| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: The Official Catchall New York City Thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:42 am 
Joking!

Last time I tried to go to Teany they were still closed from the fire :( I know they're open now since I bike by all the time, just haven't gotten around to eating there yet. I just ate at Papacitos......it was kind of gross. Last time we ate there it wasn't that great, but not particularly bad, but this time it was just gross, which is sad, i love burritos. Oh well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:50 am 
Writes Vegan Haiku

I agree Papacitos can be kind of gross, you have to order the right thing. My boyfriend got the burrito when we went and did not enjoy it at all, but I think the nachos with seitan are pretty solid. Then again, I douse them in salsa...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:36 pm 
Ate all the pumpkin seeds

I ate at Peacefood last week and it was bad. The boy and I split chickpea fries, which were good, and then split a seitan medallion panini. The panini was incredibly greasy. It tasted ok, but after eating jut half of it I was sick and clutching my gut for hours afterwards. Ick.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:44 am 
Joking!

Yeah, the burrito is nasty. My boyfriend liked it ok, but I couldn't finish. I'll eat there again, what we go the first time was good enough, I just have to keep in mind that they smother everything in gross vegan sour cream, so ask for them not to do that, and to stay away from the regular burrito.

Really? Peacefood was greasy? That's so bizarre.....I've never had or seen anything greasy there, I wonder if they got a new chef. They might have changed stuff up since the last time I was there....I think that was in May....my roommate used to work there so I've had a lot of their food, haven't had the whole menu (never had the seitan panini), but I can only think of one or two things that I didn't enjoy.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:39 am 
stop: can't. won't. don't.

at peacefood:
chickpea fries. caesar salad.

they are the stuff that dreams are made of.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:28 am 
Tofu Pup

I have a love/hate relationship with Papacitos. On one hand, it's nice to have a late-night delivery option with vegan choices. On the other hand, delivery takes a year and a day which makes mediocre food taste even worse when it's been sitting around for an hour.

And yeah, somethings on the menu are better than others. I usually just stick to the tacos.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:29 am 
Joking!

strummergas wrote:
I have a love/hate relationship with Papacitos. On one hand, it's nice to have a late-night delivery option with vegan choices. On the other hand, delivery takes a year and a day which makes mediocre food taste even worse when it's been sitting around for an hour.

And yeah, somethings on the menu are better than others. I usually just stick to the tacos.

Good to know....I'm house/cat sitting in Greenpoint, doubt we'll order delivery again before we go back to the ghetto, but next time we go, tacos. The delivery was really fast......but it was also reeeeeeaaallllly late and my friend's apartment is all of a 4 minute bike ride away....maybe less.........also the delivery guy was hoT.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:33 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Anyone been to Blossom Du Jour yet?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:58 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

TheChickpea wrote:

The menu looks pretty boring.

Cruelty Free Face
Morrissey Hates Murder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:50 pm 
FAYGO

melisser wrote:
TheChickpea wrote:

The menu looks pretty boring.

Agreed. Even the desserts don't look super exciting, which is sad since it replaced Cocoa V. I wonder if they'll take the Cocoa V Groupon. That'd make it more worthwhile for me to go.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:13 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

SeitanSaidDance wrote:
Agreed. Even the desserts don't look super exciting, which is sad since it replaced Cocoa V. I wonder if they'll take the Cocoa V Groupon. That'd make it more worthwhile for me to go.

No! Really, they got rid of Cocoa V? When? I knew it wouldn't last, at least I got to go there once.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:35 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

panda wrote:
strummergas wrote:

Good to know....I'm house/cat sitting in Greenpoint, doubt we'll order delivery again before we go back to the ghetto, but next time we go, tacos. The delivery was really fast......but it was also reeeeeeaaallllly late and my friend's apartment is all of a 4 minute bike ride away....maybe less.........also the delivery guy was hoT.

If you're in greenpoint, you should definitely hit up Cafecito Bogota. As I recall, they have three vegan or veganizable arepas and they're all amazing. Fairly cheap too considering the portion size and they have fantastic wine and white sangria.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:31 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

JillW wrote:
SeitanSaidDance wrote:

No! Really, they got rid of Cocoa V? When? I knew it wouldn't last, at least I got to go there once.

Oh wait, what? Cocoa V got replaced?!

Cruelty Free Face
Morrissey Hates Murder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:50 pm 
FAYGO

melisser wrote:
JillW wrote:
SeitanSaidDance wrote:

Oh wait, what? Cocoa V got replaced?!

Either that or they split the space; Cocoa V and Blossom Du Jour have the same address. I know Cocoa V closed for renovations, but don't know if it reopened (and I never went!).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:41 am 
stop: can't. won't. don't.

i'm going to go ahead and close this thread since we have a NYC subforum now. if anyone feels strongly that it should remain open, please email and let me know! it just seems like there are discussions going on in this thread about restaurants and stuff that deserve to have their own threads.

don't be mad, nycppk!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3