| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5989 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 240  Next
 Post subject: Re: online dating (how r u 2day qt?)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:03 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

amandabear wrote:
I think that sounds fine. "I've had fun hanging out but I don't feel like this is really going anywhere romantically. All the best, cherryblossom." I'd rather get the "thanks but no thanks" note via email than over the phone anyway, and you've only gone out a few times - it's not like you owe him a heart-to-heart.

Thanks, I stole a little bit from you because I liked your wording better than mine. He actually wrote me back and it seems like it went over all right. Whew.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:07 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I think most people appreciate upfront honesty about this stuff. At least I know I do. Otherwise you're left to wonder and no one likes that.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:33 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

Oh boo. Cute girl wrote me. Said she had a ranger fetish (it was a joke in my profile...)

However, she used the wrong your/you're and wrote "your cute."

She also spelled "spontaneous" wrong in her profile, and figured she was spelling it wrong, but just put (sp?) after her spontaineis or however she spelled it . I mean, google will ask you "did you mean spontaneous" if you plopped the word in a search as spell check if your browser doesn't already do that for you. She also spelled elusive wrong but that's less annoying. Either way, she's cute and we have a lot in common, but I don't know if this is forgivable for a 37YO person studying to be a teacher! I know I should be more forgiving of spelling mistakes but come ON! Maybe I'm just still reeling from my awful ex from like 10 years ago that pretty much MADE me start making spelling mistakes because my better spelling made her feel stupid. Its never quite recovered. Well, I guess I could have kept her ire and spelled stuff right (or used proper grammar), but she had issues and I didn't want to push that. Yeah I know, I take abuse too easily.

Well, she also said that while she loves eating tons of veggies, eating meat is good for her soul or some drivelcrap.

BAH!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:08 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Bad spelling is a huge turn off in any relationship, don't get me started.

I've never tried online dating but my sister made a profile for me on match.com because she thinks it would be funny to see me date. Nice, right? I was irritated at first but every now and then I will look at the proposed matches just to see what is out there. So far no one has enticed me to pay for the service.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:52 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I just got a wink...what is the forking point?

Also just this message from a girl who was i've been messaging and met last week when she was down for a punk all dayer. She was nice and i had fun hanging out with her but she lives 9 hours away and there wasn't really anything there in that sense.

"hey [[guy burgess],

sorry for being a total drunk. you're such a sweet heart and i hope you find a nice girl as sweet as you..."

There was another part to the message but umm could be over sharing!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:21 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

So I just came back from a pretty excellent first date. He is super cute and lives two blocks away from me (convenient!). We met at a bar in the neighborhood and ended up staying there for about four hours. No smooches at the end of the date, but he straight up told me that he would have kissed me but he's getting sick and didn't want to give me anything, which I found pretty endearing. He also said he wants to hang out again and I think I believe him? Crazy! I forking love people who just say what they're actually thinking.

Anyway, that was way more fun than I was expecting and I am psyched to maybe possibly see someone a second time.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:25 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

amandabear wrote:
So I just came back from a pretty excellent first date. He is super cute and lives two blocks away from me (convenient!). We met at a bar in the neighborhood and ended up staying there for about four hours. No smooches at the end of the date, but he straight up told me that he would have kissed me but he's getting sick and didn't want to give me anything, which I found pretty endearing. He also said he wants to hang out again and I think I believe him? Crazy! I forking love people who just say what they're actually thinking.

Anyway, that was way more fun than I was expecting and I am psyched to maybe possibly see someone a second time.

Wow, that sounds great, and he sounds great! Yeah, people who say what they're thinking are so much easier to hang out with. Honesty is a big turn-on.

I hope your possible second date is even better!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:12 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Thanks cherryblossom! Second date is happening on Wednesday, we are getting Ethiopian because he's never had it and that's just sad. I am looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:43 pm 
Nailed to the V

So after an awful date and a good but they werent interested date I'm taking a break. I need to regroup.

------------------------------
OkC | Google+
------------------------------

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:01 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

i got a message from a boy...
i'm not really sure whats going on with my love life.
i'm still pining over San Fran Frisco boy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:52 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

amandabear wrote:
Thanks cherryblossom! Second date is happening on Wednesday, we are getting Ethiopian because he's never had it and that's just sad. I am looking forward to it.

Oh man, that IS sad, but also fantastic for you because you get to eat Ethiopian food. I am excited for you! (For the date, not just because you get to eat Ethiopian. I'm actually more jealous about that.)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:00 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

You know there are like 5 Ethiopian restaurants in West Philly, right? You have the power!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:10 pm 

amandabear wrote:
You know there are like 5 Ethiopian restaurants in West Philly, right? You have the power!

