| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 145  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Crush Thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:04 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

girl I work with whom I've been crushing on for a little bit told me she likes me but it's awk cause we work together and I'm kind of seeing this guy and she's moving soon and she's only 20 but eeeeee!

-alice1drland

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:21 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Crushes are messy...but it sounds like single guys should work at Whole Foods if they want to get the ladies!

Blog: http://blogthejerk.blogspot.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mikedesert
Band: http://www.myspace.com/hornssf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:22 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

booberthefraggle wrote:
My new phrase to describe a crush: Heart boner.

omg I love this.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:25 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

AmandaMelanie wrote:
I have a crush on Mantracker. The guy from OLN. He's old, he's bearded, and for some reason I find him to be sexy.
My husband knows, he just laughs at me.

I have a huge crush on Les Stroud from Survivorman. He's so tough, wise, a bit dorky and just awesomesauce.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:36 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

And now I have a tiny crush on a 17 year old. I feel like such a creep.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:48 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

schwa wrote:

You're only 20 right? No problem!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:51 am 

Veglicious wrote:
schwa wrote:

Nearly 21. I mean it's not a huge age gap. But I still feel kind of old.
Also, he has a totally hot girlfriend. Damnnn.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:38 am 
Huffs Nooch

I ran into my crush yesterday and based on the circumstances, my mom deducted that he had a girlfriend because she saw his truck unloading materials on the loading dock and the girl that was there told her they were adding a closet to their loft. I felt dumb because he seemed interested. Cut to this morning when she said, "Oh, I saw his truck this morning and it was a bigger truck at the loading dock." So he might still be single. I know I should be happy, but now the crush lives on! More disappointment could be had! Grr.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:34 am 

Ohhh, he uses 'tits' as an expletive. I find that inexpressably adorable.
As in, "Why the tits would you do that?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:31 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Told him how I feel about him, got rejected. Jee, what a surprise. No longer crushing, just crushed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:54 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Bun wrote:
Told him how I feel about him, got rejected. Jee, what a surprise. No longer crushing, just crushed.

:( Sorry, Bun.

I have a crush on a crasshole. We went out for a bit but then he was a dick and I forgot about him...now he's been texting me and wanting to hang out. I said no because I know it's a bad idea that would just get messy....but he's forking hot. I guess that's more of a boner boner than a heart boner.

Happier crush time! My best friend at home and I fiiiinally hooked up this summer and spent every waking moment together. We still really like each other and skype all the time, but nothing's really happening since we go to school on different continents, but I get to see him over Christmas break! Only bad thing is he used to go out with a friend of mine for 2 years (in high school, but that was only 2 years ago). Me and the girl used to be really close, but since graduating high school, I've become sooo much closer with him and me and the ex don't really hang out anymore. Still, if she found out she'd be furious and I'd feel so shiitake.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:26 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Veglicious wrote:
schwa wrote:

17-20 shouldn't be a problem. Not too long ago I told some one that is at least 10 years younger than me that I thought she was "more than cute".
The reply was something like "you're cute too, but no thanks".

Regardless the age difference I think it's best to say how one feels and then to just see what the response is or how things develop.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:08 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

i texted this guy i've had an on/off crush on since june that i thought we should just stop trying to be friends since i basically wanted to kiss him and i felt bad and confused about it because he has a girlfriend. we made out a few times during the summer and talked a lot, but haven't really since late july where we decided to stop making out.
well, i sort of thought that he was a decent guy who would at least write SOMETHING BACK. "it's sort of awkward" or "i'm in love with my girlfriend" or just something, but no. 3 days and not even a "i don't know what to say" or "i'm not interested". seriously dude, that's not okay.
i mean, i don't expect him to actually want to kiss me back or anything like that, i just sort of think it's common decency to reply to texts like that.

it's going to be really awkward when we run into each other, since we have mutual friends.

but whatever, i'm pretty sure the person i was crushing on last summer doesn't actually exist. i think i might have just thought he was nicer and a more decent person than he actually is. so it's better this way. and it would have been awkward if he had replied with "i'm going to dump my girlfriend to be with you" since that's not really what i want either. i just sort of thought it would be better if he knew, since then at least he gets to choose if he thinks it's too weird to be friends, and i get to forget it.

but it's no fun. mostly because i am not used to being rejected like that. ouch.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:20 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

Bun wrote:

Oh boo big old pile of crepe! :( I'm sorry Bun. He is clearly a giant loser idiot. I'd pay cold hard cash for a PPKer to like me.

I'm having a miserable time with my crush and it might be entirely self-inflicted. He did that stupid crepe where in the middle of making out he pulled back and was all "I really like you and I've really enjoyed the dates we've been on, but I don't know what your intentions are and I just wanted you to know that I'm seeing other people."

