| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Insomnia
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:15 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

This post is not a post unless it is in which case it's a really bad post.

What?

Eminem?

Shadowboxer.

... pepernoten.

Post subject: Re: Insomnia
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:17 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Then this answer is not an answer unless whatever.
I like this thread.
And whenever I'm not lying awake in the middle of the night wishing I wasn't, I'm having weird jumbled-up dreams that fade during breakfast, and I wish I'd remember them at least.
Does that make any sense?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:25 pm 

I'd rather be dreaming than inside a puppet master.

That made sense.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:29 pm 
Chard Martyr

Phoenix wrote:
I like this thread.
And whenever I'm not lying awake in the middle of the night wishing I wasn't, I'm having weird jumbled-up dreams that fade during breakfast, and I wish I'd remember them at least.

This. I only dream if I take my sleepy meds. And then they're more like nightmares.
Even then, I wake up nearly every hour. It's annoying. I get five hours, max, of sleep... and it's not even uninterrupted hours... except for the other day- five uninterrupted hours! For the first time in eight years

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:33 pm 

Meggs wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
I like this thread.

This. I only dream if I take my sleepy meds. And then they're more like nightmares.
Even then, I wake up nearly every hour. It's annoying. I get five hours, max, of sleep... and it's not even uninterrupted hours... except for the other day- five uninterrupted hours! For the first time in eight years

They won't give me sleepy meds. I got sleepy meds before during the dededetox. But now they say sleepy meds bad, because sleepy meds addictive. I no have sleepy meds. I no sleep.

I'd give you my night's rest if I could though, that sounds horrible.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:49 pm 

You never hear someone say "Man, I wish I'd have more panic attacks". Why is that. We seem to like other things that take our breaths away and make our hearts beat faster. See, it has all the characteristics of something fun... but it's not fun. Oi. I think I'm onto something here.

Why is it pronounced leeraar instead of leraar?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:57 pm 
Chard Martyr

Dr. Horrible wrote:
You never hear someone say "Man, I wish I'd have more panic attacks". Why is that. We seem to like other things that take our breaths away and make our hearts beat faster. See, it has all the characteristics of something fun... but it's not fun. Oi. I think I'm onto something here.

Excellent point!
Breath being taken away, heart beating faster sounds like falling in love or being on a roller coaster... something exciting!
Dr. Horrible wrote:
They won't give me sleepy meds. I got sleepy meds before during the dededetox. But now they say sleepy meds bad, because sleepy meds addictive. I no have sleepy meds. I no sleep.

I'd give you my night's rest if I could though, that sounds horrible.

fork, there are non-addictive ones! I guess I see their point, though, it should even out and eventually will return to a normal sleeping pattern.
Thanks, I'd take your night's rest for a night or two.... but I wouldn't trade you because I wouldn't want to give you mine.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:02 pm 

Meggs wrote:
but I wouldn't trade you because I wouldn't want to give you mine.

I appreciate that.

Ever closed your eyes and felt like your eyes were falling back, like rolling back, and it made you dizzy? I think that might also be what's giving me the headache.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:05 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Dr. Horrible wrote:

Ha! We should write a book together.
Why do I wish I could get that childhood sense of horror back where you always look over your shoulder to make sure that the monster isn't there, while I'm definitely not enjoying anxiety at all...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:08 pm 
Chard Martyr

Phoenix wrote:
Ha! We should write a book together.
Why do I wish I could get that childhood sense of horror back where you always look over your shoulder to make sure that the monster isn't there, while I'm definitely not enjoying anxiety at all...

Childhood? Adulthood.
Monster? Real person.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:20 pm 

Meggs wrote:
fork, there are non-addictive ones! I guess I see their point, though, it should even out and eventually will return to a normal sleeping pattern.

Oh they gave me non-addictive ones. They just don't do anything, 'cause they were made to stop allergies, and not put 7-days-sober alcoholics to sleep. The worst thing is, this attitude towards these meds might be what's keeping them from working, instead of them just not working. Reversed forking placebo.

I can see I'm entering the severely pissed-off phase of my insomnia, so I'm leaving before I kill someone on the internet with my mind. Unless any Whedon-hater would like to volunteer to die for my pleasure.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:24 pm 
Chard Martyr

Dr. Horrible wrote:
I can see I'm entering the severely pissed-off phase of my insomnia, so I'm leaving before I kill someone on the internet with my mind. Unless any Whedon-hater would like to volunteer to die for my pleasure.

