| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1079 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 44  Next
 Post subject: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:40 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

We need a LUSH thread in the new forum! Come talk about expensive-but-amazing body products with me!

I am kind of pissed that they discontinued Candy Fluff. I don't know why they would, because it seems to be pretty popular. I like to use it to top off after rubbing the Heavanilli massage bar across my arms. It smells soooo goooood.

Do any of you have the Vanillary perfume? I'd like to have it because it smells wonderful (and makes my boyfriend want to jump my bones on the spot), but I've heard that it isn't very long-lasting.

edit: this should be in The Mall. I forgot that this isn't just The Bathroom anymore. Sorry!

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

Post subject: Re: A thread about LUSH!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:46 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Ooooh. Yesterday a coworker "totally surreptitiously" questioned me about my favourite Lush products. And it's about a month till my birthday. :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:22 pm 
Saggy Butt

Jigglypuff wrote:
I am kind of pissed that they discontinued Candy Fluff. I don't know why they would, because it seems to be pretty popular.

I was pissed off when they discontinued their Go Green range - that stuff was awesome!

Not tried the vanilla perfume, I'm in love with their Karma perfume.

Breeder of dust bunnies.
Hermit in training.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:36 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I've been really broke since I went and bought a house like a responsible grownup, so I'm kinda at the point where I'd crawl across a field of broken glass for another set of I Love Juicy and Veganese. And a few bars of Sultana of Soap. And the Godiva solid shampoo. And a block of Aromarant deodorant.

I'm not a bath-taker, but I have a Sicilian bath bomb that I keep in our spare bedroom as an air freshener. Heavenly.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:07 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

stephanie wrote:
I'm kinda at the point where I'd crawl across a field of broken glass

Hahahahaha! I feel ya. I'm a broke-ass student right now, and I just want to get my hands on some Godiva, Veganese, and Sexy Peel.

WILL WORK FOR LUSH.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:47 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

The new Maple Taffy lip balm. So. Amazing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:30 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

I love the porridge soap, I find it perfect in the winter to contrast those cold dark mornings.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:07 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Recent discons I'm most annoyed about was Amazonian and Tramp. I am looking forward to the new Christmas massage bar though, from descriptions the fragrance sounds kind of weird like something by Etat Libre d'Orange (boozy spicy citrus with slight bubble gum). Also looking forward to Glogg, the new Christmas shower gel.

Godiva fans, doesn't it have lanolin? I love that scent so would be happy if it is vegan.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:37 pm 

melanie wrote:
Godiva fans, doesn't it have lanolin? I love that scent so would be happy if it is vegan.

Congrats! No lanolin!
Lush USA
Lush NZ

I just want to put a bar of Godiva shampoo in a paper bag and huff it.

Last edited by stephanie on Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:50 pm 

Amazing! This AND BlueBird salt and vinegar chips.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:37 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

maygles wrote:
The new Maple Taffy lip balm. So. Amazing.

I ordered this from the UK and didn't like it, but then I found out I got one from a bad batch and they are sending me a new one with some free stuff! I can't wait to try the new Maple Taffy.

My must-have products are Angels on Bare Skin (Buche de Noel is becoming my favorite though), Celestial, Jungle, Buffy, Karma dusting powder, and a variety of bubble bars (Ma Bar, Karma, and Psychodelic are favorites). I have decided that the bath bombs, soaps, shower gels, liquid shampoos and conditioners are too expensive so I rarely buy them anymore. I did buy some Glogg though because it is so festive! It is really spicy and boozy.

I am still mourning the loss of Aromacreme, the only vegan deodorant that has ever worked for me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:49 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Oh and thank you so much, Bun, for recommending Imperialis to me! :D <3 <3 <3
You were right, it's the perfect face cream for my skin (or possibly anyone's). And it smells nice, too.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:25 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Phoenix wrote:
Oh and thank you so much, Bun, for recommending Imperialis to me! :D <3 <3 <3
You were right, it's the perfect face cream for my skin (or possibly anyone's). And it smells nice, too.

Ohhh amazing :D! <3 It's lovely, isn't it?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:28 am 

I think a lot of their products are discontinued for sourcing reasons, and I'm okay with that. Last time I was at Lush, the woman working there told me they'd discontinued X because they were using too much of a particular natural resource (I forget which product it was--sorry). But I think it's fantastic that they're conscious of things like that.

