| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: (BOS) vegan bakery/baker recommendations? Animal-shape cake!
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 3:38 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hey y'all, I live across the country but my baby bro is having a vegan wedding in Watertown, MA in August & I want to get him a very specific cake. Who's the best bet for an elaborate & delicious vegan cake? I suppose I'm willing to go as far as Western Mass or Providence, but Boston-area would be easier. (Oh, I checked out hippie girl bakery's website & that's a not the direction I want to go in, so something else!) Thanks so much!

P.S. If you suspect you know what wedding this is please don't mention you saw this to the groom as I'm trying to surprise him. (The bride knows though.)

Post subject: Re: (BOS) vegan bakery/baker recommendations? Animal-shape c
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:05 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I'm not sure what they can do for decorating, but Barely Legal Treats in Worcester is to die for! They don't have a physical storefront, but do baking for cafes and such. Google 'em and you can probably get in touch

Other than that, here's a run-down of vegan cakes I've tried in the area...

My Thai Cafe (Boston)- They have some of the best cake I've ever had. If I remember correctly, they don't bake it in-house, but if you talk to the staff they could probably hook you up with a whole cake.

Cafe Indigo (Manchester, NH)- Amazing cakes. They can probably do special orders, though I'm unsure of what they can do for decorating.

Loving Hut (Worcester, MA)- Again, divine cake. I know that they can do special orders (I had them make my high school graduation cake). As for elaborate decorating, talk to them. My graduation cake had frosting roses (my cake wasn't super-fancy, but it was just a graduation cake. Also, someone in their kitchen definitely knows how to wield a frosting gun.) See what they can do.

Fiore's (Jamaica Plain)- Pretty good cake. Not the best I've had, but still pretty damn yummy. I'm pretty sure that they can make you a fancy-pants cake.

The Bean Counter (Worcester and Shrewsbury)- Their cake is pretty decent. I know that they can do some very elaborate decorating since they regularly do wedding cakes and such.

So... look into those, and good luck!

Post subject: Re: (BOS) vegan bakery/baker recommendations? Animal-shape c
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:30 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

I ordered my wedding and grooms cake from Hippy Chick Bakery. She's actually in NH but does deliveries all over the area. We had our reception in Cambridge and our cakes were delivered on time and intact. She's amazing and does really nice work.

http://www.hippiechickbakery.com/

Edit: I posted the above before reading the fine print at the bottom of your post. I still stand by her and will say that her cakes are gorgeous and delicious/decadent, so you might still want to consider her as an option.