| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 125  Next
 Post subject: Re: Glee!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:18 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

designedtobekind wrote:
Was Emma supposed to be getting it on with the whole Glee Club?

No. The character who sings that song is the one Rachel was playing. So shiitake would've been waaay more disturbing if she was singing that to Will instead of Emma. Which then makes me question what forking planet is he on that he thinks it's perfectly okay to replace a student Rocky with himself?!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:43 am 
ugh

mixmaster_mo wrote:
Which then makes me question what forking planet is he on that he thinks it's perfectly okay to replace a student Rocky with himself?!

+1... not yummy.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:49 am 
Naked Under Apron

Tofulish wrote:
Will is creepy. And I'm not exactly sure why - because he acts like he wishes he were one of the students? Because of the skeezy way he treated Emma?

This is my biggest problem with this season! Did he really propose that he do sexy scenes with Rachel while wearing gold short shorts because it wasn't appropriate for another student to do it? (eta: Yeah, what mixmaster mo just said!) And him performing with the kids in the Britney episode made me uncomfortable. For him.

And with Emma! He's so desperate and pathetic and even she seems to think so. I used to like Will and I want his and Emma's cute/sweet mutual crush back. For now I think any kind of alleged feelings between them are completely unbelievable.

Last edited by Amy on Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:51 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Desperate and inappropriate pretty much sums up Will these days.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:18 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

mixmaster_mo wrote:
designedtobekind wrote:

No. The character who sings that song is the one Rachel was playing. So shiitake would've been waaay more disturbing if she was singing that to Will instead of Emma. Which then makes me question what forking planet is he on that he thinks it's perfectly okay to replace a student Rocky with himself?!

Yeah, but that section of the movie suggests that Janet's either banging the whole castle or fantasizing about banging the whole castle. With Emma? DID NOT WANT.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:37 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

RandiJM wrote:
All of you who are saying the movie is bad should be banned.

It is a pretty bad movie. But it's a wonderful experience. I would almost never watch it alone (and definitely not with someone who's never seen it before - they usually don't get the hype), but if they had a midnight show here, I'd definitely go (and encourage others to come with me).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:46 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

mixmaster_mo wrote:
designedtobekind wrote:

Yeah, because Emma wasn't replacing Rachel right? I'm so glad they didn't go there. Although it is now burned into my brain.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:14 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

designedtobekind wrote:
mixmaster_mo wrote:
designedtobekind wrote:

Yeah, because Emma wasn't replacing Rachel right? I'm so glad they didn't go there. Although it is now burned into my brain.

Definitely not. I think that was the only way that song could've been done. I think it would have been more disturbing if it was Rachel singing to Sam and the rest of the cast.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:17 pm 

designedtobekind wrote:
Ok, the more I think about that scene, the more disturbed I am by it. Was Emma supposed to be getting it on with the whole Glee Club?

No, I think it's supposed to be ROCKY getting it on with everyone. "Creature of the night"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:44 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

They're talking about Glee on my NPR station right now! The commentator called the Brittany episode fabulous. Someone just called in to say they don't watch it anymore because it's gotten too sexy for them.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:12 pm 

bastah wrote:
designedtobekind wrote:
Ok, the more I think about that scene, the more disturbed I am by it. Was Emma supposed to be getting it on with the whole Glee Club?

No, I think it's supposed to be ROCKY getting it on with everyone. "Creature of the night"

That makes no sense to me. The scene is shot from Janet's POV.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:13 pm 

KarynMC wrote:
bastah wrote:
designedtobekind wrote:

That makes no sense to me. The scene is shot from Janet's POV.

I know I know, but Rocky gets around and it just makes the most sense even though it's not shot right

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:28 pm 

bastah wrote:
I know I know, but Rocky gets around and it just makes the most sense even though it's not shot right

But it works re: Janet's character arc, too.

I think it's pretty clear that it's Janet having sex/fantasizing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:42 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I agree with Karyn. I don't see how it's about Rocky getting around when it's Janet singing about how she wants to be touched AND it's from her POV.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:47 pm 

mixmaster_mo wrote:
I agree with Karyn. I don't see how it's about Rocky getting around when it's Janet singing about how she wants to be touched AND it's from her POV.

I think I was trying to make it seem less creepy, but that would mean Will was sleeping with everyone and that's creepier, so nevermind

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:49 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

bastah wrote:
mixmaster_mo wrote:

I think I was trying to make it seem less creepy, but that would mean Will was sleeping with everyone and that's creepier, so nevermind

Yeah, there's really no way to un-creep this situation. Had Will played Rocky in the show, either Rachel would have been sleeping with the entire glee club or Will would have.

Either way, do not want.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:57 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Tofulish wrote:
One of the few good things about the episode was that it looked like the adults backed out and the show was done by the students. Will is creepy. And I'm not exactly sure why - because he acts like he wishes he were one of the students? Because of the skeezy way he treated Emma? Because he knows so little about a woman's body he was fooled into thinking Terry was pregnant?

Wait...you lost me at that last one. He was supposed to presume that his "knowledge of a woman's body" was more valid than his wife telling him what was going on with her body, and accuse her of lying? Plus, how would he be expected to have such "knowledge" anyway, since it's fairly apparent where his "sex education" came from since he was a student at McKinley, and that the only woman with whom he's ever been intimately acquainted is the woman lying to him that she's pregnant? I agree the other things are creepy, but that one I think was entirely Terry in the wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:59 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I miss horrible Terri.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:03 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I miss even more horrible Kendra. We need less creepy and more batshit crazy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:40 pm 

I've actually always felt just a little bit bad for Terri.

Also, Will decided to play Rocky because it was inappropriate for a student to do so. Because the world wants teachers in shiny gold speedos grinding on high school students.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:52 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

amandabear wrote:
bastah wrote:
mixmaster_mo wrote:

Yeah, there's really no way to un-creep this situation. Had Will played Rocky in the show, either Rachel would have been sleeping with the entire glee club or Will would have.

Either way, do not want.

Yes. It's inappropriate no matter what. This song should have just been cut. There's no way to do it without it being weird. Either way, someone in this cast is asking others to touch/sleep with hir and there is no way that's going to be okay. And having Emma do it was even dumber (why does she have to help Will learn his non-existent lines?). It seems like they just really wanted her to sing and manipulated the whole episode to get to that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:06 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Let's all take a moment to stop being creeped out by Will and deal with how forking adorable this kid is.

tv guide article wrote:
Chris Colfer (Glee): "I was a Venus Fly Trap when I was 18. My hands were the plant and then I spiked my hair and made it into a fly with wings. I made the costume myself and I won the best costume prize at the party."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:18 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

amandabear wrote:
Let's all take a moment to stop being creeped out by Will and deal with how forking adorable this kid is.

tv guide article wrote:
Chris Colfer (Glee): "I was a Venus Fly Trap when I was 18. My hands were the plant and then I spiked my hair and made it into a fly with wings. I made the costume myself and I won the best costume prize at the party."

http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Content/101025/News/Todays_News_Our_Take/2_tues/101026mag-chris-colfer1.jpg

So adorable! I'm going to imagine that he used the had parts to "eat" the fly (his head) all night. Because I imagine it'd be really cute.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:27 pm 

This video makes it seem that Emma's song was actually pretty much how she really sounded when singing it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3GXPDpZBzQ&feature=youtu.be

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:33 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Maybe she just has a really weird voice.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 125  Next