| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 415 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: The Voice
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:07 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Who else is watching?
I haven't started watching a new show in...years, but I decided to try this out.

Post subject: Re: The Voice
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:11 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Soooo excited and I FREAKIN LOVE IT!!!!! I think the singers are amazing so far, I love that talented artists are choosing people to coach, that they are chosen based on voice alone, then can choose their own coach (if several), and I happen to be obsessed with Christina Aguilera....Loving it!

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:24 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I actually really like this. I never watched American Idol, and I only tried this because I loooove Cee-Lo and I think Adam Levine is super hot, but I'm really enjoying it.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:49 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I like that they've already weeded it out to the good/better ones. I like it!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:15 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

It's good so far, I just haven't decided yet how I feel that they let semi-pros in for another shhot (or third try, in some of their cases) it kinda makes it feel less authentic? However I will be happy about certain deserving people like Lukas Rossi getting another shot in life as far as singing goes, can't wait for his episode.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:38 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I really wanted to see this. I love the concept of going by the voice alone and the judges not seeing the singer. I like raw, pure talent and don't care much about the "star/idol" package mentality anyhoo. I'll see if it's a selection on my on-demand thingie over the weekend so I can try and catch up.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:48 am 
Venomous Head of Veganism

It didn't feel at all raw to me. It seemed like everyone was extremely polished almost to the point that it seemed staged and hokey.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:51 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

IsaChandra wrote:
It didn't feel at all raw to me. It seemed like everyone was extremely polished almost to the point that it seemed staged and hokey.

like the contestants not being nervous and ready to perform?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:51 am 
Saggy Butt

i thought it was okay..im not a big fan of the singing/dancing competitions.
but im a huge fan of adam levine's fine asparagus so i will keep watching this one. id watch him read a phone book.

i did think it was kind of stupid that the coaches could see each other. if one of them pushed the button, the others would know and they could also see and gauge their reaction. they should have had a screen or something that could collapse or be lifted once the audition was over (so they wouldnt lose the commentary and banter).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:08 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I thought there were some great talented singers. I also like the idea of choosing contestants on voice alone. I'd like to see a show like this for true amateurs. Lindsayh, I like your idea. That would make it more "blind". I'm not sure this one will have me hooked, but I did enjoy the singers.

Kim Cooks Veg 4U Blog (new blog)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:28 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

IsaChandra wrote:

Oh, well, this kind of sucks then. I guess I shouldn't expect a raw talent contest from a major network though (not sure what channel it's on, but pretty sure it's a major network anyhoo). Well, I don't really know what expectations I had for it, other than a vague idea of a blind singing contest that was blinder than what sounds like is happening on the show(other judges seeing who's being chosen and like that). Anyway, I still would like to watch and see what it's all about. I'm tired of AI slick.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:42 pm 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

1strangegirlbygolly! wrote:
However I will be happy about certain deserving people like Lukas Rossi getting another shot in life as far as singing goes, can't wait for his episode.

For reals? How did I not know about this. Guess I'll be season passing on this when I get home.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:50 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I half watched. Cee Lo was adorable, but I hope it gets better.

Did anyone else catch the look in Christina's eyes when the "pretty" contestant said she grew up listening to her music?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:07 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I loved Cee Lo, and I'll probably continue to watch just to see him. I thought a lot of the contestants were talented and interesting. I thought the couple were too cute for words!

I did notice that jdfunks, but just recall thinking, ouch, grew up listening to your music! Like Christina like, 70 years old or something!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:38 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Aw! Vicci Martinez! She plays all over the place around here and was just up the road from us last Saturday. She's super cute and very talented.

I liked it. I'm not a connoisseur of singing shows, but I like the premise and the fact that the wheat has already been separated from the chaff a bit. I think Cee Lo totally has the best team so far.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:24 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i didn't watch, but i just found out that frenchie davis was on so i looked up her clip online. now i'm intrigued.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:41 pm 
Saggy Butt

she was not that good, imo.
christina aguilera "picked" her and seemed to regret it when no one else did.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:08 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I didn't think Frenchie was that good at all. There were a couple others that I didn't think were that great that were picked, and some where I wondered why the judges too so long. I'm sure there's some staging, but I liked that they were all at least good to start with.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:58 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Pinko wrote:
Aw! Vicci Martinez! She plays all over the place around here and was just up the road from us last Saturday. She's super cute and very talented.

I liked it. I'm not a connoisseur of singing shows, but I like the premise and the fact that the wheat has already been separated from the chaff a bit. I think Cee Lo totally has the best team so far.

I loved her!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:27 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I kinda like this show! It made me feel way uncomfortable when they didn't push a button for anybody, though. I seriously love Blake. He's hilarious! Him and Cee-lo completely make up for the tension between Christina and Adam. Personally, I think Adam Levine is a sexist dick, but why is Christina so mad at him? I wonder if something happened off camera or something.

I'm glad Frenchie got picked because the AI disqualification was completely bogus. I hope she sings better next week because she was my favorite back then. Christina definitely has the weakest team, though.

My two faves are Javier and Beverly. Javier just has supreme talent. And I adore Beverly's energy.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:32 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I got to see much of this now in reruns.

My faves (so far) are Tsenia (sp? the young 16-year-old girl. Her voice seems incredibly mature and restrained for her age. I thought she was beautifully subtle and amazing - Blake's team)

I loved the girl who reworked "Come As You Are" (Rebecca, I think her name was, she went onto Adam's team). She has those hitches or breaks in her voice I love. There's a word for them, you know when the voice cracks a bit, but not for loss of control because I think she has them under complete control and they're for effect. Cracks in the right place. I loved the arrangement.

I loved Jeff, the country guy who all four turned around for (I think they all turned around for Javier, too, who is awesome). Country supastar in the works! I think Jeff went to Blake's team.

I liked this show. I heard lots of great voices.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:38 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

jdfunks wrote:
I half watched. Cee Lo was adorable, but I hope it gets better.

Did anyone else catch the look in Christina's eyes when the "pretty" contestant said she grew up listening to her music?

I totally saw that.

I am liking Cee Lo and Blake a lot.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:48 pm 
Hip Goiter

I really like this show! I was a die-hard Idol fan for the first like 8 seasons, give or take a Carrie or a Jordan season. Then it got really annoying and I had to stop. I'm so glad a good singing show is back!

Oh yeah Mo so glad about Frenchie! I was nervous for her bc that song didn't show off her voice. But I almost cried of happiness when Cee Lo turned around and said "Oh hey Frenchie!" That was so cool!

Laughfrodisiac

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:31 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

gaia13 wrote:
1strangegirlbygolly! wrote:
However I will be happy about certain deserving people like Lukas Rossi getting another shot in life as far as singing goes, can't wait for his episode.

For reals? How did I not know about this. Guess I'll be season passing on this when I get home.

Yeah, exciting, isn't it? Not sure exactly where I heard that Lukas Rossi is going to be on, but I did hear it somewhere.

Guys, I don't know if is for tonight's episode or not, but I saw a promo ad for The Voice that had a guy singing Cee Lo to...Cee Lo! Ooohhh, has the potential to be either really really great, or just horrible and awkward! Anyone heard the guy who does it that I'm talking about? Anyways, can't wait for it to be ontonight, yay!

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:47 pm 
Hip Goiter

Ooh that's ballsy! And at least a person singing Cee Lo in front of Cee Lo isn't as horrendous an idea as singing Christina in front of Christina.

Laughfrodisiac

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 415 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next