| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:38 pm 
A gift from the crasshole god.

I have to be honest that I only watched the first episode because I knew the vast majority of it was filmed here and I thought that was pretty cool but I did actually enjoy it. Also it had Ronan from Stargate Atlantis which made me happy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:55 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

So after the first episode I was only lukewarm, but after watching the second I would say I'm pretty much hooked. OMG the Lannisters make me so angry.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:35 pm 
Nailed to the V

lobsteriffic wrote:
So after the first episode I was only lukewarm, but after watching the second I would say I'm pretty much hooked. OMG the Lannisters make me so angry.

Indeed. My dog was traumatized by last night's episode.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:18 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Location: In some dumb hotel in an equally dumb town...or in San Diego
for those of you unfamiliar with the books...let me just say you have not seen anything yet

shiitake GETS CRAZAYYYYY

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:59 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

My boyfriend is now halfway through the book so we've finally started watching episodes. I really want him to hurry up and finish because I've already let slip one major spoiler.

One thing that really annoyed me:
Spoiler: show
the portrayal of Daenerys' wedding night was much different in the book. There was a tenderness and gentleness that was completely absent in the show. They might have been trying for that, but she just ended up looking terrified and forced, rather than a willing participant. I feel like it totally changed the characterization of Drogo and the nature of their relationship.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:31 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

BluePlasticStraw wrote:
My boyfriend is now halfway through the book so we've finally started watching episodes. I really want him to hurry up and finish because I've already let slip one major spoiler.

the portrayal of Daenerys' wedding night was much different in the book. There was a tenderness and gentleness that was completely absent in the show. They might have been trying for that, but she just ended up looking terrified and forced, rather than a willing participant. I feel like it totally changed the characterization of Drogo and the nature of their relationship.

I agree 100%. Just further disappointment for me in the way women are being portrayed on this show.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:29 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

ericaj wrote:
I haven't read the books so I don't have any point of reference. But I liked the first episode and look forward to the next.

BluePlasticStraw - I'm so with you. I complain a lot when I watch tv and it's always because I will never understand why there has to be a (or multiple) rape scene or violent sex in almost every freaking show? Why?! Why can't sex scenes show women enjoying sex ever, outside of the scenes with prostitutes. Is that too boring?? And, lastly, when there are non-rape scenes, can we expand our imaginations a little? The only position is not from behind. Okay, end rant.

i just watched all 5 episodes yesterday and yeah, I totally agree on all counts. It was just weirding me out, especially because I was hoping that the calisi girl would end up killing the khal drogo or getting revenge somehow and so far she hasn't. I was thinking about maybe reading the books, but I don't think i can handle reading about all that stuff.

also i can't believe how much I cried when Stark had to kill the puppy. and that horse death. whoa! too much rape and animal murder!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:46 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

That horse death was pretty intense! Geez dude, calm down.

Last night's episode I found a bit dry, but next week's looks good!

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:32 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I really enjoyed the book, I've never read any of his before but I like the way he writes. I finished the book yesterday so I watched the first episode, I agree it does stick to the book pretty well but there are going to be lots of uncomfortable scenes to come :/

BluePlasticStraw wrote:

This annoyed me too.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:34 pm 

Kitteh wrote:
I really enjoyed the book, I've never read any of his before but I like the way he writes. I finished the book yesterday so I watched the first episode, I agree it does stick to the book pretty well but there are going to be lots of uncomfortable scenes to come :/

BluePlasticStraw wrote:

This annoyed me too.

oh wow, regarding that spoiler. that's really interesting because that was one of the main things that reaaaaally creeped me out.

also daenerys is a really pretty name.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:14 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

It is such a nice name and she is gorgeous too.

I really wonder why they changed that scene (discussed in the spoiler above), there have been subtle differences in a few other scenes like the opening scene in the woods with the dead people but none of them annoyed me apart from that one.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:15 pm 
Pumpkinhead's lovechild

It's been a while since I read the books.
It's nice to see suspicions regarding Renly and Loras confirmed though. In the book that relationship was merely hinted at I believe. Otherwise I may have missed a few chapters

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:22 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

I've never read the books and I'm really loving the series so far. I got all caught up and I'm ready to party with a new ep tonight.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 10:45 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Oh my god, SO glad Viserys bought it.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:42 pm 
Venomous Head of Veganism

OK if we're discussing a spoiler of the current show I don't think it needs a spoiler tag, no? We're just discussing the episode. If you're discussing something from the book, you need a spoiler tag.

Now, can someone tell me, if I read BluePlasticStraw's spoiler up there, will it ruin much for me?

Also, I am totally in love with the intense relationships in this show. I am going to get an iPad just to see the next ep early! (not really) (maybe) (No not really.) Every single scene with the king is so tense. And every time he takes a swig of wine, I think it's poisoned. And how does the Queen manage those fantastically bisque-y faces? It's amazing. And Peter Dinklage! And the dragon eggs!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:05 am 

IsaChandra wrote:
Now, can someone tell me, if I read BluePlasticStraw's spoiler up there, will it ruin much for me?

No and you can unspoiler it if you want since it's talking about book/show comparisons and it's from an old episode.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:47 am 

IsaChandra wrote:
OK if we're discussing a spoiler of the current show I don't think it needs a spoiler tag, no? We're just discussing the episode. If you're discussing something from the book, you need a spoiler tag.

Also, I am totally in love with the intense relationships in this show. I am going to get an iPad just to see the next ep early! (not really) (maybe) (No not really.) Every single scene with the king is so tense. And every time he takes a swig of wine, I think it's poisoned. And how does the Queen manage those fantastically bisque-y faces? It's amazing. And Peter Dinklage! And the dragon eggs!

unrelated to the show, you don't need an ipad to get hbogo. you can use it on your computer. unfortunately though it doesn't work for all cable companies. If you have time warner or cablevision you're screwed. i have no idea why, but it's annoying!

i love last night's episode and it was written by Jane Espenson!! I'm really starting to love how bad asparagus Danaerys is!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:26 am 
Pumpkinhead's lovechild

A crown fit for a King!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:36 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Location: In some dumb hotel in an equally dumb town...or in San Diego
the casting for the so good in this show

am I the only one who thinks the actor playing Tyrion could be William H Macys brother?

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:36 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Adam Crisis wrote:

am I the only one who thinks the actor playing Tyrion could be William H Macys brother?

Peter Dinklage! I loved him in Death at a Funeral (the UK one, not the shitty American one).

I just pre-ordered my copy of A Dance With Dragons. Today is a good day.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:30 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Adam Crisis wrote:

Agree most definitely. Except... is jeoffry supposed to be handsome? because he looks like some elvish eunuch.
Also - I'm reading the book behind the episodes and it really helps me tie the story together - like whatever those enzymes are that go behind replicated dna and zip it together. Or... does that happen?

-alice1drland

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:53 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Geoffry looks really
Inbred

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:54 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

PonyPal wrote:
Geoffry looks really
Inbred

That was strongly hinted at in the last episode, wasn't it?

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:10 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I can't wait for Daenerys and Drogo's son to be born. It's going to be one badass baby.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:47 am 

I think the only casting I had issue with so far is Loras Tyrell. The Knight of Flowers is supposed to be swoony and beautiful, but I think the actor is kinda fugly. Just not my type I guess. He seems to be a decent actor though, so I'll get over it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next