I use their squeaky green shampoo, the jungle conditioner (I have short hair, so it works), and the ultrabalm. I also really like the aromeco deodorant, as I'm not too proud to smell like patchouli.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:43 am 
Spent a night at the Bates Motel

I love the Christmas range this year- I'm really into spicy products, so I'm all about Glogg, Winter Bath, Gingerbread House bubble bar, etc. Maple Taffy is yummy. I surprisingly really dig the Snow Fairy lip tint. The new fragrances are nice, I especially like Imogen Rose, and I typically don't go for floral scents.
I just left LUSH after 2.5 years and I gotta say, it is a super rad place to work, so if you're obsessed with the products, consider applying for a position! The discount is crazy good, the people are fun, and the company is as good to its employees as it is to the environment and animals.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:52 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I really miss working for Lush! I worked there for 2 and a half years and only left when I started training to be a teacher and realised it was going to be too much to do both.

I am in looove with Maple Taffy and Snow Fairy lip tint- I am not crazy about the smell of the Snow Fairy but the colour is cute and flattering. It looks like it'd make a sweet cheek tint too. I also adore Angels Delight soap- jelly beans!

Of the 'classic' products, I'd wither and die if Sympathy for the Skin got disconned. It's one of the most underrated products- super moisturising, smells amazing and I find it helps improve the appearance of my KP! For skin care, I use Enzymion for the day to soak up the oil my skin is so good at making and Imperialis at night to balance the T-zone and even out my complexion. I cleanse daily with Fresh Farmacy, give my skin a treat once a week with Saving Face and exfoliate once a week with Dark Angels. I miss my discount for reals!

I just started using Aqua Marina this week as I have been finding the FF too drying recently. However, I have come up in massive red spots, including in places I don't normally get them, and I am wondering if this is just a temporary effect of the deep cleansing kaolin... I am not sure whether to stick things out and look for improvement or just to give it up now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:29 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I really want to work for lush.... but I'd never get an actual paycheque I'd just get product...

I love their snow fairy lip tint a bunch.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:06 pm 

Hmm, I might add the Snow Fairy lip tint to my next order now. I like the colour of the Double Chocolate one a lot, but the texture is a bit hard to work with (grittyish) and drying.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:30 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

stephanie wrote:
I'm not a bath-taker, but I have a Sicilian bath bomb that I keep in our spare bedroom as an air freshener. Heavenly.

That is farking BRILLIANT.

I LOVE the bath bombs but don't have a tub in my place, but I wish I could get my apartment to smell a little fresher (I leave my windows open as long as possible through the season because I just like having fresh air circulating) and bath bombs is SUCH A GOOD IDEA. Beats the hell of that nasty aerosol air "refresher" crepe that I had to give up on because it is just so gross.

Thank you!

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:41 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

Nickalya wrote:
I really want to work for lush.... but I'd never get an actual paycheque I'd just get product...

I just started working for the Brisbane City store and I'm afraid this will happen to me! It is a really fun place to work.
Stuff I used before I worked there: henna, shampoo bars, Veganese conditioner, olive branch shower gel, None of your Beeswax lipbalm, Breath of Fresh Air toner, Celestial moisturizer (I used it in Germany but it's too much for Brisbane spring/summer)
What I've bought since working there: Herbalism cleanser, Imperialis moisturizer (both out of this world for my skin!), Big shampoo, Porridge soap, Calacas shower jelly (Love!)
Every time I go to work my mental list of things to buy grows! haha Angels Delight soap is amazing, so fruity and tropical! I also like Miranda soap and might buy some soon. I'm definitely going to get some Maple Taffy lipbalm and Jungle conditioner.

Have you smelled Ice Wine shower jelly yet? Oh. My. God! We only have it in a gift right now, can't wait til we get it individually.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:31 am 
Ninja Master

They've discontinued their old solid perfumes and I loved the Honey I Washed the Kids one and the soap isn't vegan. :(

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:52 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Are you guys high? The Godiva shampoo smells like a candle!

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:00 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

baps wrote:
They've discontinued their old solid perfumes and I loved the Honey I Washed the Kids one and the soap isn't vegan. :(

this makes me super sad too.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:04 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

We use the Ultra Balm around here daily for dry skin and ouchy bits. I do like Cynthia Sylvia Stout - but it has SLS - and I don't like that but it is such a nice shampoo. I love Candy Fluff but after this last tub I was not going to buy more (due to talc) so I am glad I can't buy it!
Angels on Bare Skin is my fave scrub, it is so gentle. Most scrubs leave my skin all blotch and red - this does not!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:08 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I love their shower bombs. Love.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1079 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 44  Next