| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Celebrities/"celebrities" you have seen in real life
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:00 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Tofulish wrote:
I've met Isa and Kathy Stevens, and got stupid tongue-tied with both of them. And Terry, who is very pretty but, wow, she's nothing compared to the vision of celestial loveliness that is Isa. I still can't believe how gorgeous Isa is in person.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:07 pm 
Semen Strong

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This is what I meant ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks Vantine!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:21 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I had lunch with a friend that I haven't seen in quite a while, and she TOTALLY name-dropped Isa (my friend used to work at De Capo). It worked, I totally squee'd all over my felafel. She was so nonchalant about it, too. Thinking about it makes me squee a bit again!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:48 pm 
Hip Goiter

Tofulish wrote:
Justices Stevens and Souter, and couldn't get a coherent sentence out. I also swooned over a puppy only to realize it was attached to Billy Baldwin and Chynna Phillips.

Hahahah best stuff! I think I would get tongue-tied if I met SDO'C. Poor Billy Baldwin can't catch a break :P

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:07 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

the other night, a guy sitting across from me outside of a bagel shop on 8th ave calls me over to sit with him. he's much older and i'm in plain sight of a ton of people so i sit with him, and we get to talking about his life and what he's doing with his suitcase thing. turns out that he was the trumpet player, Jerry Weiss of the original Blood Sweat and Tears album.

i've met sarah kramer, walked past alan cumming, and met a ton of singers from bands.

i met Robyn twice in the same day, and had her notice me at her Radio City show earlier in the year, so that's a huge claim to fame since i looooooove her. she remembered me when i saw her the second time that day too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:58 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

No one outside of Australia will care about this, but last night Boyfriend and I went out for Vietnamese food with a couple of friends. Halfway through our meal, Tony Abbott, the leader of the opposition/conservative Prime Ministerial candidate, wandered in and sat at the table next to us. Over the next half an hour or so, more and more politicians from his party wandered in until pretty much the entire shadow Cabinet was sitting next to us. Somehow Boyfriend failed to notice this, and only realised when he heard Abbott laugh (he's known for having this unholy cackle) and was JUST about to say 'some poor mustard has the same awful laugh as Tony Abbott' before he realised who it was.

It's pretty much the same thing for us as if you were sitting down for delicious tofu and Sarah Palin wandered in, bringing every notable Republican at the moment with her. On the way out we walked past a Senator who has been pretty vocal about disliking the department that we work for, so it was nice to subtly frown in his direction.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:09 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Tony Abbott....Mr. Budgie Smuggler in the flesh? I'm sorry.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:49 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Thankfully we're having inhospitable, subzero temperatures at the moment, so he was slightly more modestly dressed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:42 am 
And you never will.

Erinnerung - you should have walked past him and farted! That would have been awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:21 pm 
Chip Strong

poopiebitch wrote:
Erinnerung - you should have walked past him and farted! That would have been awesome.

That would have been pretty great. Remember it for next time!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:10 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

jewbacca wrote:
Best of all: Penny Arcade. She changed my views on feminism forever. I can call her name and she'll be there to the rescue.

<3 her!
Penny lives above the salon I work at, and is a good friend, she has all the best stories and she is putting us in the book she's currently writing, I cannot say enough good things about her :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:22 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

fauxfrancais wrote:
i met Robyn twice in the same day, and had her notice me at her Radio City show earlier in the year, so that's a huge claim to fame since i looooooove her. she remembered me when i saw her the second time that day too.

So jealous, I love her.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:13 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

Erinnerung wrote:
No one outside of Australia will care about this, but last night Boyfriend and I went out for Vietnamese food with a couple of friends. Halfway through our meal, Tony Abbott, the leader of the opposition/conservative Prime Ministerial candidate, wandered in and sat at the table next to us. Over the next half an hour or so, more and more politicians from his party wandered in until pretty much the entire shadow Cabinet was sitting next to us. Somehow Boyfriend failed to notice this, and only realised when he heard Abbott laugh (he's known for having this unholy cackle) and was JUST about to say 'some poor mustard has the same awful laugh as Tony Abbott' before he realised who it was.

It's pretty much the same thing for us as if you were sitting down for delicious tofu and Sarah Palin wandered in, bringing every notable Republican at the moment with her. On the way out we walked past a Senator who has been pretty vocal about disliking the department that we work for, so it was nice to subtly frown in his direction.

