| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

have you successfully used FAM
yes, as contraception 35%  35%  [ 28 ]
no as contraception (we were abstaining during fertile phase) 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
no as contraception (we were using condoms during fertile phase) 11%  11%  [ 9 ]
no as contraception (we were taking risks during fertile phase) 8%  8%  [ 6 ]
no as a pregnancy aiding method 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
yes as a pregnancy aiding method 19%  19%  [ 15 ]
other 19%  19%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 80
 Post subject: Re: the Fertility Awareness Method thread - birth control +
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:10 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

supercarrot wrote:
thank you! the visual helps 1000x <3

day 15 was the bottom of the dip, so that's the most likely day. (and you're sure you were feeling okay on day 18?)

this is just unfortunate timing, so you really aren't going to be sure until aunt flo comes. (since the "3 days above the coverline" was obscured by the sickness.) but if it stays up, you'll at least know you're somewhere in the luteal phase, but a pinpoint isn't going to be accurate.

The fever on the chart makes me laugh. I *hope* not to get my period until Saturday, which would be day 28, but last month was day 25. I guess I'll find out tomorrow if it's day 25 again! 10 days seems to be the borderline acceptable for luteal.. but I wouldn't mind a few more days. Not to mention, a few more days between periods would be nice! Bleh.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:38 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Stupid question #864: I'm 99% sure I'm not pregnant, but I'm on day 31 here and no period. Last month was day 25; Month before was 28. This is my 3rd month off BC. What happens to temps if you ARE pregnant? My temp has stayed up this whole time (up being above 98, which it never seems to hit pre-ovulation). We would have had to have condom failure +ovulation date failure for me to be pregnant, and I've been having cramps for 4 days now, but I'm just trying to figure out if I can figure out what's going on based on my chart. If I don't get a period by the end of the work day I guess I'll buy a test... but it would have had to be the most amazing sperm ever for me to be pregnant right now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:47 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

If your temp stays up 18 days after ovulation, that is a pretty clear indicator that you are pregnant. A pregnancy test will show a positive result before that, probably by 15 days post ovulation. If you're pretty sure that you're not pregnant and don't want to waste the money on a test, I would wait 18 days.

And don't forget your egg has something to do with it, too! I'm pregnant and everyone keeps mentioning the "power of the sperm" to my husband and I'm like, what am I, chopped liver?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:44 am 
Bathes in Braggs

it has a lot to do with your cervical fluid too.

it could just be regular fluctuations to do with recently coming off bc too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:29 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

so today is 16 DPO? today would be the earliest day that would make sense for a pregnancy test. (but it's possible you ovulated later than cycle day 15, and the temps would have been obscured by the sickness. this is where cervical fluid data helps immensely.)

if you were pregnant, generally your temperature would rise even more than it had been post ovulaton. some people experience a "triphasic" pattern where there are 2 plateaus. there would most likely be a dip around 7 DPO to indicate implantation and then the temperature would rise even higher.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:58 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Apparently I just needed to resign myself to buying a pregnancy test after work to make my period start. It's light, but PHEW! I wouldn't care *that much* but I had an endoscopy Friday, was pumped full of all kinds of drugs, and had signed a waiver saying I wasn't pregnant... Lesson learned -- always say "yes do the pregnancy test" before having procedures when you're off the pill.

At least now I know what to look for when I AM trying!! Thanks for answering my crazy questions.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:26 pm 

good point about asking for the pregnancy tests if it's any time near or past ovulation. especially since no one form of birth control is 100% effective.

and no prob. :-) that's what i'm here for.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:41 pm 
Dead by dawn

Well, thank goodness for charting my temps... I knew my period was coming even though it was WAY early (6 dpo!) If it's a one-time thing, I'm fine with it because I have a race on Saturday and it's just as well not to be on my period for it. But, woah... 6 day luteal phase? I'm on cycle 26 and it's been 11-14 days (and 11 was only once, I think.) Anyone experience anything like this?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:02 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

supercarrot wrote:
good point about asking for the pregnancy tests if it's any time near or past ovulation. especially since no one form of birth control is 100% effective.

and no prob. :-) that's what i'm here for.

