| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hotel near SFO?
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:32 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I have posted about my four day SF adventure in another thread, but I just needed some quick advice about a hotel near the airport. I fly into San Francisco from New Zealand on my first day in the US, I get in at about 10am then I fly out to Denver for a conference the following day at 10am. For this first very brief visit, could anyone recommend a good hotel near SFO I could look at booking at? I figure I will go spend the day in San Francisco, then back to the hotel to sleep so I can just easily get to the airport the next morning.
(I will then come back to spend more time in San Francisco after going to Denver-Seattle-Portland, and will stay somewhere in SF then, but just need somewhere convenient to the airport for this one night stay).

Post subject: Re: Hotel near SFO?
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:59 am 
Saggy Butt

No Idea. It's only a 30 minute BART ride to the Airport from Downtown -- I'd just stay in the city.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:31 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

There are mostly the basic, international chains: Holiday Inn, Mariott, Sheraton, etc. This one has a 24 hour shuttle to the airport: http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/ ... a/index.do which will be helpful if you want to explore the city a little bit that afternoon, because you can BART in.

I think it makes sense to stay at an airport hotel because that will give you door-to-door service and you won't have to carry your luggage very far and you'll be able to sleep in a bit more. I would just look for one that has regular shuttle services, so once you check in, you can take the shuttle back to the airport and then take BART into SF.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:45 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

My Mom stayed at the Best Western the night before her flight, it was at 7am. She said it wasn't anything fancy, but it was clean and had shuttle service.