| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Liquid foundation
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:53 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

That's too bad about the colour, Sra. Nooch! They also sell a product called Zero Minus which is meant to add in to your foundation to make it lighter, you could try that!

I loooove my Face Atelier foundation. It gives such a creamy finish. Total love.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:46 am 
Naked Under Apron

I don't know if this is actually in the category of foundation or not, but has anyone used a BB Cream? I guess they're big in Asia, but starting to come over here too. There's a new one by Boscia that I really want to try! I can't even really get a handle on what they are, but I guess kind of a primer / tinter moisturizer / sunscreen?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:59 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Sra., I have the same problem. I never think about my pore size until I put on foundation and then, bam, there they are. Full of makeup. Gross!

I've been trying out the Lush foundation, the palest shade is the non-vegan one so I thought it wouldn't work for me, bu I tried the light pink one on the store and it matches pretty well. I like it and it's pretty thick so a little bit goes pretty far. I think it covers a little bit better than zuzu, but I haven't tried it sans face primer yet so I can't really say how well it lasts.

I also got a sample kit from Everyday Minerals of their foundations, but I haven't really formed much of an opinion yet except that they feel really nice.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:07 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Amy wrote:
I don't know if this is actually in the category of foundation or not, but has anyone used a BB Cream? I guess they're big in Asia, but starting to come over here too. There's a new one by Boscia that I really want to try! I can't even really get a handle on what they are, but I guess kind of a primer / tinter moisturizer / sunscreen?

I really, really want to try this. I didn't know about a couple of the ingredients and was being lazy about looking them up. It sounds wonderful though, and Boscia seems like a good brand??

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:41 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Oh frak, yeah I forgot that I wasn't 100% sure that it was vegan (sorry!), but as far as I know, all of Boscia's other stuff is, so I guess I kind of assumed. I'll email them though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:43 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Ah, well here in their FAQ they say none of their products contain animal ingredients. So yay!

I'm hopeful about it because I really like other stuff of theirs I've tried.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:45 pm 

I didn't even think to go to the official website. I was looking at the BB cream on Sephora's website. Thanks, Amy!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:54 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I'm going to +1 to everything people said about Face Atelier being the shizz. I only googled it because of this thread and, lo and behold, a local company was having a 40% sale. Awesome creamy foundationness, and el cheapo. Hooray!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:05 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

What local company is this? I would like to buy more as my sample is out. Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:37 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

i've been using mineral powders for what seems like forever, and i can barely remember how to 'do' liquid foundation properly. i got some samples of face atelier because of everyone's raves, and i think i really like it! i'm using a foundation brush but i'm having weird paranoia about the amount of product i should be using--i think i'm 'trained' for mineral powder foundation now, and i can't decide if i'm using too much or not enough. hee, i'm an idiot. i'm basically dotting it on my face with a finger, and then using the brush to spread it out... does anyone have a basic trick for how much you use?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:59 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I use a dab on each of my cheeks, my nose, my forehead and my chin. You just kind of know, you know? I don't even use a full pump of the Face Atelier fullsize bottle. Almost a full pump, but not quite. I also use my (freshly washed) hands to spread it out because sponges suck and foundation brushes annoy me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:21 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Sra. Nooch wrote:
What local company is this? I would like to buy more as my sample is out. Thank you.

www.i-cosmetics.co.nz

I'm not sure if they ship outside of NZ/Aus/Asia, alas. They're super helpful, and pretty fast repliers to email, though.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:21 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

paprikapapaya wrote:
I use a dab on each of my cheeks, my nose, my forehead and my chin. You just kind of know, you know? I don't even use a full pump of the Face Atelier fullsize bottle. Almost a full pump, but not quite. I also use my (freshly washed) hands to spread it out because sponges suck and foundation brushes annoy me.

thanks! i guess that's about what i'm doing, although i'm still using the samples so i'm not sure exactly how much product i'm slathering on yet (since there's no pump).

i feel like i somewhere learned that foundation brushes were very important, so i was using one back in the pregan days, and i had one kicking around to use now that i'm trying liquid again. mayhaps i will try the ol' fingers and see how they compare. it kind of bugs me to wash the brush every time, because i am lazy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:58 am 
Naked Under Apron

Well, I tried the Boscia BB Cream, and even though I was ready to love it, it's too dark! It's supposed to be a universal shade, but I usually buy the second lightest shade of foundation, and this is just a bit too dark for me. I put my lighter foundation on top and that helped, but I'm not looking to have another layer of stuff on my face.

