| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 56  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Steam PC gaming thread!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:06 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Your mother is a casual gamer.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:14 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

im on the Steam PPK group. Daigoro is my name online there.

ive only played with a PPK'r once tough. BAD and i played some L4D together a few months back. (is BAD still around?) couldnt get anyone else to join that week.

i played some L4D2 with a friend for their first time yesterday. it was fun.

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Your mother is a casual gamer.

ouch!

but its true. i know she is. :(

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:16 pm 
A Bad Person

Somebody has to play Portal 2 coop with me. It is entirely too much fun!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:53 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I just created a steam account (collective_memory) but I spend all my time playing EVE online so I haven't yet taken advantage of it.
I do plan on getting Portal 2 for pc very soon. I'm in love with that game.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:03 pm 
A Bad Person

Holy crepe. Steam is now doing DAILY deals. This is on top of the midweek and weekend sales! Hopefully this will result in more casual games going on sale, but yesterday was Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising and today is Majesty 2.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:11 am 
Nailed to the V

Team Fortress 2 is free now. http://store.steampowered.com/app/440/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:14 am 
A Bad Person

Laser Ox wrote:
Team Fortress 2 is free now. http://store.steampowered.com/app/440/

So insane. I guess they figure they've sold enough Orange Boxes and are making enough money to cover it by selling keys and hats.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:16 pm 
Chip Strong

If you buy a game from steam and there's DLC that's not available on steam, can you still get the dlc elsewhere? I really want Minerva's Den.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:34 pm 
A Bad Person

Yes. You can get it through the Games for Windows Live interface. And you should because Minvera's Den is so totally forking amazing!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:28 pm 
A Bad Person

WHOOOOOOAMIGOD It's time for the Steam Summer sale! The servers are totally crushed under the weight of the increased traffic but I've got it opened so here are the highlights!

Back to the Future: The Game is half off at $12.50, supposedly pretty decent if you're into BTTF or Telltale adventure games. TES: Oblivion GOTY for $6.80 is a fantastic deal for anyone who wants to get warmed up for Skyrim in November. The Witcher 2 for $33.49 is an absolutely amazing third-person RPG. I completely recommend it, at any price, to anyone who enjoys an action-heavy Bioware-ish RPG. Recettear for $5 is supposedly a really good, quirky, shop-keeping RPG. Borderlands GOTY for $7.50 is an INSANE amount of awesome game!

On top of those, they're also doing a promotion in which if you play some of the super-cheap, lesser known games for certain achievements, you get a ticket. Each ticket enters you in a grand prize, but, more importantly, you can also exchange your tickets for some free downloadable content for other games! You can see the games, achievements, and prizes here: http://store.steampowered.com/summersale/prizebooth/ Those required achievements are going to change daily, so if you want to earn the ticket, you have to get the achievements listed today done before the next set of deals goes up!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:50 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

I'm so excited about the summer sale.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:52 pm 
A Bad Person

I am too, even though there's not much on Steam that I want right now. I'll end up getting some stuff I'm barely interested in just because it's so damned cheap.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:04 pm 
WRETCHED

I have sooo many games. We are going on vacation in a couple days but there are a couple games I would like if they dropped price enough. I wonder if I can buy games without having steam installed? :) I'm not taking my laptop.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:05 pm 
A Bad Person

You can buy them off of the website! I've done it a number of times. It's entirely too handy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:09 pm 
WRETCHED

Portal 2 is 33.49!! That is still over my budget but I may splurge.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:36 pm 
A Bad Person

Portal 2 is totally worth it! The single player is great and the coop is a lot of fun!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:37 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

brian wrote:
Portal 2 is totally worth it! The single player is great and the coop is a lot of fun!

I think you should wait on portal 2 it's not a daily so it'll be on sale the whole time but it might become a daily another day and since it's a valve game those sometimes get REALLY good dailys.

it's 33% now but don't be suprised if it's like 66% off if you wait until later in the sale.

it isn't a daily so you have until july 10th to get it at 33% off if it doesn't happen.

brian wrote:
I am too, even though there's not much on Steam that I want right now. I'll end up getting some stuff I'm barely interested in just because it's so damned cheap.