Which, in my experience, means that he dates via the smorgasbord method--stick it in whoever you meet and see what works out. I date by the "I'm scared of everything and emotionally unavailable" method, so when I actually take a chance on someone, it really means something. But knowing that he is all out there with whatever the hell girl comes along and he's got a whole freaking harem that he's dating makes me feel a lot less special. It sounds to me like he wants to keep sleeping around, but now that he's TOLD me, he doesn't owe me anything and I'm not allowed to get upset should I find out about anyone in the future.

But then he's really sweet and adorable and I really like him, so it sucks. I know, intellectually, that I should break things off with him because I'm going to end up getting hurt, but I like him a lot.

I emailed him about an online voting thing to support my local area rape crisis center, and he not only went and voted, he completely spontaneously made a donation directly to the RCC. Just... he is too much. With the cute and sweet.

I hate knowing that I should be stopping, but I can't help it.

On the other hand, we have no plans to see each other as of now, and he has shown no interest in asking me to do anything, so maybe this has been solved. :(

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:21 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

i have a crush on the phrase "heart boner." but i think my heart penis has erectile dysfunction disorder, as it hasn't pitched a tent in something like two years. my last four crushes were on people who were in serious relationships, though, so it's sort of a relief to be all dead inside.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:26 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I told a dude this weekend that I am half in love with him, but also that I didn't want anything to happen. It's a weird feeling...I think we should just be friends. Maybe I'm just having a super-heartwarming-overwhelming friends feeling for him. I think maybe you can fall in love with friends, just as friends- maybe.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:49 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Quarantined wrote:
I told a dude this weekend that I am half in love with him, but also that I didn't want anything to happen. It's a weird feeling...I think we should just be friends. Maybe I'm just having a super-heartwarming-overwhelming friends feeling for him. I think maybe you can fall in love with friends, just as friends- maybe.

i think this might be how i feel about my crushy dude. it haven't been butterflies and the urge to kiss him for a while now. i just really like him, i want to be near him, i want to cuddle with him and talk to him about tons of stuff. i want people around me to know him. maybe you can crush on someone in a friendly way?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:58 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

smoothie wrote:
Quarantined wrote:

i think this might be how i feel about my crushy dude. it haven't been butterflies and the urge to kiss him for a while now. i just really like him, i want to be near him, i want to cuddle with him and talk to him about tons of stuff. i want people around me to know him. maybe you can crush on someone in a friendly way?

that's exactly how I'm feeling, I want to be around him all the time but not really sure I have a physical attraction. I think it actually feels really nice.

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:03 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Friend-crushing. It's pretty awesome. If a little confusing at times.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:08 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Son of Seitan wrote:
Crushes are messy...but it sounds like single guys should work at Whole Foods if they want to get the ladies!

Yes, they should. I develop a new heart boner every time I walk into that place.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:13 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I've dated a Whole Foods guy...they do have a certain charm. The discount is nice.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:08 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I've had a crush on a guy for almost 8 months now. He's 20 years older than me and calls me "Squeaky Pig" or sometimes just Piggy. :-)
Except that we haven't had sex for about half that time, I keep falling for other gents (ongoing joke that I fall for every dick that comes my way - it works on so many levels!), and I LOVE being single. Damn crushes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:09 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

DarthCupcake wrote:
Bun wrote:

Oh boo big old pile of crepe! :( I'm sorry Bun. He is clearly a giant loser idiot. I'd pay cold hard cash for a PPKer to like me.

Does this count as soliciting?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:10 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

DarthCupcake wrote:
I'm having a miserable time with my crush and it might be entirely self-inflicted. He did that stupid crepe where in the middle of making out he pulled back and was all "I really like you and I've really enjoyed the dates we've been on, but I don't know what your intentions are and I just wanted you to know that I'm seeing other people."

Which, in my experience, means that he dates via the smorgasbord method--stick it in whoever you meet and see what works out. I date by the "I'm scared of everything and emotionally unavailable" method, so when I actually take a chance on someone, it really means something. But knowing that he is all out there with whatever the hell girl comes along and he's got a whole freaking harem that he's dating makes me feel a lot less special. It sounds to me like he wants to keep sleeping around, but now that he's TOLD me, he doesn't owe me anything and I'm not allowed to get upset should I find out about anyone in the future.

His timing wasn't the best that's for sure! It's hard to say much without knowing how long you've been seeing each other as that does change the dynamic of this whole thing. However, the fact that he was up front and honest is a good thing. It sounds like you need to have a talk to him and tell him how you feel and what you want, at least then you will know where you stand. In my opinion (as long as there isnt more to it) both of your ways of dating are completely fine and work as long as you communicate and find out what the other person wants.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:22 pm 
Inflexitarian

Son of Seitan wrote:

seriously. Whole foods was the best for my dating life. People who work or shop there are so attractive. I went on dates with one (suuuuper attractive) coworker and two customers during a matter of a few months while I worked there. And had plenty of other work crushes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 145  Next