| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: VGALAXY Looking for full restaurant staff!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:10 am 
Tofu Pup

Please pass this on to anyone you know who may be interested in joining the team.

Veggie Galaxy Diner & Bakery (Central Square, Cambridge) is now accepting applications for all positions, both front and back of the house, in anticipation of a late August grand opening.

This is an exciting opportunity to help build a new business as part of a team in a fun, energetic atmosphere.

Veggie Galaxy cuisine focuses on a fresh and modern take on the classic American diner, serving breakfast all day, additional options during lunch and dinner, and offering bold and bright versions of traditional diner fare. Veggie Galaxy is a "from scratch" restaurant, prepping every menu component, from ketchup and mustard to numerous varieties of pickles and slaw. Veggie Galaxy will also be home to a stand-alone bakery producing desserts and baked goods of the highest quality for both dine-in and takeaway customers. Finally, Veggie Galaxy will provide outstanding customer service, building upon the experience of the food to create an overall customer experience that is enjoyable in every way.

(IMPORTANT: When applying, please send resumes and references to the appropriate e-mail addresses listed individually under the category for which you are applying, NOT to the General address included above.)

We are currently seeking qualified applicants for the following positions:

KITCHEN STAFF

AM/PM Supervisors: require a hands-on mentality, supervisors are expected to work the line as needed, as well as oversee day to day operations, ordering schedules, inventory and scheduling.

Prep and Line Cooks: responsibilities include set up, prep and maintenance of an organized and sanitary work environment. Solid communication skills and strong work ethic are key. Candidates must have a strong sense of urgency, passion and teamwork. A positive and outgoing manner are also important, as this is an open kitchen.

Dishwashers: responsibilities include a strong emphasis on maintaining a clean work environment, prep tasks as designated by supervisors, and opening and closing many aspects of the restaurant.

***Kitchen Staff Applicants: E-mail resume and references to VeggieGalaxyKitchen@gmail.com

FRONT OF THE HOUSE

Servers: first and foremost, we are looking for genuinely warm and friendly people who thoroughly enjoy giving great customer service. Experience in high volume food service is definitely a plus, as we expect Veggie Galaxy to be a high volume environment in which you may be required to juggle three or four plates while heading towards one table, stop at a second table to answer questions, and say hello to a regular while passing by a third, all while maintaining a genuine smile on your face.

Retail Bakery: Genuine warmth and friendliness is a must for the bakery counter position as well. You must love making customers happy, even while looking at a line of customers out the door. If it does not make your mouth hurt to smile all day, and in fact, takes more effort to not smile, this may be the job for you.

***Front of the House Applicants: E-mail resume and references to VeggieGalaxyServer@gmail.com

BAKERY PRODUCTION

We are seeking experienced candidates with a genuine passion for and interest in the science of Pastry to be part of a hands on team. We are completely committed to the highest standards and seek candidates with strong visual sensibilities who are very detail oriented, able to multi-task, work flexible hours (opening shifts start at 4am), and have dependable transportation. Some experience working with a scale is strongly preferred; Bread and Cake decorating experience a bonus!

Because we are aiming to create a friendly environment for all (employees as well as customers), we are also seeking candidates who enjoy interacting with others.

Bakery Production Positions include:

Lead Baker: Seeking an experienced candidate with both production baking and some management experience.

Assistant Bakers: Experience preferred, but willing to train the right candidate.

***Bakery Production Applicants: E-mail resume and references to VeggieGalaxyBaker@gmail.com

All positions are hourly, with rates of pay commensurate with experience. Servers receive server wages plus tips.

Post subject: Re: VGALAXY Looking for full restaurant staff!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:58 am 
used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16

If wasn't already the manager at a veg*n restaurant, I would totally jump on this! But thanks for posting it! I will definitely pass it along! I can't wait for the tasting monday!

The day Joy stops coming out of my anus is the day that something else awesome stops doing whatever it is also doing. - Mars

Post subject: Re: VGALAXY Looking for full restaurant staff!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:06 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

I'm still holding out hope that I'm going to get a job in my field, but I have to admit... I'm really tempted to apply to this.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.