| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Little Confused
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:12 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Tofulish wrote:
lavegan: http://www.forum.theppk.com/viewtopic.p ... start=3400

Spoiler: show
lavegan wrote:
If you all love bums so much, I'd like to see you go hug one, or at least go sit next to one. Put your money where your mouth is. Otherwise STFU with your politically correct holier than thou shiitake. Take your gay loving, hobo loving, abortion loving shiitake and shove it down your throats. See ya, bisques!

OH, AND WOULD YOU LIKE SOME PASTA SALAD WITH THAT? MWAHAHHAHA. HAVE FUN WITH YOUR UGLY asparagus TATTOOS, PIERCINGS, FUGLY HAIR AND CLOTHES. BTW DID YOU KNOW YOU ALL LOOK THE SAME? HAHA IT'S SO forking HILARIOUS HOW ALL YOU THINK YOU'RE SO UNIQUE AND YOU ALL LOOK THE MOTHERFORKING SAME...LIKE shiitake!!!!! HAVE FUN WITH VEGANISM, FUGLIES.

Just read all of it. So horrified. This also makes me realize that I am woefully behind on the state-of-affairs of the PPK. The PPK should have a newsletter.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:49 am 
Venomous Head of Veganism

buckabucka wrote:
Just admit that you would never say what you really think of these people and what they eat because it would affect the bottom line of book sales.

Admit it? You just copied and pasted that out of my rider. I remember the first time I saw a block of tofu, what I really saw was dollar signs.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:56 am 
Venomous Head of Veganism

I'm starting to feel bad for myself because I do pretty much nothing but try to promote vegan shiitake, through my site, VeganMoFo, bakesales, benefit dinners, and I always get comments like this. My books do well, it's not my fault. It doesn't make me rich but what money I do get from it I try to put back into the community. It's so sad that people like this try to shiitake all over it. Makes you kinda' not want to do cool shiitake, but rather roll up into a ball and die.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:07 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Haters gone hate, Isa. Don't let it bring you down!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:21 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

IsaChandra wrote:
I remember the first time I saw a block of tofu, what I really saw was dollar signs.

Pasting this EVERYWHERE.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:23 am 
Discovered unobtainium

IsaChandra wrote:
I'm starting to feel bad for myself because I do pretty much nothing but try to promote vegan shiitake, through my site, VeganMoFo, bakesales, benefit dinners, and I always get comments like this. My books do well, it's not my fault. It doesn't make me rich but what money I do get from it I try to put back into the community. It's so sad that people like this try to shiitake all over it. Makes you kinda' not want to do cool shiitake, but rather roll up into a ball and die.

It is your fault that your books do well. You put out a quality product that people want and you represent the positive growth and acceptance of delicious vegan cooking.

There are always people ready to shiitake all over anything good or positive, no matter what you do. It is about them, not you.

Until I got your cupcake book, I had never baked anything other than those refrigerated cookie dough trays. I've used your book to turn a lot of nonvegans to the great benefits of vegan baking, and they still do it, even years later, which is a lot of eggs and cows milk not being used.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:35 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Also, what Isa really meant to say was, "I remember the first time I saw a block of Baked Tofu ( Appetite for Reduction, p. 144), what I really saw was dollar signs. Don't forget to follow me on twitter!"

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:36 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I like the PPK because I see Isa and others here walking the walk. It's forking easy to snark on an anonymous forum, but I see what Isa does for veganism--she lays it out there. Buckabucka can snark till December, but what actually is this person doing for veganism?

(Buckabucka, please don't answer, because I could care less what you think you are doing in your life one small bit. And by the way, you are not The Extraordinary One Who Thinks About Fine Vegan Food and Cooking. Believe it or not, that has been . . . considered by others. Tiresome and trite.)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:25 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Muffin-Tuffin wrote:
I want more info on this board only he or she can see now?? What do they see? Can they post? Is it like space?!!!?

I imagine it's like space in that Bradbury short story (and also at the end of Dark Star) where you just drift away from the security of your spaceship into icy cold blackness. You lose radio contact, and then there is only the endless cold blackness and you, and you're slowly falling into it.
I'll be in my room, listening to some Bowie.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:00 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

mrsbadmouth wrote:
"Don't forget to follow me on twitter!"

