| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Give us your workout video suggestions!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:29 pm 
Chard Martyr

Oh god you guys, I've been doing Jillian Michaels' "No More Trouble Zones" (eww what an embarrassing title, I am ashamed of it) at least every other day for two weeks (alternating with P90X and sometimes the 30 Day Shred when I'm feeling tired/too busy) and I love it! I love that crazy bisque and her old school mat moves. I have reasonably strong arms from vinyasa yoga and pretty strong legs from biking/hiking, but my core has always sucked. Jillian is kicking my core in gear. Ew, workout terminology is so cringe-inducing. Anyway, I like it!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:08 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

I just got Booty Barre and love it. It's tough! I have really strong legs and they were sore the next day. The upper body section is also pretty tough.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:41 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

I've been doing Leslie Sansone's walking dvd's in various mileages for the past month and I'm in love. My joints get really sore if I do anything high impact or lunge/squat heavy, so I needed to find something low impact. These videos make me sweat. I've been mostly doing the Start! Walking 2 and 3 mile videos that you can get at Target. She's got other ones that use weights and resistance bands too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:29 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I haven't worked out with Leslie Sansone since the first "Walk Away the Pounds" on vhs, but I remember them to be effective, but slightly boring. They are good for low impact and not too complicated to follow, which is what I liked about them. I bought one of the newer dvd's with bands but haven't tried it yet, will have to do that!

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:58 pm 
Saggy Butt

Some of my current faves include a bunch of Crunch Yoga dvd's, Kim Kardashian's step aerobics (I'll admit I live under a rock and had to google Kim after I bought the dvd to figure out who she was) and the Shape-Mari Winsor Pilates for Pink with the resistance band.

I'm also obsessed with any dance based workout, but since I am monumentally bad at dance I can't speak as to how good these are, they might just seem good as I am so inept at following along with them.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:20 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku

Bollywood Dance Workout! It's so totally fun!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:38 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

I just ordered some old school Gilad Bodies in Motion DVDs. I am so excited for those. Otherwise, I'm doing 30-Day Shred which I really like, and Shiva Rea's Yoga Daily Flow which is good too

"I can't help but feel bad for the Tofurky for having a beer can shoved up it's soy hole." --nickvicious

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:59 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

boychucker wrote:
I haven't worked out with Leslie Sansone since the first "Walk Away the Pounds" on vhs, but I remember them to be effective, but slightly boring. They are good for low impact and not too complicated to follow, which is what I liked about them. I bought one of the newer dvd's with bands but haven't tried it yet, will have to do that!

I still have the old ones, and yes still have a functioning vcr. But, I like the newer ones better. One of my favorites is the 5 day slim. My sister has the band ones and she LOVES them!