| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2043 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 82  Next
 Post subject: Re: Beachbody Fitness (P90X, Insanity, etc.)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:57 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

is the program the $2.99 a week thing? or is there something else i need to buy? i have a yoga mat a couple weights and a medicine ball and i think a band...somewhere. i could probably get a pull up bar for my closet.

i am going to read your blog!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:33 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

littlebear wrote:
is the program the $2.99 a week thing? or is there something else i need to buy? i have a yoga mat a couple weights and a medicine ball and i think a band...somewhere. i could probably get a pull up bar for my closet.

i am going to read your blog!

The $2.99/week is the deluxe version of the Beachbody forum which includes meal planning (not even remotely vegan) and personalized chats, chances to enter drawings to win money every day (for working out) - oh, right - here's the list of what you get with the deluxe membership -

The program itself is $120 BUT right now you can join as a Beachbody coach for free for the first month (14.95/month after that) and then you get a 25% discount on everything they sell - all the programs and equipment (and the supplements and shakeology, but that doesn't matter to us yet). Then you can either quit being a coach or you can stay on. If anyone is interested in being a coach, let me know and I'll send you some videos.

I originally used a torrent but now I have the legit discs.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:12 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I have heard a lot about P90X lately. Does it require any super special equipment? It would take serious planning on my part as far as the meal plan, but I am considering it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:19 pm 

I think that if you just eat very clean and add a little extra protein I think you'll be fine.

In the old thread I linked to something you could put in a door to use bands to modify pull-ups - I might have gotten that instead of a pull-up bar if I knew it existed before I bought the bar.

Weights mostly.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:30 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

sweet, I'm stoked to see so many other vegans rocking the P90X!

my husband and I are on day 28 of our first ever round of P90X classic at the moment and we both absolutely love it.
I skim-read the nutrition plan and put it back in it's box, haven't looked at it again. But we eat pretty good anyway, so, yeah...

really really excited to get into week five starting Friday morning, keen as to get moving with some weights again : )

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:37 pm 

Hurray! A newbie and a P90Xer?

I just started a BB Vegan thread :) http://teambeachbody.com/connect/messag ... y/19535469

And yeah, I just skimmed the nutrition guide, and aside from the number of servings of whatever group per day, not so useful. But they sent me "Thin Kitchen" book with my Coach Kit that has vegan recipes in it! Labeled vegan and everything!

Also? I'm totally imagining a scenario where Vegans takeover and dominate beachbody sales and make millions. Really. Updating soon.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:43 pm 

appifanie wrote:

yup. I totally feel like I'm cheating, because I was a frequent-lurker never-poster on the old ppk, but I actually live over at vegweb.com
But seeing y'all are so new and shiny I had to come check it out and now my work productivity may be slipping to allll time lows, but whatev

I have browsed but not signed up for/participated on the beachbody forums for fear of wasting even more time, but if there's a vegan group over there . . .

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:54 pm 

oncewerewesties wrote:
appifanie wrote:

yup. I totally feel like I'm cheating, because I was a frequent-lurker never-poster on the old ppk, but I actually live over at vegweb.com
But seeing y'all are so new and shiny I had to come check it out and now my work productivity may be slipping to allll time lows, but whatev

I have browsed but not signed up for/participated on the beachbody forums for fear of wasting even more time, but if there's a vegan group over there . . .

There's a group too! "PPK Vegans" :) All vegans welcome, but there were a few inactive vegan groups so I wanted to distinguish. It's not that much of a time suck, actually. Sign up! It'd also be cool if you'd add me as a coach because this makes me sad:

(I actually have 3 other customers, but they've moved out of "new": )

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:05 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Rach*n wrote:
I have heard a lot about P90X lately. Does it require any super special equipment? It would take serious planning on my part as far as the meal plan, but I am considering it.

All I use at the moment are hand weights, a chair, a yoga mat. I don't have a pull up bar or resistance bands so I have to skip those. I'll get bands once I move house.

appifanie wrote:
oncewerewesties wrote:
appifanie wrote:

There's a group too! "PPK Vegans" :) All vegans welcome, but there were a few inactive vegan groups so I wanted to distinguish. It's not that much of a time suck, actually.

OWW - you should join the BB forums too! Appi and I post in the Womens results thread and like she said there's the PPK Vegans group. And we're around the same mark, it's day 27 for me!! I even bought scales so I can weigh myself, I was previously using the Wii but we've packed it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:08 pm 

Kitteh wrote:
OWW - you should join the BB forums too! Appi and I post in the Womens results thread and like she said there's the PPK Vegans group. And we're around the same mark, it's day 27 for me!! I even bought scales so I can weigh myself, I was previously using the Wii but we've packed it.

haha I'm trying to, but my country choices are limited to United States or Canada, and when I picked a random state and made up a random post code it pinged me and told me to add a valid zip : (

Anyone wanna loan me their zip code? haha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:10 pm 

My old one is Kittery, ME 03867 :) (I'm in denial about my current one; )

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:34 pm 

cool, well, I'm signed up and don't really know what to do now, but as it's nearly lunch time and I've done ~ zero work so far today, I'm not gonna spend any time looking into it just now!