Don't you mean "you should follow me on twitter!".

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:23 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

lavawitch wrote:
IsaChandra wrote:

Until I got your cupcake book, I had never baked anything other than those refrigerated cookie dough trays. I've used your book to turn a lot of nonvegans to the great benefits of vegan baking, and they still do it, even years later, which is a lot of eggs and cows milk not being used.

Seriously! We'll have none of this "roll up into a ball & die" talk thank you, the haters can fork right off. Without VCTOW & your inspirational bake sales / benefit dinners etc I wouldn't have quit my 'proper' job to run a vegan not for profit bakery. I'm donating money to animal charities online right now because of you!

Not-For-Profit Cupcakes: Operation Icing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:53 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

buckabucka wrote:
Just admit that you would never say what you really think of these people and what they eat because it would affect the bottom line of book sales. You've pretty much obtained a captive audience who think you can do no wrong and to whom you annually give a slightly mandatory dose of cookbook.

You obviously forget the days of the scrabble rebellion and "Isa cheats at Scrabble groups".

Seriously thought, if you had ever met or had a conversation with anyone here (include the great mods and isa) you'd see that they are a great bunch of devoted, caring, sarcastic, kick asparagus people busting their lady balls and dude balls to try and make the world a better place for crassholes like you who make weak attempts to put them down.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:20 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Seriously - I don't even know how many people have gone or stayed vegan because of Isa's cookbooks - books that almost never use processed ingredients. My husband went vegan through a combination of reading and eating foods from Isa and Terry's books (and other things not related to this discussion). Most of my other cookbooks are pretty nearly spotless, but almost every Isa/Terry book I own looks beat the hell up because I use them so much. I rarely ate veg before I started cooking from their (and others') cookbooks. And guess whose recipes I used to make baked goods that raised nearly £350 for Doctors Without Borders during the Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale for Haiti (an idea proposed by Isa) - Isa and Terry almost exclusively.

And just so we're covering all our bases, I know a lot of us are or have recently been recipe testing for Alicia, Kelly, Tami, Celine and Joni, and probably others I'm forgetting. Look at the number of threads in the Cookbook sub-forum of the kitchen - they're not all based on convenience foods.

tl;dr version: +1 to haters can fork off.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:38 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I bet every once in a while it must be exhausting to be Isa. I, and obviously many, many others, appreciate everything you do, Isa, so incredibly much. Don't let haters get you down. They're jealous or unhappy with their life, or feed themselves on hate, but you're a good one, and we're all grateful.

The thing that gets me is that the trolls weren't trolls. LAvegan had a decent amount of other posts in regular forums, and then just snapped and went off on the homeless and T-shirt wearing vegans. (I don't know why the T-shirt part stuck out to me so much, but it's kind of my favorite. It kind of makes me want to buy the 'Eat More Kale' T-shirt I kind of want.)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:50 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

fork the haters. Isa, this community and your books have changed my life. I joined the PPK the day after I decided to go vegan and it's been a constant for me this whole journey. Before that, I was someone who didn't know her way around a kitchen and had a weird, bad relationship with food. Thank you for all you've done.

buckabucka's just jealous, f'real.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:03 am 
Married to the wolfman

I'm reading this at work and trying not to laugh out loud, and I think I'm going to bust a lung or something from silent laughing.

+1 to blatant trolling. This person obviously has some problem that is not related to the PPK, or else Isa ran over her dog in another life or something.

But while we're being a tiny bit sentimental, I wouldn't be vegan without the PPK. I was vegetarian for 13 years before you forkers pushed me over the edge/gave me the encouragement and information and reassurance that not all vegans are daikons that I needed to make that leap.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:17 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

coldandsleepy wrote:
I'm reading this at work and trying not to laugh out loud, and I think I'm going to bust a lung or something from silent laughing.

+1 to blatant trolling. This person obviously has some problem that is not related to the PPK, or else Isa ran over her dog in another life or something.

But while we're being a tiny bit sentimental, I wouldn't be vegan without the PPK. I was vegetarian for 13 years before you forkers pushed me over the edge/gave me the encouragement and information and reassurance that not all vegans are daikons that I needed to make that leap.

