| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Project Runway (spoilers)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:22 am 
Dildo Queen

miss snackura wrote:
But they do show at fashion week, they show a decoy collection. Michael C had already received the same budget as the final 3 so he got to make a proper collection that he could show to a packed tent. I hope he had fun. Here's a video of his collection doing the final walk. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiyNlPAaSME

Quote:
Every season on Project Runway there are decoy collections that show at Bryant Park so that results of the remaining shows will not be spoiled by revealing the final three.

http://projectrunway.blog.seenon.com/20 ... he-decoys/

That's an old post but Tom & Lorenzo have all the decoy collections from this season.

WHAT
it makes sense, though it makes me feel so...uncomfortable. "decoy collections" that sounds really spooky.

Quote:
I was really sad when Tim Gunn deleted all of his facebook rants. They were like the cherry on top of the cake. Now the cake is cherryless.

Edit: Oh I see he kept some of them up, just not the ones where he went overboard on calling the judges crack smokers.
[/quote]

haha i read somewhere about this and wanted to read them!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:23 am 
Dildo Queen

i'm just going to give up editing that post.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:12 am 
Human Gravy

If Gretchen wins I am never watching Project Runway again. End of story.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:22 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Allison, not Alison wrote:

What if she somehow turns out a good collection? Or something?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:22 am 
Human Gravy

allychristine wrote:

I stick by this statement. It's even more about her personality than her work, which I would never ever ever wear even if I were forced fed acid and dragged to a Phish show.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:49 am 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

You don't mean it! I always make threats like this, but come groveling back in the end to the seductive goodness of my reality shows!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:46 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Thessaly wrote:

You don't mean it! I always make threats like this, but come groveling back in the end to the seductive goodness of my reality shows!

hehe, yeah.

I totally agree, though.. about Gretchen. Blech.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:44 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I said the same thing to myself last night! But I know I'll probably end up watching the season anyway. Just more bitterly.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:50 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I think winning would be the worst thing possible for Gretchen.

I know this sounds weird but right now she seems really unhappy and generally sad. I know she doesn't have much money but there's no joy in anything she does and I don't think it's just a monetary thing.

I think she should take a break from clothing, go and travel around, meet new people, try new things. She definitely has some talent but at the moment it feels squandered.

If she wins she will be under pressure to develop more collections, she would stay in her rut. I know the outcome has been decided already but I've been avoiding spoilers so this is just my take on it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:24 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

miss snackura wrote:

I know this sounds weird but right now she seems really unhappy and generally sad. I know she doesn't have much money but there's no joy in anything she does and I don't think it's just a monetary thing.

I think she should take a break from clothing, go and travel around, meet new people, try new things. She definitely has some talent but at the moment it feels squandered.

If she wins she will be under pressure to develop more collections, she would stay in her rut. I know the outcome has been decided already but I've been avoiding spoilers so this is just my take on it.

I would like to know how to travel around with no money! (seriously, I'm not defending Gretchen)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:42 am 
Joking!

allychristine wrote:

.....she doesn't.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

Have people already looked at the Fashion Week collections that went online earlier? If Gretchen wins I'm going to shout obscenities out my window, but I also don't really dig Mondo's either. I sort of liked Andy's!

Ivy's was craptastic and expectedly boring. http://nymag.com/fashion/fashionshows/2 ... runwayivy/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:22 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

miss snackura wrote:

As much as I don't want to sympathize with Gretchen, I think you're right. Yeah, traveling may not be in the cards for her if she's super broke (though maybe couch surfing through the U.S...), but it sounds like she would benefit from concentrating on something other than being a major big fashion designer. I get a little bit of a stage mom vibe from her mom as well, which is sad.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:25 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

haha raddest pic ever:

Blog: http://blogthejerk.blogspot.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mikedesert
Band: http://www.myspace.com/hornssf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:03 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

allychristine wrote:
miss snackura wrote:

I would like to know how to travel around with no money! (seriously, I'm not defending Gretchen)

Maybe I just hang around with a bunch of hippies but a bunch of my friends did this after school. They'd have just about enough for transport to somewhere, they'd work in a hostel and get a free bed there. Then they'd move on to the next place. I have one friend who has done this all over the world. At the moment he's earning a living by being a teaching assistant in South Korea. He's done that in heaps of places. Gretchen doesn't even need to go out of the states, just get out of her little bubble.

I really have not very much money and although I complain about not being wealthy money will not solve all my problems. I mean it may make me a bit more comfortable, a bit less stressed but it won't fix the other issues I have. I think it's the same for Gretchen. I really do think she has potential but if she's stuck in the mindset of 'woe is me' and 'i need money to fix everything' then she'll go nowhere.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:13 am 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

miss snackura wrote:
allychristine wrote:
miss snackura wrote:

Maybe I just hang around with a bunch of hippies but a bunch of my friends did this after school. They'd have just about enough for transport to somewhere, they'd work in a hostel and get a free bed there. Then they'd move on to the next place. I have one friend who has done this all over the world. At the moment he's earning a living by being a teaching assistant in South Korea. He's done that in heaps of places. Gretchen doesn't even need to go out of the states, just get out of her little bubble.

I really have not very much money and although I complain about not being wealthy money will not solve all my problems. I mean it may make me a bit more comfortable, a bit less stressed but it won't fix the other issues I have. I think it's the same for Gretchen. I really do think she has potential but if she's stuck in the mindset of 'woe is me' and 'i need money to fix everything' then she'll go nowhere.

This is why I'm feeling so bisque-y about her I think. It drives me crazy when people complain about being poor, when they really mean "I'm not wealthy." Obviously, I don't know her or her situation, but I just get an entitled vibe from her.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:18 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Seriously? FAIL

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:18 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

When did "it would sell well in a department store" become a good thing for a runway show?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:24 am 
Discovered unobtainium

What the fuckety fork? At least Heidi has a clue.

Half the crepe Kors said made no sense. Also: he does not make everything he shows else there are Park Ave matrons walking around topless in grass skirts.

And last week Gretchens jewelry was too "craft fair" but now it's trendy and expensive looking?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:45 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

those judges are smoking crack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:32 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Boooooooooooooooo! sucky sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:21 am 
Chard Martyr

That was lame. Seriously.

mollyjade wrote:
When did "it would sell well in a department store" become a good thing for a runway show?

Exactly.

Mondo's looked expensive without having to "dress it up" with make-up and heels. Oh well, Betsey Johnson was really excited about Mondo- maybe he'll get something out of all of this anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:46 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

At least Mondo won't be bound by a contract for the rest of his life with Project Runway and he'll be free to make what he wants and he will own it?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:47 am 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

lavawitch wrote:

Half the crepe Kors said made no sense.

Maybe cause he was too cool to take off his forking shades during the whole runway show! What was going on there?!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:51 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Thessaly wrote:
lavawitch wrote:

Half the crepe Kors said made no sense.

Maybe cause he was too cool to take off his forking shades during the whole runway show! What was going on there?!

Runway shows are optimized for cameras and film, with lots of extreme bright lights. Some people do wear sunglasses to see better if they have sensitive eyes (or so I've heard).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next