Your whole Vietnamese restaurant story was so funny. I want to walk into a restaurant and have them spring to the challenge of cooking vegan like that. Seriously though, I'd be so confronted if I was around so many of the liberal party. I'm sure they're nice enough individually and in person but I cringe whenever I hear most of them talk. It seems like an ol' Private School boys club. Shudder.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:27 am 
Saggy Butt

I saw Penelope Cruz at a film opening in Madrid. I know she was all done up for the cameras but still, my god is she gorgeous.

My wife and I also walked past the Starbucks where "The Proposal" was being filmed and ran into Ryan Reynolds. He happened to be getting into his car right as a huge busload of preteen girls was stopped next to it at a red light. They were screaming that they loved him and crying and taking pictures.

My wife interned at the Cannes film festival a while back. She got to hang out with David Carradine and Michael Madsen, who are every bit as awesome as you'd think. She was also nearly mowed down by Kathleen Turner, who was turning around and didn't see her. She apologized after and my wife was like "it's okay, you're Kathleen Turner!"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:22 am 
ol' garly cooch

Dunebug wrote:
jewbacca wrote:
Best of all: Penny Arcade. She changed my views on feminism forever. I can call her name and she'll be there to the rescue.

<3 her!
Penny lives above the salon I work at, and is a good friend, she has all the best stories and she is putting us in the book she's currently writing, I cannot say enough good things about her :)

This made my day. I think everyone in the whole wide world should meet her before they die. That is how awesome she is. She is brilliant and full of so much love, creativity, and brutal honesty that one just wouldn't know what hit them. "Bad Reputation" saved my life.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:49 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

jewbacca wrote:

This made my day. I think everyone in the whole wide world should meet her before they die. That is how awesome she is. She is brilliant and full of so much love, creativity, and brutal honesty that one just wouldn't know what hit them. "Bad Reputation" saved my life.

yes! She is always so positive and genuine you just wanna grab her and squeeze her! That is what I usually do actually :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:01 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

Now I need to know more about this Penny Arcade you all are talking about. Can someone give me a link to some infop about her? I Googled her name but all I got was info about literally penny arcades.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:43 pm 
Totally sane, not interested in bats whatsoever.

Okay, I've got a new one, haha.
We spotted Travis Barker in California Adventure.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:49 pm 
Tofu Pup Forever

I've met daedelus a few times, I don't know if anyone here listens to him?
Genuinely genuinely nice guy, always makes time to talk. Even through all of my girly swooning!

Instagram
Tumblr
Facebook

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:23 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

ooh on Friday I walked past Jim Gaffigan on Park Avenue South. I was thinking "hmm that really looks like..." and then I heard him talking (on one of those earpiece things I guess) and knew it was!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:31 pm 
Hip Goiter

Audrey wrote:
ooh on Friday I walked past Jim Gaffigan on Park Avenue South. I was thinking "hmm that really looks like..." and then I heard him talking (on one of those earpiece things I guess) and knew it was!

!!! I would have jumped on him; I love him to pieces. Then I would have said 'Hot Pockeetttt' like he does.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:53 pm 
Wal-Mart's White Knight

Erinnerung wrote:
Tony Abbott, our soon-to-be-Prime-Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:51 pm 
Tofu Pup

hmmm... it seems like the only time I've seen celebs are at my work (WholeFoods).
I dont really care about these people but they're famous enough to count right?

the awkward kid (something Eisenberg?) from Zombieland, Social Network
- my coworker next to me was ringing him up and he had on makeup and a baseball cap. He also kept asking us to call him a cab.

some longhaired guy from American Idol (Constantine something)

& I rang up Sammy Hagar yesterday. I knew he looked familiar but wasnt sure until my coworker told me. He was TALLLL!!!

Oh yeah, and maybe not considered a "celeb" but I also saw Natalie from the blog Bake & Destroy. I was nervous but worked up the courage to tell her I was a fan. She was so sweet and cute!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:59 pm 
Semen Strong

RandiJM wrote:
Audrey wrote:

!!! I would have jumped on him; I love him to pieces. Then I would have said 'Hot Pockeetttt' like he does.

I want to hang out and spot celebrities with RandiJM. I'll even bring my own bail money

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:09 pm 
Hip Goiter

Fixed it for you
bren wrote:
they're famous enough to count

Oscar-nominee Jesse Eisenberg from Zombieland, The Social Network, Adventureland, Solitary Man, The Village, The Emperor's Club, and the great The Squid and the Whale.

some TONY-nominated star of Rock of Ages named Constantine Maroulis who got his start on American Idol

Are you trying to give me a heart attack?

Laughfrodisiac

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next