+1

I went vegan and had only been on the Vegan Freak message boards, and I was starting to question what I was getting myself into honestly. I mean, not hating on them or anything, but it just wasn't where I was at. Then I found the PPK and it was like the clouds parted and the sun shone through and angels sang and all that bullshiitake.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:18 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Every time I notice a new user now I'm going to wonder "Is this buckabucka's new account?!" and will start looking excitedly for the anchovies.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:42 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Seriously, Isa, here's one more sap story to drown out the haters:
I have been vegan for almost 6 years, and it is because the ppk taught me how to cook. I'm just not sure I would have been able to do it without you and Terry, your books, this site, and everyone here whose brilliant posts have taught me how to chop, season, bake, and garden, and love every minute of it.
My boyfriend had tried vegetarianism twice in his life and gave up because he couldn't cook and it was too hard. It took just under a year of me feeding him your recipes before he went vegetarian (almost 3 years now!) and he's been eating vegan these past almost 6 months.He'll be calling himself a vegan soon, and I'm really sure he'll stick with it.
My sister has also been vegetarian for 3 years, and it was the pumpkin ziti from veganomicon that pushed her over the edge and taught her that veg meals can be delicious and hearty and comforting.
My mom drinks almond milk now (hey, it's a start!) and my dad likes things made with seitan.
And this whole ripple in my life can be attributed to the ppk. And I for one am glad that you've been able to make a living doing it. No need to feel bad about getting paid for doing your job well!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:10 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

fezza wrote:
This thread is just horse shiitake isn't it really, whiny, attention seeking, rebound flouncing horse shiitake.

Quote:
So I'm just going to have to cancel my account and start another one.

Catch a grip of your knickers, what kind of person even does that? If you dislike the forum so much peas off to another one. Saying you're going to cancel your account and start another one just makes you look like a tool.

People actually do that sometimes, but, PSA: mods know when you've come back under an alternate name (same goes for people who create "anonymous" accounts.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:51 pm 

Isa, I became vegan after finding a copy of VCTOTW. And now I've been vegan for almost three years. Your books make me excited to cook, and also, anyone who says things like what the Buckster did about you is a complete forking moron who is jealous of how delightful you are.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:02 pm 

rachell37 wrote:
Seriously - I don't even know how many people have gone or stayed vegan because of Isa's cookbooks - books that almost never use processed ingredients.

This, so this. If it wasn't for VWAV, I would not have gone vegan as early as I did. I had planned to go from veg to vegan after I moved out, but VWAV made it so approachable that it kind of just happened 3 years earlier. The fact that Isa doesn't used processed ingredients has spoiled me for other cookbooks, I don't even consider the ones that rely gardein cutlets and vegan cheese.

Also, the PPK boards have been a lot of help for me. It's helped me with my schoolwork, and one of my first posts on the old boards sought advice for me because people were giving me a hard time about my veganism. Yay emotional support!

Isa, you're fabulous. And the work you do is genuinely awesome.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:13 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

This is about daiya, isn't it? WHAT'S EVERYONE'S PROBLEM!?! I THINK IT TASTES FINE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:17 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

B_A_D wrote:

Seriously thought, if you had ever met or had a conversation with anyone here (include the great mods and isa) you'd see that they are a great bunch of devoted, caring, sarcastic, kick asparagus people busting their lady balls and dude balls to try and make the world a better place for crassholes like you who make weak attempts to put them down.

word

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:35 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

jojo wrote:
lavawitch wrote:
IsaChandra wrote:

Seriously! We'll have none of this "roll up into a ball & die" talk thank you, the haters can fork right off. Without VCTOW & your inspirational bake sales / benefit dinners etc I wouldn't have quit my 'proper' job to run a vegan not for profit bakery. I'm donating money to animal charities online right now because of you!

This sentiment. I was vegetarian for 12 years, but your cookbooks showed me that I could, in fact, bake really slammin' vegan treats. Now I am starting a vegan food truck. Been vegan for 4 years and haven't looked back. Thanks, Isa! You positively affect more people than you know. Even if it's just by steering us in the right direction.

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next