HUGS.... sweet dreams.... or see you in a few if you still can't sleep!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:25 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Meggs wrote:
HUGS.... sweet dreams.... or see you in a few if you still can't sleep!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:47 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

yar, bumping, because i am back in insomnia land. it's not late yet but i haven't slept in days and i'm sitting here bright awake and it's bedtime. i'm working too much but it's a good thing but it's making me nuts.... i need some things in my life to resolve themselves so i don't stay up all night blinking. things are good, don't get me wrong, but too much is going on, it's hard to keep track of all things. and i need my mind to run about 100000x slower than it does, i feel like i have a squirrel on crack inside my head sometimes.
/vent. back to your nice night's sleep. i'll be listening to meditations on my ipod in bed while i'm supposed to be sleeping.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:17 pm 
Wal-Mart's White Knight

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:51 pm 

hello world. I have sleeping pills. I also started on the Seroquel again, which should make me sleep. Plus there are other factors... so I should be asleep. But I'm... not. And even if I do fall asleep, I'll just wake up in a couple of hours after a nightmare. I've been dreaming about my high-school torturer, if you know what I mean. I hate her. N. I hate her. Hate her. Anyone here who I can pay to hurt her? I know that sounds bad, but then again, she deserves it, I promise.

Sameness, that was a freaking awesome song. Mmm.

And I go back to... I go back to black...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:12 pm 

Torque, I hope things have gotten better since you posted!! I know how you feel (it's okay if you don't believe this) and I hope you're okay! I could give you some silly advice but since I can't seem to follow it myself, I'll refrain from preachin'. <3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:05 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

the only thing worse than insomnia is insomnia + laziness.... you know, too lazy to turn the computer on. i'm back to the 3:30 wakeup call, with an added hourly wakeup/need to walk around as well. i know it's just nerves, but i just really screwed myself today- up all night, worked 9-12, then slept from 2pm to 6pm, now i know i won't be able to sleep tonight, no way no how. but then again, i am on another strict deadline, so i guess it all works out. when i don't have any more work to do late at night, then i'll start bisqueing and moaning again. also, the weather is getting cold again here (we had a warm spell for a bit) and that seems to make me sleep better.
i think i'll ask the acupuncturist if he has any ideas when i see him next week. i mean, hell, he's already sticking things in my skin and ears, maybe he can give me some more tips. (couldn't help the pun, sorry....)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:18 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

what up mother forker.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:54 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I suffer from chronic (life-long) insomnia. It gets especially bad when there's stress in my life, which there pretty much always is. I just started classes and I'm already not sleeping again. Sigh.

I take Klonopin for sleep, but it doesn't work, so I don't usually take it.

It would be nice to sleep on a regular basis. Back when I was in my teens/early 20s, I rarely ever slept. Sometimes I'd be awake for two, three weeks. That sounds excessive, and I was hospitalized a few times from exhaustion/mental issues. I shouldn't say that, probably.

Sleep is overrated, anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:17 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

my girlfriend sometimes gives me a klomipin but it makes me drowsey until noon! tonight i made pink and green pierogi and fauxtosses. i got so much done.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:40 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

yo. and just like that: boom! back to insomnia land. my brand is the one where i fall asleep just fine, totally exhausted, and sleep beautifully for a few wee hours. and then: wham. 4am. like clockwork. i wake up, toss/turn/torture myself with my mind, and am miserable for three hours. then around 7 or 8 i sometimes drift back for about 15-45 minutes, just long enough to properly fall asleep again before i have to be awake again. if i take drugs like the ativan that i have, then i'm too woozy all through the afternoon the next day.

there is a british play called 4:48 psychosis, in which the playwright posits that that is the hour in the morning when you are most likely to go insane. i feel that.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:46 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Hello again. Gave up on trying to sleep around four a.m., and I don't know how long I lay awake before that.
Nice to catch up on the internets, though.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:26 am 
Has gasoline in her veins

Last night, I woke up at 2 am and couldn't go back to sleep until almost 6. Stupid insomnia! *shakes fist*

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:25 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

And again. Woke up around three (?) - finally managed to fall back asleep some time between four and five (I hope), then was up again as soon as it was just a tiny bit light outside. I don't know how many hours of sleep I got all in all, but I know I need more. Lots more.
Since this is in all probability connected to another approaching deadline, I just hope I'll be able to sleep like a baby afterwards.