| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 168  Next
 Post subject: Re: First World Problems
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:19 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Tofulish wrote:
He's also convinced that he has to blow dry himself because otherwise he'll get sick. Despite the fact that it is 95F. According to him towels don't get him dry. He needs to blowdry his entire body.

Good god! I have never heard of anyone doing this. I wonder where he got the idea?

My problem today is that Degrassi-4-nights-a-week starts today on Much HD. I don't HAVE Much HD! What will I do!?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:27 pm 
WRETCHED

DrakeRedcrest wrote:
Tofulish wrote:
He's also convinced that he has to blow dry himself because otherwise he'll get sick. Despite the fact that it is 95F. According to him towels don't get him dry. He needs to blowdry his entire body.

Good god! I have never heard of anyone doing this. I wonder where he got the idea?

My stepfather does this as well but I don't think he thinks he will get sick. He is just a very hairy man.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:36 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

DrakeRedcrest wrote:
Tofulish wrote:

All I can think of is the hair dryer from Spaceballs.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:08 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

DrakeRedcrest wrote:
My problem today is that Degrassi-4-nights-a-week starts today on Much HD. I don't HAVE Much HD! What will I do!?

It starts here on TeenNick too, and I don't have TeenNick. It goes up online the following day though, at least it did last year, does Much HD not post it?

I have no idea how I'll keep up on Degrassi 4 nights a week as well as General Hospital 5 days a week when my husband is in summer classes for grad school and would be furious if I watched either without him. It's going to be late nights watching TV online for us.

twitter @jessilikewhoa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:54 pm 
Dead by dawn

coldandsleepy wrote:
OKCupid has been sending me like the same three matches for years. Years people!

Match.com keeps sending me matches that I've already contacted. Emails are exchanged through match... they should know we've already been in contact!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:58 pm 
Inflexitarian

choirqueer wrote:
OKCupid won't sort my matches by vegetarianism!

I'm having some of this issue as well. Not that any dudes interested in me are ever veg. They all want to convert me back to making them steak.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:44 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

My company issued a memo that if one gets a promotion one can only get a 5% increase. I'm just about ready for a promotion and I wanted 8%.

The construction of my new deck started today so I have to go to my basement to get the dog in and out. Nobody ever cleans my basement.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:45 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I drove all over the suburbs of Boston trying to find Trader Joe's but my GPS lied to me and it wasn't there. I had to go to Whole Foods instead (which was there) and buy my raw cashews there.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:13 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

4 out of 5 of the organic tomatoes I bought on Saturday have already started going mouldy! and I don't want to take them back as it's out of comfortable walking distance (I got a lift there before).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:20 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

choirqueer wrote:
DrakeRedcrest wrote:
Tofulish wrote:

All I can think of is the hair dryer from Spaceballs.

AND I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT!

"I can't help but feel bad for the Tofurky for having a beer can shoved up it's soy hole." --nickvicious

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:28 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

The ads on the publisher's clearing house website just take forEVer!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:33 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Boyfriend is interstate tonight for some... function thing about sports or something. And he took our only remaining iPod charger. He had a spare one at work but he lost it. So now there's the possibility that my iPod will go flat tonight and I'll have to catch the bus tomorrow listening to people's inane conversations about how cold it is. I am already immensely stressed about the entire ordeal.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:38 pm 
Saggy Butt

It's hot and I don't have an air conditioner and I'm trying to tough it out without one to keep my electric bill at $20 a month.... but it's really forking hot and I think I'm dying.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:39 pm 
Dead by dawn

I just got all excited about the prospect of triple First World citizenship, only to discover that I have to settle for stupid old dual First World citizenship after all.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:39 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

Tofulish wrote:
He's also convinced that he has to blow dry himself because otherwise he'll get sick.

Your husband is obviously Brazilian. Except here they believe that you'll DIE, not get sick, if you don't get totally and completely dry before coming out of the bathroom. ^eyeroll^

I'm amazed at how many first world problems we have here in the third world. Like, all of them, except for those involving Hulu or Trader Joe's......

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:47 pm 
Hip Goiter

jojo wrote:
brian wrote:
Tofulish wrote:

What. Like a full body hot air hosedown?

I'm sorry Tofulish but that made me laugh, a lot!

Me too! Sorry. And I blow dry myself a little sometimes but only when I am shivering and can't get warm (not when wet).

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:59 pm 
Saggy Butt

Yesterday we had a friend over for dinner, and I forgot one of the ingredients and had to walk a whole block to our gigantic local natural foods store. Oh, the agony!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:19 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

jojo wrote:
brian wrote:
Tofulish wrote:

What. Like a full body hot air hosedown?

I'm sorry Tofulish but that made me laugh, a lot!

Agree! (Especially because my father has what he and my mother call "spells" where he gets cold and insists that my mother run the blow dryer on him until he is warm enough. I didn't know there was a club for this!)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:44 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Borders is closing the rest of its stores so now the quickest-to-get-to bookstore will be RICHMOND, a 90 minute one way trip.

To illustrate how ludicrous this is, I am in a really busy, packed suburb of Northern VA. We had lots of Borders and very few Barnes and Noble. Now all we will have are those Barnes and Noble. I currently have two Borders, one of which is about a 35 minute drive.

I'm sad. Not as sad as the employees, probably, but I used to go there and get coffee and a book/magazine whatever almost every week before I stopped leaving the house.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:28 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Today I spilled some of the clean safe drinking water that comes magically in to my kitchen all over my new vegan boots (they were damp, but not ruined.)

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:32 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I got 8 hours of sleep and I'm still tired! what the fizzle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:50 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

lavawitch wrote:
Borders is closing the rest of its stores so now the quickest-to-get-to bookstore will be RICHMOND, a 90 minute one way trip.

ALL of the rest of its stores? Nooooo!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:52 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I wanted to make rhubarb pie, but the 2 stores that I already went to today don't have any rhubarb.
Also, I can't even leave my house in peace because there are drunken idiots sitting around yelling comments at everyone that passes (it's 1 p.m.).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:01 am 
Like Anal, But Backwards

lavawitch wrote:

To illustrate how ludicrous this is, I am in a really busy, packed suburb of Northern VA. We had lots of Borders and very few Barnes and Noble. Now all we will have are those Barnes and Noble. I currently have two Borders, one of which is about a 35 minute drive.

I'm sad. Not as sad as the employees, probably, but I used to go there and get coffee and a book/magazine whatever almost every week before I stopped leaving the house.

I was really annoyed when they shut down Borders over here. They used to sell a decent selection of magazines as well as books.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:46 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I just gouged the not quite set polish on two of my nails. I am pissed because this is a highly limited color that routinely sells for over $100 on eBay and I don't like wasting it. (I paid $20; I'm not completely insane, though I gave my extra bottle away to my aunt because she got swine flu and was miserable)

Grmph! That's what I get for not putting top coat on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 168  Next