| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4386 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 176  Next
 Post subject: Ventilation Station
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:26 pm 
Grandfathered In

Your children are delightful miracles of life. They are a source of joy and pride.

And headaches, heartaches, and (maybe even) toothaches.

As wonderful as they are, they might drive you forkin nuts. Vent here. You'll feel better.

Post subject: Re: Ventilation Station 2.0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:11 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

Anti-vent that starts with me caving - I bought her a barbie. She loved it so much, she voluntarily went to bed early so she could go to bed with it.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:30 pm 
Grandfathered In

Goes in the Win column anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:52 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I adore my 10 year old.
I do not adore "Rugrats". But she does. A lot.
UGH

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:34 am 
Not NOT A Furry

This morning H. decided that toast and tempeh bacon was a lousy breakfast so he demanded I get him a bagel. After I told him that breakfast was what was on the plate, he proceeded to crumble everything and left it. After an hour, he ate it, but still pissed me off.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:11 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

oh my gosh, erin. shae pulled something like this a few weeks ago. out of the blue said that he hated spaghetti and that it was disgusting (never mind that it's always been one of his favorite meals!). he's never even spoke to us like that before, ever. beyond ridiculous. he finally ate half of it and then i put the rest in the fridge and he ate it the next night!

that shiitake is annoying.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:47 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Kelly wrote:
oh my gosh, erin. shae pulled something like this a few weeks ago. out of the blue said that he hated spaghetti and that it was disgusting (never mind that it's always been one of his favorite meals!). he's never even spoke to us like that before, ever. beyond ridiculous. he finally ate half of it and then i put the rest in the fridge and he ate it the next night!

glad to know i'm not the only one dealing with this. and yes! this shiitake is SO annoying!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:05 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

The screaming. Oh, the screaming. When they're happy, when they're sad, when they're mad, when they're tired, when they just wake up in the morning. Screaming for all occasions! I need earplugs.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:17 pm 
Grandfathered In

He changed his PPK name to GlueGunStudio, but I think his new name should be Goldbrick.

Just getting him to do his rudimentary chores—or, heaven help us, anything above and beyond—is a major pain.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:02 pm 
Grandfathered In

We are currently experiencing one hell of a tantrum. It all started with the insistence that Mrs. Face "owed" him candy because she "always" gives him candy after school. This injustice WILL NOT STAND. We were treated to the screaming denial that he was having a tantrum and then he hauled out his best sarcasm. And now, because we're mean and/or bad parents, we are being denied hugs for the rest of the day.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:26 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Ah, the sarcasm. Don't you just love it? Especially at such a young age.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:26 am 
Grandfathered In

Kelly wrote:

(To Mrs. Face) Could you be nicer? Could you? It's a question. I don't know. Could you?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:32 am 
Not NOT A Furry

erin32mc wrote:
Kelly wrote:

glad to know i'm not the only one dealing with this. and yes! this shiitake is SO annoying!

You guys are not the only ones! My six year old has been the complete opposite of his previous self this year. He is revisiting the tantrums of the Terrible Two's! I am not a smacker and yeller, but by God feel like I am becoming one! Hang in there and don't fuel the fire by reacting. Easy to say, but not so easy to do...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:35 am 
Not NOT A Furry

FootFace wrote:
Kelly wrote:

(To Mrs. Face) Could you be nicer? Could you? It's a question. I don't know. Could you?

Wow! He took the words right out of my six year old's mouth. What fun. Nothing escapes judgment, I say! They rule with an iron fist!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:40 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

He is holding my hair. As I type this. He just comes over and grabs a big handful of my hair. I know he has no concept of personal space, but it's driving me crazy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:43 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

FootFace wrote:
Kelly wrote:

And so innocent! sigh.

