| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 589 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: VIDA VEGAN CON!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:23 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Vida Vegan Con is a little over a month away and I can't wait!
Are you going?
Have any plans before, during or after the con?
Lets talk about it!

Post subject: Re: VIDA VEGAN CON!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:32 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Yay! I'm driving the Canadia van down from Vancouver with mishka and epicurvegan. Then pandacookie is coming back up with me to hang out for a few days. I wish I could stay in Portland much longer!

It is going to be so much fun.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:35 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I'm going and I'm so excited! I really want to go to Seattle too but I don't know how to make it happen because it is the first weekend of the semester which is a really bad time to take off of work. Like the worst time of the year. Decisions!!! I also want to eat at the farm this time because I haven't been there yet. And I there is this Lebanese restaurant that I want to go to too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:44 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

vijita wrote:
Yay! I'm driving the Canadia van down from Vancouver with mishka and epicurvegan. Then pandacookie is coming back up with me to hang out for a few days. I wish I could stay in Portland much longer!

Will I see you in Seattle in addition to Portland?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:44 pm 
Totally sane, not interested in bats whatsoever.

I'm not going : (
Maybe next year? That would be swell.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:49 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Yup! Erika and I are speaking, and I am getting tattooed after!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:20 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Rollin' on a west coast tour that includes Vida Vegan.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:16 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

YES. AV/Kelly and I will be there!

I'll also be in Portland all day Monday, so if anyone wants to hang LET'S DO IT.

And yeah, I'm missing my first two days of the semester. umm.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:17 pm 
Grandfathered In

Going. Speaking. Don't know where I'm staying.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:18 pm 
Naked Under Apron

I shall be there!

pakupaku
XGFX: Vegan Gluten-Free Stuff
"Stupid society. I'm gonna go put on bikini kill."~Susie Tofu Monster
"Kittee is wise. Listen to Kittee."~Aruna--> the PPKr currently known as mumbaikar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:19 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

I'm hitting up Seattle, Portland, SF and Canada. I will have a table at the con.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:34 am 
ol' garly cooch

I won a ticket, so I'm going. I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it! I'm a pretty outgoing person in the virtual world, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a case of the quiets because I'll feel like a dork in the cool people pool. Yeah, the food, the people, the workshops. Ack!

I do have a social dilemma of sorts: I think it is Sat night, but there's a cocktail hour. I have a dress, but my shoes are a pregan purchase from like 8 years ago. I don't have money to buy vegan shoes. What do I do? I have a cheap canvas pair that doesn't really match the dress, so do I go in the canvas shoes and look stupid, or do I show up in the non-vegan shoes and commit a vegan faux pas?

I was going to come in on Th., but am coming in to PDX Friday and staying until Monday a.m. Mo is my roommate during the conference! After VVC on Sunday, I'll probably get a cheap hotel near the airport because my flight is at 10ish am on Monday. If anyone wants to split the cost of a room that night, I'm game. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:40 am 
Saggy Butt

I wish I could go... hopefully next year

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:43 am 

jewbacca wrote:
I won a ticket, so I'm going. I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it! I'm a pretty outgoing person in the virtual world, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a case of the quiets because I'll feel like a dork in the cool people pool. Yeah, the food, the people, the workshops. Ack!

I do have a social dilemma of sorts: I think it is Sat night, but there's a cocktail hour. I have a dress, but my shoes are a pregan purchase from like 8 years ago. I don't have money to buy vegan shoes. What do I do? I have a cheap canvas pair that doesn't really match the dress, so do I go in the canvas shoes and look stupid, or do I show up in the non-vegan shoes and commit a vegan faux pas?

I was going to come in on Th., but am coming in to PDX Friday and staying until Monday a.m. Mo is my roommate during the conference! After VVC on Sunday, I'll probably get a cheap hotel near the airport because my flight is at 10ish am on Monday. If anyone wants to split the cost of a room that night, I'm game. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

i dont know how anyone would know (except that you just told us) that your shoes aren't vegan. I doubt anyone at this con is going to be a crasshole and ask you if your shoes are vegan. That would just be really stupid.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:45 am 
She's No Isa Chandra!

pandacookie wrote:
I'm hitting up Seattle, Portland, SF and Canada. I will have a table at the con.

Me too (everywhere except Canada)! When are you going to be in each city?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:52 am 
ol' garly cooch

ijustdiedinside wrote:
jewbacca wrote:

i dont know how anyone would know (except that you just told us) that your shoes aren't vegan. I doubt anyone at this con is going to be a crasshole and ask you if your shoes are vegan. That would just be really stupid.

I figured as much, but I wanted to ask because I still feel traces of guilt about owning that stuff. I figure I'll wear it until it breaks and replace with vegan.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:13 am 
Just Loathin' Around!

AutumnVegan wrote:
pandacookie wrote:

I don't know dates yet, but SF, Portland, Canada, Seattle, SF is the order. I'll be in Portland a couple of days before the con to eat a plate of tots with Ms. Funks. We should do food carts one night if y'all will be in early.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:20 am 
Naked Under Apron

pandacookie wrote:
I will have a table at the con.

Me too! But I am presenting as well. But I have been sewing up a storm. I'm bringing millions of awesome bags and bag packpack things. and zines.

xo
kittee

pakupaku
XGFX: Vegan Gluten-Free Stuff
"Stupid society. I'm gonna go put on bikini kill."~Susie Tofu Monster
"Kittee is wise. Listen to Kittee."~Aruna--> the PPKr currently known as mumbaikar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:26 am 
She's No Isa Chandra!

pandacookie wrote:
AutumnVegan wrote:
pandacookie wrote:

I don't know dates yet, but SF, Portland, Canada, Seattle, SF is the order. I'll be in Portland a couple of days before the con to eat a plate of tots with Ms. Funks. We should do food carts one night if y'all will be in early.

SF will be something like the 17th-22nd, and Seattle right after. Then Lauren and I are getting to PDX either Wednesday night or Thursday morning before the conference, so food carts sound great!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:27 am 
She's No Isa Chandra!

kittee wrote:
pandacookie wrote:

Me too! But I am presenting as well. But I have been sewing up a storm. I'm bringing millions of awesome bags and bag packpack things. and zines.

xo
kittee

Now I know when I'm getting your new zine!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:34 am 
ol' garly cooch

AutumnVegan wrote:
kittee wrote:
pandacookie wrote:

xo
kittee

Now I know when I'm getting your new zine!

Me too! PT is on my to-do list at VVC.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:23 am 

SweetT wrote:
vijita wrote:

Will I see you in Seattle in addition to Portland?

Possibly! There is a rumour that pandacookie and myself could be staying at the monkeyfeet manor on Sept 1st! Picarding should happen!

I'm also co-teaching a nerdy class at VVC.

This is definitely going to be the most PPKers in one place that I have ever experienced. I wish all the far away people could come too.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:53 am 
Venomous Head of Veganism

ijustdiedinside wrote:
jewbacca wrote:

Speak for yourself!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:10 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

OMG! How did I not hear about this sooner. I'm going to be in Portland for vacation while this is happening. I'm so super sad faced now. Can I come lurk outside the door and say hello to everyone?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:20 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

They have a few events that are open to the general public I think. Check out their website! Get tots with us!

Panda With Cookie

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 589 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next