so bad.

I'm able to rationalize myself knowing that what I see and what others see are very different things though. *Huggles*

You see the self you see in the mirror and critisize it without relent probably, just like I do.
Other people see less, and more strangely enough. *Hug*

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:19 pm 
Double double, toil and trouble

ndpittman wrote:
8ball wrote:

I'm sorry you're not feeling it! I do have to say, I'm within 5.5 lbs of my goal weight, and sometimes I look in the mirror and I still look the same as before I began this mystical weightloss journey. I think sometimes our brains just don't see how things are. Not a complete body dysmorphic disorder by any means, but there are definitely times when I look in the mirror and see more of my old body than the new.

I guess I'm just saying, love yourself, keep eating healthy and exercising; sometimes we're are harder on the way we see ourselves. (Not worded quite right, but I hope you understand what I'm getting at.)

This, so freaking much. I'm within 4 pounds of my goal weight (and 38 pounds down from my high weight), and I have these moments, too. When I'm feeling down about my body I try to think about how much stronger and healthier I feel since I started eating well and exercising, and it really helps.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:33 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I've lost 4 pounds in the last week and a half (though it's fluctuated somewhat because it's that time of the month) and it hasn't felt like dieting! I remember when I got off the AT, I looked at myself in the mirror and still felt like I was the same weight as before my hike, even though I'd lost 40 lbs. I don't think it's body dysmorhpic disorder, just that it was hard to see the skinnier me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:38 pm 

lillianp wrote:
I've lost 4 pounds in the last week and a half (though it's fluctuated somewhat because it's that time of the month) and it hasn't felt like dieting! I remember when I got off the AT, I looked at myself in the mirror and still felt like I was the same weight as before my hike, even though I'd lost 40 lbs. I don't think it's body dysmorhpic disorder, just that it was hard to see the skinnier me.

Exactly! I don't feel disordered about it when I look in the mirror, but I certainly still just see me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:57 pm 
Dead by dawn

I'm down 12 pounds tracking calories/eating mindfully (lunches and dinners mostly out of AFR or with similar nutrition profiles and calorie content) and exercising a lot more than I did prior to February. I still have 20 pounds to my goal weight, which is spang in the middle of the healthy BMI range for my height. BUT, I am only about 8 pounds away from entering the healthy range now, so that will be an exciting pre-goal weight milestone.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:55 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Do any of you deal with the urge to overeat? How do you do it? I'm having trouble. ._.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:21 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Nickalya wrote:
Do any of you deal with the urge to overeat? How do you do it? I'm having trouble. ._.

this this this this.

I find once I eat one thing, meal or snack, I snap and can't stop eating after it. The more I eat, the hungrier I feel! Can't remember the last time I actually felt full, or even satisfied.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:14 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I don't know if it's that I'm breastfeeding still or if I'm just a hungry lady, but I totally always. want. to eat. It may be kind of cliche but sometimes I down a glass of water if I still feel hungry after eating because that usually helps take the edge off. Plus it never hurts to drink more water! Give it a try if you haven't already. You might find it helps; good luck!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3602 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 145  Next