| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Guide to being vegan at Starbucks
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 6:31 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I didn't see a thread like this anywhere. For all us Starbucks whores, post the vegan friendly choices available & your location :) I tried looking online to confirm a few things but not much came up.

Victoria: bakery items-ginger molasses cookies, multigrain bagels. Snack foods-mixed salted nuts.

That's about all that I know of, I wish there was more to choose from. I heard that the oat are and fruit & oat bars might be vegan but I cannot confirm.

Post away!

Gumboots & Cats Facebook Page
http://www.gumbootsandcats.tumblr.com/
http://www.gumbootsandcats.blogspot.com/
http://www.gumbootscatsvegansnacks.wordpress.com/

Post subject: Re: Guide to being vegan at Starbucks
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 6:38 pm 
Semen Strong

There is a thread here about Starbucks chai: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6469&hilit=starbucks%2A

And this one about the different syrups you can get: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5174&hilit=starbucks%2A

Our local Starbucks have vegan cookies and lots of salted nut snacks. I don't know if the bagels are vegan though.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 1:49 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

At Australian starbucks you can get yummy dark chocolate. That's the only non-coffee thing I've bought there.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:16 am 
Has Isa on speed dial

The ones around me have lots of almonds and raw blueberry snack bars, etc, but some of those contain honey. I used to work at a Starbucks and have never seen the Chai concentrate without honey :( I even got all excited when I read some places had it and thought maybe they'd changed their recipe, but I had some employees check it for me and no luck.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:55 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

careful with bakery goods! if you don't check online for your postal/zip code, the information might not be correct, as they are baked regionally with variations in the product. in nanaimo, the oat bars are absolutely not vegan - butter and oats and sugar. so gross. neither is the ginger molasses cookie. the blueberry bar is vegan though.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:05 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I've never ordered food from S'bucks. I often look in their case of baked goods, and since nothing is labelled vegan I don't bother.

I think the oatmeal is vegan though.

Formerly rad.badger

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:59 am 

bodhi wrote:
careful with bakery goods! if you don't check online for your postal/zip code, the information might not be correct, as they are baked regionally with variations in the product. in nanaimo, the oat bars are absolutely not vegan - butter and oats and sugar. so gross. neither is the ginger molasses cookie. the blueberry bar is vegan though.

Dang, thankfully I have never tried the oat bar as I was suspicious that it would be vegan, the ginger molasses cookies however...I have consumed many :(

They were out of blueberry bars so I have a low fat fruit bar this morning :)

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:48 am 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

Boston area Starbucks have started having little fruit snack thingies. They're really tasty, and ingredients are vegan! (nice short ingredients, too, and stuff I can pronounce!)

Otherwise, I just stay away from the bake case. I used to LOVE Starbucks treats, and I know if I could eat them again, it would be a bad situation, haha.

If I recall, it was declared a while back that the Frappuccino base is vegan, as long as you don't get the light version. So a soy Frapp is vegan, which is bad news for me, but great news for my taste buds.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:26 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

DarthCupcake wrote:
If I recall, it was declared a while back that the Frappuccino base is vegan, as long as you don't get the light version. So a soy Frapp is vegan, which is bad news for me, but great news for my taste buds.

Besides the light Frappuccinos, also stay away from the Java Chip ones, and be sure to ask for no caramel drizzle on the Caramel ones.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:52 am 
Ninja Master

The UK has a falafel panini which is vegan and dark chocolate bars which are as well. I don't think any of their baked goods are vegan.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:25 am 
ugh

DarthCupcake wrote:

Yesss, soy green tea frappuccino is my fav, though it is not often listed on the menu.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:30 am 
Semen Strong

lilyyw wrote:
DarthCupcake wrote:

Besides the light Frappuccinos, also stay away from the Java Chip ones, and be sure to ask for no caramel drizzle on the Caramel ones.

Also remember to say "No whip" because their whipped cream is dairy-based, and they may not ask you if you want it or not.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:28 am 
Human Gravy

If you have a Starbucks card and register it online, after you purchase 5 drinks with it, you get a free soy *upgrade* on all future drinks purchased with the card. I know it seems wacky to keep putting money on a Starbucks card, but they do charge like 50 cents extra for soy.

