| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Appetite for Reduction is my New Favourite
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:01 pm 
Tofu Pup

I just got this book last Saturday (it's Wednesday), and I've already made quite a few recipes--every single one is delicious! I even made my own seitan and tried it in the Irish Stew with Potatoes and Seitan (fantastic!!). I'm currently eating the Mac and Trees, and it tastes pretty close to the real thing. I put it into a casserole and topped it with grated vegan cheddar, crushed brown rice crackers, and chopped onions; then I put it under the broiler for a few minutes to get crusty and bubbly. I can't believe (even with the additions I made) that you can have a big steaming bowl of comfort food for under 400 calories.

Thank you for writing this book, Isa!! I've been reading the recipes in bed at night--something I've never done in my life with a cookbook!

Post subject: Re: Appetite for Reduction is my New Favourite
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:14 pm 
Tofu Pup

Mine too! I'm doing the 21-Day vegan kickstart and this book is becoming a life-saver since many of the meal suggestions in the Kickstart involve eating out, which is not that much of an option where I live. The vegan offerings are scarse in my city, most restaurants have none at all and you kind of get tired of having to negociate with every waiter you meet (even the cute ones!). So I prefer to do my own cooking. Thanks Isa!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:52 am 
Venomous Head of Veganism

Thanks, guys! (PS leave Amazon reviews if you can, I would love your forever.) (Not that I don't already love you forever.)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:46 pm 
Tofu Pup

IsaChandra wrote:
Thanks, guys! (PS leave Amazon reviews if you can, I would love your forever.) (Not that I don't already love you forever.)

Anything to keep to love alive! I've given it a glowing review on Amazon.ca, because I'm from Canada (you should hear me say "accoutrement"!)
;-)