: )

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:36 pm 

No work by noon! I approve :D Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:46 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

oncewerewesties wrote:
Kitteh wrote:

haha I'm trying to, but my country choices are limited to United States or Canada, and when I picked a random state and made up a random post code it pinged me and told me to add a valid zip : (

Anyone wanna loan me their zip code? haha

I should have mentioned that, I picked a street in Portland and used that as my address!

Appi, I'm going to check out your new vegan thread!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:00 pm 

Kitteh wrote:
I should have mentioned that, I picked a street in Portland and used that as my address!

I saw that :D My magical printout says you live in PDX!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:07 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

appifanie wrote:
Kitteh wrote:

I saw that :D My magical printout says you live in PDX!

Hee! Why would I want to pretend to live anywhere else?

I think I should get around to putting something in my profile that says I'm actually an Aussie! I know there was another Aussie in the womens thread, I don't know what her location was.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:13 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I tried the nutrition plan, too, but it just drove me nuts. I'm basically doing Thrive, but with more soy, fewer nuts, and a couple Clif Builder Bars thrown in. I can't stop buying them, even though I said I would! They're just so convenient in the morning, and filling!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:28 pm 

designedtobekind wrote:
I tried the nutrition plan, too, but it just drove me nuts. I'm basically doing Thrive, but with more soy, fewer nuts, and a couple Clif Builder Bars thrown in. I can't stop buying them, even though I said I would! They're just so convenient in the morning, and filling!

I just went like 4 or 5 days without a Clif bar and I just ate one and it wasn't as good as before and made me feel kinda funny.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:38 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

designedtobekind wrote:

I was going to try the nutrition plan but by the time I thought about it was already in week 3 so instead I've started tracking calories via Calorie King and I'm ignoring the daily limit (1400) set by Calorie King and instead aiming for 1600-1700ish.

I can't get Clif bars here but we did have Larabars.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:01 pm 

Kitteh wrote:
designedtobekind wrote:

I was going to try the nutrition plan but by the time I thought about it was already in week 3 so instead I've started tracking calories via Calorie King and I'm ignoring the daily limit (1400) set by Calorie King and instead aiming for 1600-1700ish.

Good girl! And Tony disapproves of Clif bars anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:28 pm 

ha, even if we had them here I imagine those bars would be priced way the hell outta our budget.
But I do have a selection at home I was lucky enough to receive from a vegweb gift exchange, though they seem so precious I'm too scared to eat them haha.

speaking of things Tony disapproves of, he's pretty much a dairy-free pescatarian, yeah?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:36 pm 

oncewerewesties wrote:
speaking of things Tony disapproves of, he's pretty much a dairy-free pescatarian, yeah?

I'm attempting to determine the levels of Tony's veganness. He totes the recovery drinks in the P90X videos that are from 2004, but in the last chat I saw with him, he was all about Vega. And almond milk. He posted a list of foods not to eat and one of them was "anything with a face."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:41 pm 

appifanie wrote:
I'm attempting to determine the levels of Tony's veganness. He totes the recovery drinks in the P90X videos that are from 2004, but in the last chat I saw with him, he was all about Vega. And almond milk. He posted a list of foods not to eat and one of them was "anything with a face."

I've looked up a few interviews and he definitely pushes the 'nothing with a face' idea.
I read something where he says he 'occasionally' eats free range organic eggs 'because they don't have a face' [?!?] but yeah, he seems to be dairy free for sure. Not sure if he's still eating fish though...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:02 pm 

source: http://tghn.wordpress.com/coaches-corner/

Tony Horton’s Food Power Challenge

Day 55-ish. No alcohol. No caffeine. Nothing with a face. (I’m eating organic eggs once in a while – they don’t have a face) No gluten. No processed sugar. I’d rather GO HUNGRY than eat crepe. I’m super strong, sleep like a baby, have tons of energy and FIRED UP! Why would I ever eat meat, ice cream, cheese, bagels or chocolate again? Radical? Rare? Revolutionary? Maybe. Does the way I feel supersede a few minutes of oral satisfaction? Without a doubt.

source: http://www.beachbody.com/product/314.do ... Y#article2

Beachbody: World Gym doesn't exactly seem like the kind of place to foster your holistic approach, so you must have added your own spin on fitness. For example, most bodybuilders are in to eating massive amounts of protein yet you're a vegetarian. Why is that?

TH: I don't buy into the protein myth. You need it, sure, but not in those massive amounts. I basically became a vegetarian because I just thought meat was nasty. I got sick of eating chicken. I was trying to eat as healthy as possible. I like eating vegetables because they make me feel good. I like not eating fatty junk because I feel bad. I do still eat fish, so I'm not a true vegetarian.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:33 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Thanks for that OWW, I'm glad he's at least pesc. and influencing other people. I've said this to Appi before but I love in the videos whenever he says "non-dairy I hope!" in response to anyone that says they're stirring chowder or bisque! And that newsletter was great, I hope a lot of people follow his lead.

appifanie wrote:
Kitteh wrote:
designedtobekind wrote:

Good girl! And Tony disapproves of Clif bars anyway.

:D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2043 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 82  Next