I was waiting for the summer sale to buy witcher 2.

I am also waiting on a daily for portal 2.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:42 pm 
A Bad Person

Chiatroll wrote:
brian wrote:

I think you should wait on portal 2 it's not a daily so it'll be on sale the whole time but it might become a daily another day and since it's a valve game those sometimes get REALLY good dailys.

it's 33% now but don't be suprised if it's like 66% off if you wait until later in the sale.

it isn't a daily so you have until july 10th to get it at 33% off if it doesn't happen.

brian wrote:

I was waiting for the summer sale to buy witcher 2.

I am also waiting on a daily for portal 2.

This is true. I wouldn't expect it to go lower but there's always a chance so if you can wait until the end of the sale, you probably should. However, I'd buy Portal 2 at any price, so I'd say get it regardless!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:48 pm 
A Bad Person

The one caveat I'd make for buying The Witcher 2 (which is another "buy at any price" game, because it's amazing) through Steam is that they've had some problems with it specifically on Steam in the past. It's minor stuff, nothing game breaking, but at least twice they've done something wrong with the patch and required everyone to re-download the entire 9GB game. It's not a dealbreaker by any means but it could be an inconvenience.

I got my copy through Good Old Games. It's DRM-free, one download, patches as small as they have to be, and more directly supports the developer.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:50 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

brian wrote:
The one caveat I'd make for buying The Witcher 2 (which is another "buy at any price" game, because it's amazing) through Steam is that they've had some problems with it specifically on Steam in the past. It's minor stuff, nothing game breaking, but at least twice they've done something wrong with the patch and required everyone to re-download the entire 9GB game. It's not a dealbreaker by any means but it could be an inconvenience.

I got my copy through Good Old Games. It's DRM-free, one download, patches as small as they have to be, and more directly supports the developer.

also the developer sells it directly on their site by download if I recall correctly.. or was it the publisher. anyway there is a way to buy is directly which gets a much larger share of the profit to the people who actually made the game.

But I am very cheap.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:54 pm 
WRETCHED

I figured since Portal 2 went on sale for 33% off that they wouldn't make it a daily. I'll wait though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:54 pm 
A Bad Person

Good Old Games are the publishers and CD Projekt RED (developers) are either partners or co-owners of GOG. I'm not entirely sure how they're connected but they are, so buying it from GOG is as good as buying it from the devs themselves. But yeah, I totally get you on the price front. And a case can be made for having all of your games in one spot, but I've got a ton of games through GOG as it is.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:56 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

brian wrote:
Good Old Games are the publishers and CD Projekt RED (developers) are either partners or co-owners of GOG. I'm not entirely sure how they're connected but they are, so buying it from GOG is as good as buying it from the devs themselves. But yeah, I totally get you on the price front. And a case can be made for having all of your games in one spot, but I've got a ton of games through GOG as it is.

GOG must of been what I was thinking of.

I really considered buying it from them.

I bought the first witcher form a link the main website for witcher brought me to back when it was pretty new.

I do need to pay rent though and 33% off can help.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:58 pm 
A Bad Person

Also, this is as good of a place as any to plug GOG's summer promo, half off of all Interplay games until July 4th. Big winners there are Descent 1+2, Fallout, Fallout 2, Freespace 2, and SHOGO: Mobile Armor Division. Each of those are just $3, which is ludicrously cheap for such amazing games.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:00 pm 
A Bad Person

Chiatroll wrote:
GOG must of been what I was thinking of.

I really considered buying it from them.

I bought the first witcher form a link the main website for witcher brought me to back when it was pretty new.

I do need to pay rent though and 33% off can help.

Right before The Witcher 2 came out, GOG added the first game to their catalog and put it on sale for half off, $5, which is absolutely insane. That game is also fantastic. It's at $10 now, but still completely worth it if you don't already own it. I've bought it three times now (physical, Steam, and GOG) and I still feel like I haven't paid enough.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 56  Next