I know, but did you also know that NONE of them deliver? It's an outrage, I tell you! Oh man, I want Ethiopian food right now.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:25 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I didn't know that! But I guess it wouldn't travel that well now that I'm thinking about it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:58 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

amandabear wrote:

Sweet... have fun! I only just tried Ethiopian for the first time on an OKC date several weeks ago. You're right, going one's whole life without having it is pretty sad. One of the weirdly nice advantages of online dating is going out to eat a lot... I've tried a few great veg-friendly places I'd never been before. Bonus!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:25 am 

So, this weekend I "watched Dr. Who" with two people I met on okc and used to date. And now the dude type one is hitting on the lady type one and asking her out. And I feel icky and a little jealous about it. Mostly because I find him really annoying and I guess I still have some feelings for her, even though we knew we wouldn't last long term (and I no longer live in the city they both live in).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:40 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

i just messaged a guy who i used to be penpals with. but they slowly stopped over a series of 5 years. he confessed he had a crush on me. but i was states away. now we live in the same state. he's vegan too. i ran into him at a show the three weeks ago and it was a little weird but i think he might have been on a date... who knows?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:23 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I kissed someone for a long, long, long time tonight. That is all.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:33 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Gonna have a 7th (!) date on Wednesday. We're going to cook dinner at my place. Well, I'm going to tell him to chop things and he's going to chop them, I'll probably be doing most of the cooking. He said he's never eaten tofu so I'm really tempted to cook something with tofu, but maybe that's a little risky.

I knew it was a good sign when I was listing movies I liked and saying "Die Hard" got an immediate and enthusiastic high five, shortly followed by a date to watch Die Hard 4. Let me tell you, after drinking two beers and watching Bruce Willis kick asparagus for two hours, I want to do nothing but make out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:58 am 
Not NOT A Furry

This isn't online dating but whatever. I met a girl on saturday and did some smooching, nothing much. It was a halloween party in public and im not usually one for pda. Anyway, we are meeting up on friday for drinks, she just confirmed right now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:11 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I've been on 4 dates with this guy and we text constantly...I'm trying to figure out if we're just dating, dating exclusively, or in a relationship...and I'm not sure if it is too soon to ask where he's at...*sigh*

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:35 am 
So Totally Yiffy

Hey everyone, I never added my story to the last okcupid thread, but here's my happy okcupid tale...

I moved from Philly to NY over a year ago, and I wasn't meeting anyone outside of work. As I still often do, I lurked on the Foyer and found this thread (the original one). People seemed like they had fun (some bad but still fun/ny) stories, so after reading the thread for a while, I joined okcupid for kicks even though the idea of a blind date with someone I met online freaked me out. I didn't think I'd actually go through with a date. I did end up responding to one of the messages, and I met my current boyfriend over a year ago.

He wasn't sure if he wanted to start a relationship because he was moving out of NY, so we actually didn't start dating really until 2 months after we first met (even though he did move out of NY). He ended up moving to Philly and I come here all the time anyway, so it's been working out pretty great. We just flew out to SF a few weeks ago, and we realized the day we flew out was exactly one year from the day we first met. And he went vegan a few months ago! We ended up going to Millennium for my birthday (my 30th!), and before we left Philly for SF, he surprised me with all different kinds of cupcakes that he ordered from Vegan Treats and a framed photo of my favorite mural in Philly that he had taken and enlarged for me to bring to NY (since I always miss Philly). It was my best birthday ever!

And his roommate met somebody on okcupid a couple months ago, and they're also really happy. So there's hope! I keep following this thread, and it's so fun reading about everyone's adventures. I hope you all meet awesome people!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:48 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

littlegarlic, that is so awesome! Aww.

suzukibeane wrote:
So, this weekend I "watched Dr. Who" with two people I met on okc and used to date. And now the dude type one is hitting on the lady type one and asking her out. And I feel icky and a little jealous about it.

Make sure you warn her about the orange juice.

radish sandwich wrote:
Gonna have a 7th (!) date on Wednesday.

Whoa! Go you! Sounds like things are going really well.

Fizzgig wrote:
I've been on 4 dates with this guy and we text constantly...I'm trying to figure out if we're just dating, dating exclusively, or in a relationship...and I'm not sure if it is too soon to ask where he's at...*sigh*

I think I'd wait? Four dates isn't a lot, really - I'd assume you were dating, but not much else at this point. But who knows? Everyone's different.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:59 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

So I got a message from a guy last night, read it quickly but didn't respond since I wasn't sure I wanted to. Just now I got another one where he told me that he googled me and found my portfolio and my facebook and that he went to school with one of my friends. What the fork, creeper? How did he even find me?! I don't have my first OR last name or any information about my portfolio site on my profile.

Way to make sure I don't write back to you, stalker.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:04 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

amandabear wrote:
So I got a message from a guy last night, read it quickly but didn't respond since I wasn't sure I wanted to. Just now I got another one where he told me that he googled me and found my portfolio and my facebook and that he went to school with one of my friends. What the fork, creeper? How did he even find me?! I don't have my first OR last name or any information about my portfolio site on my profile.

Way to make sure I don't write back to you, stalker.

Ooh, I had something kinda like that happen once. (But not as freaky, because how did he even figure out your name?!? Total creeper.)

A guy I had exchanged messages with a couple of times sent me his email address and I guess after I emailed him, he googled me (now that he had my last name) and then wrote back to me saying something to the effect of, "I googled you and decided that we would drive each other crazy, so never mind." I was like, "What? Explain yourself."

It turned out that he found my LiveJournal, which has my name NOWHERE on it and I haven't updated it in a couple of years. I still have no idea what he found on there that made him feel so strongly that we were incompatible, but yeah, I locked down my journal after that so that only people I know can read it. I don't need random crepe I wrote five years ago coming back to haunt me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5989 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 240  Next