All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: I need a name for my vegan muffin Co. Already have one b
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:50 pm 
ol' garly cooch

yay! i'm so excited for you!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:34 am 
Not NOT A Furry

What a great logo! Congrats and good luck to you! Making money while doing something that you love is a big, fat WIN!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:40 am 
Not NOT A Furry

andi_vert wrote:
Yay! Thanks for adding us : D

Daaamn, you guys! I'm so forking excited. I never thought we would get such a good response!
We we're supposed to be selling from Noon to 7 PM, people started buying approximately at 2 and we ran out of muffins at 3 PM.
If everything goes well, our stuff will be available at small coffee shops (just a few) and at a veggie restaurant that will open soon.

!!

I'm sitting here with a sleeping baby on my lap. My stomach is growling so loudly from looking at these pics that it is causing the baby to stir. Hehehe...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:09 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Love the name, logo, and the goodies! This is very exciting! I'm glad you got such a good response. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:29 pm 
Totally sane, not interested in bats whatsoever.

Bleh, our little vegan muffin thing is on standby at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:03 am 
Just Loathin' Around!

Boo! What happened? Are you not getting sales? Did your location close? You were selling at a market, right?

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:50 pm 
WELFARIST!

Quote:
Hmmphh. I don't know what to do...
I really want to keep selling muffins and other vegan goodies (viewtopic.php?f=34&t=6425), but since we left the stupid "organic" "farmers' market" I don't know what to do..

The dude that rented us the space we had is a freaking douche. He wanted me to help other vendors (like the honey lady; they're friends). I tried to explain him why I couldn't use honey in my products, but he just took that like a rude response and said "But she pampers her bees!".

I'd say more, but that should go in my own thread, hehe.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=155&start=11175

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:27 am 

Ha! Thanks Mr. Shankly n_n

I may post more details tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:54 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Yeah, I saw that but I was wondering more in depth. It sucks to have gotten started and have to stop so quick.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:35 am 

I don't know why am I answering this so late, but here I am.

Here's the story:
There's a wannabe Farmers' Market here in Tijuana that claims to offer local organic products and other stuff. About 7 years ago, I started baking (non-vegan box mixes) and when I started following real recipes I got a little hooked on baking.
Fast forward to 2010, I went vegan and wanted to do something. Suddenly this year I found myself developing a muffin recipe, talking to this "Farmers' Market" person that can't understand veganism and renting a space in a mall outside a movie theater.
My boyfriend made a logo, we bought a tent, my mom got a cupcake carrier for me and we were ready to roll.

The thing is that the muffins were way too cheap so we weren't really earning a thing. Just enough to keep paying the Farmers' Market rent and to buy more ingredients each week. We sold them at $1 when we should have been selling them at $3. Nobody pays $3 for a freaking muffin unless it's from Starbucks.

The FM guy thought that we were making lots of money because we sold all the muffins. He wanted us to pay more and we didn't have $$. I'm a student, I don't work, my boyfriend does work but I didn't want to rely on the help he or my parents could give me.
Ah and he also thought that we were just promoting our stuff and that we had an established business like everyone else.
Well, nope. That's the only place where we sold our things.

Oh and the helping issue. I usually just ignored him (I tried to explain), but I didn't like that he wanted me to use honey in my muffins to help the honey lady out or to buy lava cakes from his Chef friend..
I'm okay with buying things from other vendors, but the FM guy just asked us to help HIS friends.
My reaction to this makes me feel a little childish but as I said, I wasn't comfortable.

Now, the plan was to include other kinds of sweets like cupcakes, cake, cookies, etc. and eventually savory stuff (actually, I think I love cooking savory dishes a lot more), too.
But I have to figure out another plan. I know I'm not the only vegan here. I want people to know what veganism is really about and how it's not all about boring salads and french fries.
And I don't want to fail again in the process : (

ETA: I hope this makes sense!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:02 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

not that you asked for advice, but the way this works out here is that the people make their big money on catering, and have cards/flyers with their products and price table on it- they're not there to make money, they're really just there to publicize the catering business. Different folks have different specialties- party food (you know, the little fried snacky things), cupcakes, event cakes, sushi, hot dog cart, pizza party, etc. You might want to see how you could fit into your community and publicize it that way. If there's some way you could share with someone, or pay a bit to put samples and flyers on someone else's table, it might be a good way to get some airtime.