| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Bakesale for Japan
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:18 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

The one that I did that was inside, we had people stand outside with a tray of delishousness so we could entice people to come in.

To promote this last one we had all the bloggers/facebook/twitter etc but we also got local radio stations to talk about it while it was happening. That seemed to drive a lot of people in to sale because they were already out and about. There was also a tv news team doing coverage but I don't know if that had an effect. Another thing I always do is write emails to everyone I know (including people I work with) asking them to support it and tell everyone they know and that works out really well, so many of my coworkers came out to these Japan ones. We also reached out the Japanese community and even had our volunteer letter translated to Japanese so they could participate too.

We also reached out to bakeries and business so when they were participating they would cover it as well.

As far as flyers go, this last time I took a stack to every business in the surrounding area of the sale as it was starting. I brought them each a cupcake and asked if we could put up the flyer and let people know and I think that worked pretty well.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:30 pm 
Chard Martyr

LazySmurf wrote:
The one that I did that was inside, we had people stand outside with a tray of delishousness so we could entice people to come in.

To promote this last one we had all the bloggers/facebook/twitter etc but we also got local radio stations to talk about it while it was happening. That seemed to drive a lot of people in to sale because they were already out and about. There was also a tv news team doing coverage but I don't know if that had an effect. Another thing I always do is write emails to everyone I know (including people I work with) asking them to support it and tell everyone they know and that works out really well, so many of my coworkers came out to these Japan ones. We also reached out the Japanese community and even had our volunteer letter translated to Japanese so they could participate too.

We also reached out to bakeries and business so when they were participating they would cover it as well.

As far as flyers go, this last time I took a stack to every business in the surrounding area of the sale as it was starting. I brought them each a cupcake and asked if we could put up the flyer and let people know and I think that worked pretty well.

whoa, you are a pro! Thanks for the tips!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:52 pm 
Hip Goiter

LazySmurf wrote:

That is GENIUS!!! MUST do. So are your other tips! Amazing! Thank you so much for the advice.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:44 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

you are welcome! Just remember to bring a tray that is easy to hold!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:23 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Lazy Smurf, your letter is ROCKIN'! I'm totally gonna use it as a template for our next bake sale. Also, I love the different ways you got the word out.

We had our Bake Sale for Japan on the 2nd, here in Santa Cruz, and we raised $1860 - plus a few more yoga students who weren't able to make it to the bake sale have given me about $150 more in checks. It's so great!

so great!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:42 am 
Hip Goiter

Does anyone have a flyer template that I can use? I found some of yours on google image search; they are AMAZING! With all the colors and graphics and amazingness. I would love to use them. I have no idea how to make something like those and would love the help so I can advertise for the Philly one better. Would love to hear from someone!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:45 pm 
Naked Under Apron

The Dallas one is on Friday April 30th. Just a reminder if you will be in town.

Writing Praying Vegan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:04 pm 
Hip Goiter

HI! Just got home from ours! Our haul for AmeriCares wasn't as impressive as some of yours, but still I think a success. If I counted right, we made about $876! It was a great day. And we may be getting some more small donations from people who couldn't come!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:30 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

How much did other folks charge for their treats? I wonder if our (Philly's) total was lower because we kept our prices low. I think we did an awesome job though!

Do people want to post photos from their bake sales here? I don't have any or I'd post them.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:38 pm 
Hip Goiter

I know some other people said they got businesses to match donations or donate at all, whereas Philly businesses who have disposable funds are suckie.

Laughfrodisiac