I'll never forget Shae's kindergarten teacher telling us that upon seeing her Magic School Bus books on the Non Fiction bookshelf, he said "Of course they are! I always shrink my school bus and fly into peoples noses to explore their body. That's totally real."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:36 pm 

I just discovered that she has been super cranky for days because she is exhausted. Why is she exhausted when she goes to bed at 7:30pm and gets up at 6:30am? Because she's actually in her room at night, awake, periodically checking to see if I'm asleep in bed yet so she can sneak into bed with me. Apparently she stays up until this happens! I just discovered this because I heard her crying and I'd JUST checked on her and she'd looked asleep and I'd checked on her because I thought I heard the noise I'd been hearing at night. I stuck her in my bed. Oy.

FootFace wrote:
We are currently experiencing one hell of a tantrum. It all started with the insistence that Mrs. Face "owed" him candy because she "always" gives him candy after school. This injustice WILL NOT STAND. We were treated to the screaming denial that he was having a tantrum and then he hauled out his best sarcasm. And now, because we're mean and/or bad parents, we are being denied hugs for the rest of the day.

Oh yeah. Daddy really loves her cause daddy always buys her toys. (Don't even get me started on 8 million aspects of that)

Mrs. Face is pretty nice - I'm not actually sure she COULD be nicer. I can't imagine G would appreciate that answer though. :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:52 am 
Saggy Butt

appifanie wrote:
I just discovered that she has been super cranky for days because she is exhausted. Why is she exhausted when she goes to bed at 7:30pm and gets up at 6:30am? Because she's actually in her room at night, awake, periodically checking to see if I'm asleep in bed yet so she can sneak into bed with me. Apparently she stays up until this happens! I just discovered this because I heard her crying and I'd JUST checked on her and she'd looked asleep and I'd checked on her because I thought I heard the noise I'd been hearing at night. I stuck her in my bed. Oy.

that's actually pretty adorable, but in a sad kind of way. i am imagining livi sneaking around & losing sleep just because she needs some extra mama cuddles.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:53 am 

sunshower wrote:
appifanie wrote:

that's actually pretty adorable, but in a sad kind of way. i am imagining livi sneaking around & losing sleep just because she needs some extra mama cuddles.

I know! That's why I caved so easy. Sigh.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:02 am 
Saggy Butt

appifanie wrote:
sunshower wrote:
appifanie wrote:

I know! That's why I caved so easy. Sigh.

i would totally have caved too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:20 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

As soon as we got home from school today Reno threw a mega tantrum. I said nothing/did nothing to cause it. She walked in the door and BAM tantrum. After a few minutes of me asking what is wrong? Is she hurt? It turned into me screaming that i'm going to throw away all the Halloween treats she just got at school. She still wouldn't tell me what was wrong.

FINALLY...she speaks....all she wanted was pretzels. forking PRETZELS!!

If she just asked for them I would have given them to her.

I seriously hate the age of 3. Terrible 2's are nothing compared to what happens the second they turn 3.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:27 am 
ol' garly cooch

erin32mc wrote:
This morning H. decided that toast and tempeh bacon was a lousy breakfast so he demanded I get him a bagel. After I told him that breakfast was what was on the plate, he proceeded to crumble everything and left it. After an hour, he ate it, but still pissed me off.

don't you just love it when they do that? i want to tear my hair out when blasto goes on that streak. he'll look right at me and laugh while he does it too!

i had to take fini to the doctor's last night because she's had a cough for 2 wks now. sinus infection. anyway, while waiting in the doctor's room, blasto just tears everything up: magazines, books, paper on the table, etc. he constantly escapes from exam room and i'm chasing him around the practice with fini in tow. i've been really good at not losing my shiitake with him--a good 2+mos worth. then i snap. i didn't beat him, but i hollered and grabbed more than i cared to. it was just too much for me.

the goocher? as he was in total demon mode, the nurses placate him with a toy! reward him for acting like a total boogerbutt! don't they know better? then i had to take it away from him and have him hate me more in that moment.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:58 pm 

I need a mommy vacation.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:31 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I'll go with you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:44 pm 

Good! Let's run away. Not for too long. I've been eying yoga retreats.

It's so weird because for so long Livi didn't care about things like holidays and suddenly she really does - like she wanted a really nice cake and a nice pumpkin and stuff like that - and it caught me so off guard because it was so last minute that I couldn't really follow through well - ugh.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4386 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 176  Next