| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Celebrities/"celebrities" you have seen in real life
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:10 pm 
Hip Goiter

Tofulish wrote:
RandiJM wrote:
Audrey wrote:
ooh on Friday I walked past Jim Gaffigan on Park Avenue South. I was thinking "hmm that really looks like..." and then I heard him talking (on one of those earpiece things I guess) and knew it was!

!!! I would have jumped on him; I love him to pieces. Then I would have said 'Hot Pockeetttt' like he does.

I want to hang out and spot celebrities with RandiJM. I'll even bring my own bail money

hahaha I<3 you. I'll show you how it's done :)

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:11 pm 
Semen Strong

Excited! They don't taser pregnant women do they?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:17 pm 
Hip Goiter

Vegans can smell tasers coming, so we'll stop them in time.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:10 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

RandiJM wrote:
Fixed it for you
bren wrote:
they're famous enough to count

Oscar-nominee Jesse Eisenberg from Zombieland, The Social Network, Adventureland, Solitary Man, The Village, The Emperor's Club, and the great The Squid and the Whale.

some TONY-nominated star of Rock of Ages named Constantine Maroulis who got his start on American Idol

Are you trying to give me a heart attack?

I love Constantine!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:22 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

bren wrote:
Oh yeah, and maybe not considered a "celeb" but I also saw Natalie from the blog Bake & Destroy. I was nervous but worked up the courage to tell her I was a fan. She was so sweet and cute!

I love this because I get so nervous around blogger 'celebs.' I went to a book signing and met Tina from Carrots and Cake, and I kept gushing/hopefully not scaring her. She seemed very cool and unaffected by her 'fame.'

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:39 am 
ol' garly cooch

Tofulish wrote:
RandiJM wrote:
Audrey wrote:
ooh on Friday I walked past Jim Gaffigan on Park Avenue South. I was thinking "hmm that really looks like..." and then I heard him talking (on one of those earpiece things I guess) and knew it was!

!!! I would have jumped on him; I love him to pieces. Then I would have said 'Hot Pockeetttt' like he does.

I want to hang out and spot celebrities with RandiJM. I'll even bring my own bail money

Duuuuuude!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:55 am 
Saggy Butt

I've met quite a few celebrities (!!!) as my husband is in the music industry.
The best moments for me where when I met Sarah Jessica Parker, Robert Plant, Johnny Depp, Jerry Cantrell, Sebastian Bach, Chris Cornell, Lenny Kravitz, and everyone from Guns N' Roses (old and new line up). My <3 belongs to Axl . -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:00 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Getting the cheating ones out of the way first: All four members of AFI on several occasions (I was at more than one concert on the tour, okay?) but Adam remembered who I was the second time. And I nearly physically ran into Hunter at a coffee shop. ALso, Gareth David Lloyd at a convention.

Now the totally by accident ones: Tom Hamilton because I went to school with his son. He's driven me home from places more than once. He's really really nice even though I don't like his band. I walked past Stephen Hawking on my way to class once, and then saw him again in his office when I made a wrong turn on my way to office hours.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:41 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

RandiJM wrote:
Fixed it for you
bren wrote:
they're famous enough to count

Oscar-nominee Jesse Eisenberg from Zombieland, The Social Network, Adventureland, Solitary Man, The Village, The Emperor's Club, and the great The Squid and the Whale.

some TONY-nominated star of Rock of Ages named Constantine Maroulis who got his start on American Idol

Are you trying to give me a heart attack?

Is it weird that I kinda have a thing for Jesse Eisenberg? He reminds me of someone, though they have totally different hair. Mike owns some terrible werewolf movie with him and Christina Ricci, and I might actually watch it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:19 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

my celebrity "sightings" are pretty sad but here they are.

for our honeymoon my husband and i went on a mediterranean cruise and apparently thats were all the celebs were at.

we saw one of the dudes from Queer Eye in Pompeii (Carson???)

and we didnt see these people but people whom we shared our dinner table wtih said they saw Trent Reznor with some chippy while we were in Barcelona and apparently Tara Reid was filming some show while we were in Mykonos. we saw the tv equipment and even walked through where they were filming but we saw no Tara Reid.

ive met many indie rock "celebs" that probably no one cares about but those are my "big" celeb "sightings"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:22 pm 
Hip Goiter

zwingtip wrote:
I walked past Stephen Hawking on my way to class once, and then saw him again in his office when I made a wrong turn on my way to office hours.

That's really cool!
blueheart wrote:
I've met quite a few celebrities (!!!) as my husband is in the music industry...

Can I party with you in Europe?

rachell37 wrote:
Is it weird that I kinda have a thing for Jesse Eisenberg? He reminds me of someone, though they have totally different hair. Mike owns some terrible werewolf movie with him and Christina Ricci, and I might actually watch it.

Haha I have no idea what movie that could be!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:27 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

RandiJM wrote:
rachell37 wrote:

Haha I have no idea what movie that could be!

I think it's called Cursed.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:47 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

10 years ago I worked in a coffee shop in Flagstaff, AZ and several famous people came in.. Some athletes that I didn't know :-), and a few others... Most notable was probably Angela Bassett.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:30 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Last year I spotted Anthony Head aka Giles from Buffy the vampire slayer eating waffles in Oxford Circus (London)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:40 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

:envious:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:33 am 
So Totally Yiffy

Neko Case in a tiny bar in Calgary, AB. She was nice and polite even when my friend spent ages talking to her about his band.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:35 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I once saw John Goodman at Barnes & Noble in Metairie. <3
And Mike Patton, strolling the streets of the French Quarter in New Orleans.