They also send you a coupon for a free birthday drink!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:45 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Allison, not Alison wrote:
If you have a Starbucks card and register it online, after you purchase 5 drinks with it, you get a free soy *upgrade* on all future drinks purchased with the card. I know it seems wacky to keep putting money on a Starbucks card, but they do charge like 50 cents extra for soy.

Whoa, that is good to know! I always get a little flash of irritation when I get that extra charge for soy. It's 60¢ at the one I normally go to.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:56 am 

molly wrote:
Allison, not Alison wrote:

Whoa, that is good to know! I always get a little flash of irritation when I get that extra charge for soy. It's 60¢ at the one I normally go to.

Yep, I got the Starbucks card for this reason and regularly reload.

Plus, every 15 or so drinks, you get a free drink!

You also get free syrups, if you like syrups, and you get free refills of drip coffee in-store.

I feel like a corporate hors d'oeuvre every time I reload my card, but I don't care. I enjoy not getting charged for soy, and getting free drinks and whatnot!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:44 am 
Semen Strong

You do have to buy a certain number of drinks a year to retain your status (Gold if you want the free drink every 15 drinks or Green if you just want free syrups or soy (just remember they only give you certain syrups free so if there is an unusual one ie black cherry it costs extra).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:44 am 
Semen Strong

doublepost. Apologies.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:24 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

b.vicious wrote:
DarthCupcake wrote:

Yesss, soy green tea frappuccino is my fav, though it is not often listed on the menu.

Yum! That ones my favorite, too!

ETA: http://veganmatters.org/2011/05/06/vegan-sweetness-at-starbucks/
Mocha coconut... Mmm...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:46 pm 

ndpittman wrote:
b.vicious wrote:
DarthCupcake wrote:

Yum! That ones my favorite, too!

ETA: http://veganmatters.org/2011/05/06/vegan-sweetness-at-starbucks/
Mocha coconut... Mmm...

Mocha coconut is amazing! It tastes like liquid samoa, from back in the day when I could still have Girl Scout Cookies.

It is the most wonderful thing ever and I have to resist them constantly.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:47 pm 
Saggy Butt

i havent verified this but i asked the barista at my sbucks if the mocha coconut frapp base had dairy and she said it did. does anyone know for sure? id like to try it if its vegan.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:51 pm 
Semen Strong

lindsayh wrote:
i havent verified this but i asked the barista at my sbucks if the mocha coconut frapp base had dairy and she said it did. does anyone know for sure? id like to try it if its vegan.

More verification than the link posted above your post?
http://veganmatters.org/2011/05/06/vega ... starbucks/

Quote:
Anyway, several of the frappuccinos at Starbucks are vegan, if made with soy milk in lieu of cow milk and without the whipped cream on top. One of those is the brand-new mocha coconut frappuccino… I’m enjoying it right now and it’s absolutely delicious.

Leave the whipped cream off and you're good to go.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:49 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

DarthCupcake wrote:
I feel like a corporate hors d'oeuvre every time I reload my card, but I don't care. I enjoy not getting charged for soy, and getting free drinks and whatnot!

Same here. You also get a free drink if you buy a pound of coffee with the SBux card (and, whether or not you have a card, you get a free cup of coffee if you bring in an empty pound bag of coffee).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:58 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I got a Starbucks gift card for my birthday and signed up for the rewards card thing a week later. They still send me the postcard for the free birthday drink! And when I went to use it, I ordered a grande and the barista was like dude, get a venti...its free! :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:59 pm 

bodhi wrote:

I just did a search via their webiste http://www.starbucks.com/menu/catalog/nutrition?drink=all#view_control=nutrition&region=BC&drinks_clear=on&food=bakery&allergen=milk&allergen=egg&allergen=fish and the bluberry bars are not listed :( but the molasses cookies are!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:50 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Momo wrote:
bodhi wrote:

I just did a search via their webiste http://www.starbucks.com/menu/catalog/nutrition?drink=all#view_control=nutrition&region=BC&drinks_clear=on&food=bakery&allergen=milk&allergen=egg&allergen=fish and the bluberry bars are not listed :( but the molasses cookies are!

interesting! i searched on starbucks.ca, so not sure if that's why it was different. i also searched my city, i think..

eta: if they are vegan, my life will improve so much! : D haha

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next