| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LETS GO VISIT CHOIRQUEER!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:45 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Hay phillay,
I'm going to be in town for a bit in May and I was going to go visit Choirqueer, then ze brought up the idea of having a PPK GATHERING there. Probably the best idea since veganism, I know.
So here's the idea:
May 8th we go up there for lunch (I can provide some rides if necessary*) which is $4 all-you-can-eat pretty much all local, and since Choirqueer is awesome, ze will give chefs a heads up about vegans and they will make delicious vegan foods. We hang out, party, live the vegan dream.

HOW DOES THIS SOUND? AWESOME? YEAH!

*My car seats 4 comfortably, 5 squished, and there would have to be a small amount of public transit usage to get you from philly to Jenkintown where I'll be staying, but I would pick you up at the train station!

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

Post subject: Re: LETS GO VISIT CHOIRQUEER!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:56 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I wish!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:05 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Some more details!

I live at Pendle Hill which is a Quaker retreat center in Wallingford. Our kitchen serves delicious, mostly local food and always has a vegan option. I would need to let them know in advance how many of us to expect and I will need to check to make sure but I'm pretty sure my guest discount applies and we would all be able to eat for $4 each. If people would rather do this on a weekday we could do that too (dinner would probably be $5.50 each). If folks are interested I could also try to arrange for the head gardener to give a tour of our organic garden where a lot of our food is grown and/or for one of the groundskeepers to give us a tree tour if people are into trees. And of course I'll show you our super library with super old books.

The main thing is that I need to know as soon as possible if enough people are interested so I can give the kitchen some notice about the date, and I would need to give an approximate head count to the kitchen by May 1.

Other pertinent info for you: Wallingford is actually a lot closer to Philly than it is to Jenkintown so your best bet may be to carpool from Philly or to take the train here. The Media/Elwyn train goes to Wallingford, about 30 minutes from Center City. If I know in advance I can arrange for pickup from the train station - it's a pretty short walk, but I know some people (myself included) are limited in our walking capabilities and would need a ride.

So, what I need to know ASAP is - would people come on May 8 (lunch is served at 1 so you would want to get here before that)? Would a weeknight be better (options include Monday 5/9, Tuesday 5/10, or Thursday 5/12)? If a weeknight is better, that would mean getting here in time for dinner which is served at 6. If you're a "maybe" or "probably" that's okay.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:45 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Stinky poos, I already have plans on that day.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:23 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

GraciaKai wrote:
Stinky poos, I already have plans on that day.

Me too. I totally want to make it out there at some point!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:18 am 
Naked Under Apron

May 8? I'm a definite maybe. I need to figure out about five other things with my schedule first, but it definitely sounds like fun.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:30 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

In case you weren't sure, y'all...you are all totally welcome to come visit me anytime you want. Just let me know. There are also workshops here on many weekends which you can sign up for, and an artist lecture series (which is free)!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:23 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I would since I live so close by! but it's mother's day and I promised to take mom and the MIL out to a show.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:43 pm 
Hip Goiter

I want to! May 8 is prob really bad for me considering I have a TRIAL starting on the 9th! Butttt that first day will be jury selection so I'm tempted to say yes. But that's prob not smart. Boobersy, how long will you be in town??!! When else can I see you? When are we taking you to Blackbird (you missed that opening, right?)?

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:02 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

yeah! I have yet to experience blackbird.
I'll be in town for a bit, but I'm kind of booked. I will make ppkphillytime though, especially if vegan pizza is involved.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:12 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I propose Friday lunch at Blackbird because I'm already going to have lunch on Friday at Blackbird! I have an appointment at Mazzoni at 2 and I'm kinda anxious about it so you can all give me moral support. I also don't think I can come any other day. Train fare is stupid-expensive.

I do kinda need to know really soon if there are a bunch of people coming here on the 8th, and how many.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:18 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

oh yeah, the date's changed to a kind of vague "sometime during the week"

I'll be in town starting saturday night, so I can't to friday.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:27 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I meant Friday the...oh jeez, the 13th.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:02 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

ohh, I could probs make that happen!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:38 pm 
Hip Goiter

choirqueer wrote:
I meant Friday the...oh jeez, the 13th.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:03 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

Hey gang, so I'm going to suggest that we postpone the come-visit-choirqueer date and just plan on meeting up at Blackbird for lunch on Friday the 13th. I'm taking a workshop this weekend and Boober's coming Sunday afternoon and I've got another friend coming from Canada to hang out Sunday evening and it's just gonna be too nuts for me to have a whole crew here that day. I would loooooooooooove to have you all over sometime though. We'll just have to pick a different day. I'm not even sure right now how much longer I can stay here since technically I'm only here through June 11 and I'm not sure what will happen after that since I don't have anywhere else lined up to go after that! But we'll figure something else out.