Abstinence is 100% effective!!.. it's just 0% fun.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:29 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

So if my period doesn't start in the next 3 days...!! I'm on day 15 of my luteal phase. We had a weird and hectic month, so even though I took my temp every day, I wasn't vigilant about checking cervical fluid. From the way my chart looks, it seems as if I ovulated the day of a late night ER visit (boyfriend had kidney stones). We happened to have sex that day, but I assumed all the drama and stress would screw things up. My last luteal phase was 14 days, and the last 2 months (when I started charting) I started spotting on day 29 of my cycle. I'm on day 31 with no spotting so far. My breasts are a little sore and I'm having a few cramps though. Still, I usually spot before any of my other pms symptoms. Anyway, just an update. Even if I'm not pregnant, at least my luteal phases are getting longer!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:36 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

allularpunk wrote:
So if my period doesn't start in the next 3 days...!! I'm on day 15 of my luteal phase. We had a weird and hectic month, so even though I took my temp every day, I wasn't vigilant about checking cervical fluid. From the way my chart looks, it seems as if I ovulated the day of a late night ER visit (boyfriend had kidney stones). We happened to have sex that day, but I assumed all the drama and stress would screw things up. My last luteal phase was 14 days, and the last 2 months (when I started charting) I started spotting on day 29 of my cycle. I'm on day 31 with no spotting so far. My breasts are a little sore and I'm having a few cramps though. Still, I usually spot before any of my other pms symptoms. Anyway, just an update. Even if I'm not pregnant, at least my luteal phases are getting longer!

Good luck! May all my non-pregnancy vibes be equally powerful pregnancy vibes for you!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:51 am 

rabidchild wrote:
Abstinence is 100% effective!!.. it's just 0% fun.

haha, yeah i suppose i should have qualified my statement with the fun factor. :-p
::edit:: wait! a stab wound after oral produced a baby, and what about virgin mary? (heh)

and allularpunk WHOAH!!! i am also shoving my unused womb potential in your direction. this is fantastic news! keep going little uterus! you can do it!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:27 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Took a test when I got home from work. It's... A very faint positive. I will take another one in the morning. Out of all the tests I've taken throughout my life, I've never had that thin blue line show up. I feel like I have bees buzzing under my skin.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:38 pm 

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:51 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

allularpunk wrote:
Took a test when I got home from work. It's... A very faint positive. I will take another one in the morning. Out of all the tests I've taken throughout my life, I've never had that thin blue line show up. I feel like I have bees buzzing under my skin.

Go eggie go eggie go!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:57 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I read on the internet that the kind of test I got (just a walgreens storebrand) is iffy. Apparently a lot of women had false positives. But aren't false positives way more rare than false negatives? So weird though...I had put it in my head that it hadn't happened this month because of all the hectic-ness.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:42 pm 

clear your mind, and get one of the good ones. http://www.peeonastick.com/hpts.html

wait another day or two and try again. <3

*utervibes*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:19 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Took another one. Name brand. Definitely positive. Gonna pee on one more in the morning just to be sure. Woah. It's my boyfriend's 30th birthday today. Happy birthday! I'm preggers!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:28 pm 
Semen Strong

CONGRATULATIONS!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:47 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Thank you! I'm a little terrified!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:55 pm 

awwww. what a great b-day present. <3 congrats! yay allularfoetus!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:59 pm 
Semen Strong

You should put the preg test in a b-day card and sign it from Allular & Zygote <3

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:45 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

i couldn't keep it a secret that long! as soon as he walked in from work, i was like, 'you need to see something!' but he refuses to get really excited until we get a blood test. since i took another one and it was STILL positive this morning, i'm going to get one today.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:54 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

That's awesome!! Congratulations!! Hopefully I'll be a few months behind you ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:35 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

It's official - the blood test was positive! Thanks for all the good vibes!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next