Otherwise, I like it. It evened out my skin tone really well (enough that I could skip foundation, which I never do), and made me look a bit glowy (or maybe just tan, heh). If they could make a lighter version, I'd buy it.

If you try it, be forewarned that the texture is odd- kind of like a watery part and a thick part that seem to separate a bit. It's not a problem, you just have to blend well.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:01 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

So I remembered people talking about BB Cream in this thread, and I thought I'd share, I emailed Clinique about their new BB Cream (available in two shades, which is one more than I've seen from most companies) and this was the reply

Quote:
Thank you for your interest in Clinique.

Very few animal derived raw materials are found in Clinique products. Animal ingredients are used only when their efficacy cannot be duplicated by any other source of ingredients. When an ingredient can be obtained from either animals or plants,we use the plant derived material.

We are pleased to advise that no animal-derived ingredients are used in our BB Cream.

These are their BB Creams
http://www.clinique.com/product/1675/19 ... index.tmpl

I also wrote them awhile ago about their Moisture Sheer Tints tinted moisturizer
Quote:
Thank you for your interest in Clinique.

Very few animal derived raw materials are found in Clinique products. Animal ingredients are used only when their efficacy cannot be duplicated by any other source of ingredients. When an ingredient can be obtained from either animals or plants,we use the plant derived material.

I am pleased to advise that no animal-derived ingredients are used in the Moisture Sheer Tints SPF 15.

http://www.clinique.com/product/1687/63 ... index.tmpl

I haven't tried the BB Cream (but I really want to!) but I really like the tinted moisturizer. It goes on even, it isn't greasy, it's not so full of mica that my face looks like a mid 90s rave, and it doesn't irritate my skin or break me out.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:52 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

jess is an emailing rockstar.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:33 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Seriously Jessi, you are my makeup/nail polish shero today.

Just the other day I tried the Boscia BB Cream again, thinking maybe somehow it got lighter or I got darker, but alas, no. So I will definitely be checking this one out!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:28 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

You guys are just getting to share the wealth, the emailing madness is a product of A. getting really obsessed with makeup and girly shiitake again (I went through this three year span of not giving a fork and never wearing makeup or dressing up or anything after having been a makeup/product junkie and fashion obsessed clotheshorse my entire life), and B. becoming more dedicated to my veganism, so more vigilant about my cosmetics.

Plus I've been wanting to try a BB cream since I saw them on the Etude House USA site like a year ago (when the site still existed) but the ingredients weren't listed, then I got excited about the Boscia one, but I'm Casper pale and Amy said it's dark, so I had to know about this one as soon as I saw it. I wrote Clinique once like two weeks ago, and they didn't reply, so I wrote them again last week, and decided if they didn't reply I was going to call, but they replied, yay, happy ending!

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:16 pm 

I think I'll write about the Dr. Jart BB Cream. I'm curious about it. Just looking in Sephora, I liked it better than the Boscia, but I would lay down cash without knowing for sure. The only thing on the ingredient list that jumps out is glycerin. There are a lot of long chemical words though.

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P285402&categoryId=B70#moreInfo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:45 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I'm interested to hear what they say. The beauty editor at XOJane raved about the Dr Jart BB Cream.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:07 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

If anyone is struggling to find decent vegan friendly foundation brushes, you should check out Sigma, they're cheap but good. The rounded kabuki is awesome for liquid foundations.

http://www.sigmabeauty.com/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:30 am 
Ninja Master

I can't find anything on Make Up Forever's testing policy or whether their foundations are vegan. It's annoying, because I LOVE their HD foundation.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:42 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

baps wrote:
I can't find anything on Make Up Forever's testing policy or whether their foundations are vegan. It's annoying, because I LOVE their HD foundation.

I STILL can't get answers from them. I have a vegan friend who works at the company in corporate and says they don't test and most products are vegan, but I'm not so sure..

Cruelty Free Face
Morrissey Hates Murder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:01 am 
Ninja Master

Hmm, that's frustrating, but sounds promising!!

They are on Pixiwoo's list of cosmetics they are happy to use and apparently they only use brands that don't animal test. They also said that they've read the policies of all the companies on their list and if it's dodgy or ambiguous they won't use it! So I don't know what to think.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:28 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

So now that it's December and i'm really not seeing the sun, Lush's light pink shade IS too dark. I need a pasty white foundation that is heavy duty for when my zits go crazy. I have Zuzu Luxe and mineral foundations to cover the other days (all three of them a month). I have an Ulta but i'd rather not spend a ton because i'm also out of mascara.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next