| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Boston VegFest
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:14 pm 
Cranky

So awesome! I got to see Joshivore (and he even remembered who I was) and I saw Terry making tamales! Then I went to Sudo and bought some shoes.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:22 pm 
ugh

Oh man, I hope all the same awesome stuff that I heard was there today is there again tomorrow!

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:29 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

so much fun guys! met up with bergedy at the Fest and then vegetalion and her bf at Grasshopper- it was awesome, thanks for hanging out!

I got some good samples, but right when we left the Fest around noon people were already starting to push and shove and be generally rude. Still, a good time all around. Oh and I recognized Joshivore from his photos and said hi, he prolly thought I was some crazy person.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:36 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

How was Sudo Shoes? I can't wait to go. Do they have any winter boots yet?

Glad you all had such a good time!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:40 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I passed by the Sudo Shoes table but didn't really stop and look. I did buy some really nice eucalyptus soap from Leap Organics, just used it in my shower and was awesome. I highly recommend if anyone's going tomorrow.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:32 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Quarantined wrote:

I got some good samples, but right when we left the Fest around noon people were already starting to push and shove and be generally rude. Still, a good time all around. Oh and I recognized Joshivore from his photos and said hi, he prolly thought I was some crazy person.

This is correct! There were some good samples but the crowd got too big and some people were rude! My husband and I had some yummy spring rolls from Loving Hut! My favorite things were the Ployes and the Vegan Cowgirl Steaks!
We bought a cookbook and a t-shirt and some stickers! What happened with the Wheeler's Frozen Desserts? They had just gotten there around noon as we were leaving.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:46 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

vegefattien wrote:
Quarantined wrote:

This is correct! There were some good samples but the crowd got too big and some people were rude! My husband and I had some yummy spring rolls from Loving Hut! My favorite things were the Ployes and the Vegan Cowgirl Steaks!
We bought a cookbook and a t-shirt and some stickers! What happened with the Wheeler's Frozen Desserts? They had just gotten there around noon as we were leaving.

oh god...the Cowgirl Steaks..so good.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:47 pm 
Cranky

egarmon wrote:
How was Sudo Shoes? I can't wait to go. Do they have any winter boots yet?

Glad you all had such a good time!

Really cool! They had some winter boots, but more of the fashiony kinds than the practical. I got the Millie flats (they had them at VegFest, they're the black ones with the purple cutout flowers). I've been drooling over them online since Vegetarian Shoes came out with them.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:14 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

I think I may have to check this out tomorrow...

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:53 am 
ugh

Quarantined wrote:
I did buy some really nice eucalyptus soap from Leap Organics, just used it in my shower and was awesome. I highly recommend if anyone's going tomorrow.

This brand is stocked at Natural Food Exchange in Reading, MA if any north shore folks want to find it later (and it's a cool store to check out anyway).

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:05 pm 
Chip Strong

I had planned on going on Sunday, but spending all Saturday getting ready for my Halloween party wore me out and I decided not to go. I was reading about it on SuperVegan and I guess there was some dude walking around with chicken he brought from outside? Gross.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:02 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Did anyone go on Sunday? I went Saturday and was totally bummed that Vegan Treats wasn't there, I was wondering if they ended up being there Sunday.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:20 pm 
Naked Under Apron

I went Sunday, and Vegan Treats was not there. I was really bummed too. I had been looking forward to the kind of mesmerizing sugary display I have so far only seen in pictures.

Luckily I also did not see or hear about the chicken man.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:55 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

bap wrote:
Did anyone go on Sunday? I went Saturday and was totally bummed that Vegan Treats wasn't there, I was wondering if they ended up being there Sunday.

I couldn't find them on Saturday either and was also disappointed. The Vegfest website seemed to indicate they would be there. Though I found no mention of it on Vegan Treats website or Twitter.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/SimplyVegan
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/vegchicblog
Instagram: http://instagram.com/vegchicblog

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:48 pm 
Chip Strong

Dang, if Vegan Treats was absent on Sunday I feel a tad less guilty.