Other than that I don't recall seeing anyone more or less famous.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:43 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

I saw Christian Siriano from Project Runway at a deli in NY about a year ago. I wanted to say hi or something, but he was getting dinner with his boyfriend, so I didn't want to be a bother. He's so little!!

That same night my sister swore she saw Charlie Sheen in a car around the same area driving by, but I cannot say the same.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:47 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Badgermog wrote:
Last year I spotted Anthony Head aka Giles from Buffy the vampire slayer eating waffles in Oxford Circus (London)

Next time I go to London I'm going to spend the whole time loitering around Oxford Circus hoping....

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:57 pm 

I was on Howard Stern a few years ago, so I met him, Robin, etc. All pretty nice.

Boarded a plane from Brisbane to LAX right behind Paris Hilton. Of course, at some point the line split and she went off to some fancy part of the plane. Jared Padalecki was on that flight too- saw him at the baggage carousel.

I heard Fidel Castro speak when I was in Havana. He rambled for about 4 hours, then we got to go party at some huge house he owned.

I saw Sam Waterston at a restaurant in New Haven with my mom, who spotted him. I'm afraid I might not have noticed!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:13 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

RandiJM wrote:
Simply_Love wrote:
I saw Orlando Bloom a few years ago. I was in Bend, OR for my sister's wedding, and saw him cross the street with a very buff man I assume was his body guard. It was funny, I thought the guy was just a look-a-like because why the heck would Orlando Bloom be in Bend, OR of all places? I texted my best friend (who has a major crush on him) and told her I had just seen a look-a-like, and we joked for a while about the reasons he would be in Bend if it was truly him. The next day I went with my sister and the other bridesmaides to get our nails done before the wedding. In the middle of getting them done, one of her friends said, "So have you guys heard Orlando Bloom's in town?" Turns out he was there for a bike race of some sort. Most certainly not one of the reasons we had come up with! :P

I proposed to Orlando Bloom at The Lard of the Rings: The Two Towers premiere! Hey I was like 17. He was nice in declining though.

worth a try!

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:49 pm 
Hip Goiter

Dynahmite wrote:
I was on Howard Stern a few years ago, so I met him, Robin, etc. All pretty nice.

Boarded a plane from Brisbane to LAX right behind Paris Hilton. Of course, at some point the line split and she went off to some fancy part of the plane. Jared Padalecki was on that flight too- saw him at the baggage carousel.

I heard Fidel Castro speak when I was in Havana. He rambled for about 4 hours, then we got to go party at some huge house he owned.

I saw Sam Waterston at a restaurant in New Haven with my mom, who spotted him. I'm afraid I might not have noticed!

DYNAH! Wow! You totally win. How have we hung out so often and not discussed your amazing sightings? :) Maybe you knew I would cause a scene. So cool! Also didn't know that you have been to Australia. Woman of mystery

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:14 pm 

RandiJM wrote:
Dynahmite wrote:

DYNAH! Wow! You totally win. How have we hung out so often and not discussed your amazing sightings? :) Maybe you knew I would cause a scene. So cool! Also didn't know that you have been to Australia. Woman of mystery

I have been all kinds of places! We can discuss my travels & sightings over more soft serve soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:14 am 

RatsRGods wrote:
Now I need to know more about this Penny Arcade you all are talking about. Can someone give me a link to some infop about her? I Googled her name but all I got was info about literally penny arcades.

http://www.pennyarcade.tv/
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penny_Arcade_(performer)
http://facebook.com/pennyarcadesuperstar

Also, I am a friend of a friend of Scarlett Johanssen, sometimes we all have girls nights out that involve dinner, cake and booze.
I know various dudes from various bands... Thursday, Taking back Sunday... Those kind of bands.
My friend has a serious of (very) drunk voicemails from Keifer Sutherland from when he used to come in the bar she works at, she also got drunk with and made dioramas with Ryan Gosling.
Hmm... What else, i saw Tori Spelling in the street once.... We did not make contact.
I met the drummer from an ollllld band called the Dogs D'Amour, maybe some Brits will remember them... also Jeff and Blayze Bailey of Wolfbane fame. Blayze also replaced Bruce Dickinson in Iron Maiden for a brief stint.
I think thats all... I currently have my sights set on Michael Monroe (Hanoi Rocks)
There is a strong possibility I may meet him through a friend in a couple of months. I have a tattoo of him, so that could be awkward, but whatevs. I need to meet him so we can fall in love and get married...

ETA; how could I forget Adam Ant!?
He was in the audience at a show in New Orleans when I was 19, I forget who was playing, so I, being slightly inebriated, went over and said 'oh hello' and he said 'hello... You're English as well then' and I said 'how observant, yes I am, we probably have loads of other things in common too' and he said 'that seems likely!' and then I thought I'd better leave him alone. He had the loveliest bone structure.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:26 am 

blueheart wrote:
I've met quite a few celebrities (!!!) as my husband is in the music industry.
The best moments for me where when I met Sarah Jessica Parker, Robert Plant, Johnny Depp, Jerry Cantrell, Sebastian Bach, Chris Cornell, Lenny Kravitz, and everyone from Guns N' Roses (old and new line up). My <3 belongs to Axl . -

You've met Johnny Depp, and yet your heart belongs to Axl?
If we were talking Appetite for Destruction Axl, sure... He'd be a contender... But Johnny? He's in a league of his own.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next